ImageImageImage

Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1961 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:19 am

Langford for Sabonis makes some sense for Indiana.. they have a definite ceiling right now, and Langford has 'star' potential. They get a cost-controlled wing to develop, and if he hits, they've got two star wings to go with Turner.. it's a gamble, but they're down in the count and probably won't get better offers. Not only is Sabonis a bad fit for their roster and hitting restricted free agency, it's now leaked that his price is too high, they don't think he's worth it, and they're looking at trading him. And they don't have any salary ballast to package with him for someone else's big contract.

Look what Utah got for Enes Kanter when he was headed into restricted free agency, averaging 14 and 8 in 27 minutes, back in 2015 when he was less of a defensive liability, 22 years old, and good enough to get a pre-cap jump max from the small market Thunder to come off the bench: Grant Jerrett, the right to Tibor Pleiss, Kendrick Perkins, a 1st and a 2nd - https://www.nba.com/jazz/news/jazz-acquire-three-players-and-two-future-draft-picks-three-team-trade
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 26,237

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1962 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:26 am

In years past I wanted to trade Rozier for Sabonis. That is obviously not an option now. :)
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#1963 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:28 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:In years past I wanted to trade Rozier for Sabonis. That is obviously not an option now. :)

I did, too - Ainge held onto Terry past his peak trade value, and Sabonis ended up worth much more. Now I think the same dynamic is happening with Jaylen and Sabonis - Indiana waited too long to trade him, they might have had a chance at Jaylen Brown, and now Jaylen's value is rising.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#1964 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:42 am

The Myles Turner scenario:

Hayward to Orlando, maybe with Carsen Edwards - the Magic get the second scorer and point forward they need, Isaac and Aminu cover the 4, Ross, Fultz and Augustin the backcourt -

Aaron Gordon to Indiana - the Pacers pick Sabonis as their center, Gordon covers for him defensively, and with Sabonis' offensive mobility, passing, rebounding and low-post scoring, with AG's developing playmaking, and Oladipo on the way back, they bet on their offense and Sabonis' continued improvement, whereas Turner, still stiff and a little slow in space, weak on the boards, has probably stagnated -

Myles Turner and filler - probably Evan Fournier's awful contract - to Boston - we stay a weak rebounding team, we set up a problem as Rob Williams develops, and Turner has had a negative OBPM for his entire career, but he's an elite rim protector and he can shoot threes well enough to space the floor for Kemba, Brown and Tatum. We could also roll out a FIBA loser starting five: Kemba, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Turner.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,193

Post#1965 » by Darth Celtic » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:42 am

CelticsLV wrote:
canman1971 wrote:
CelticsLV wrote:
Well, I don't really trust any insider here except Smitty. He or any reputable source outside of this forum reported nothing like that. So I don't take this "Celtics had a deal agreed" as a fact.

Not even sure the point of this. Why should anyone care if you trust any "source" whether on this forum or in the wonderful local or national media? Same as nobody should care if I trust the same. If trust is a criteria for posting on the internet, then we are all doomed. Your comment is a backhanded insult to anyone but Smitty. What's the point really? Except, I guess, you trust Smitty (time to celebrate Smitty),whom I'm assuming you've never met. Weird world we live in. Point is, don't trust anyone on the internet; that's what I tell my students and my son. Simple.

What don't you understand here!? I asked a proof from a reputable source. I got an answer that insiders on this board said it but I explained that I don't consider the "insiders" on this board legit/trustworthy. Where's the insult!? Not trusting some insider is an insult now? I simply don't take their info as facts. I doubt reload considers this as an insult but you for some reason do.

Why you got so butthurt is what I don't understand.

Hey, it's ok, we to are ok with you being wrong about it too.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,193

Post#1966 » by Darth Celtic » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:44 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:The Myles Turner scenario:

Hayward to Orlando, maybe with Carsen Edwards - the Magic get the second scorer and point forward they need, Isaac and Aminu cover the 4, Ross, Fultz and Augustin the backcourt -

Aaron Gordon to Indiana - the Pacers pick Sabonis as their center, Gordon covers for him defensively, and with Sabonis' offensive mobility, passing, rebounding and low-post scoring, with AG's developing playmaking, and Oladipo on the way back, they bet on their offense and Sabonis' continued improvement, whereas Turner, still stiff and a little slow in space, weak on the boards, has probably stagnated -

Myles Turner and filler - probably Evan Fournier's awful contract - to Boston - we stay a weak rebounding team, we set up a problem as Rob Williams develops, and Turner has had a negative OBPM for his entire career, but he's an elite rim protector and he can shoot threes well enough to space the floor for Kemba, Brown and Tatum. We could also roll out a FIBA loser starting five: Kemba, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Turner.

Grats, you finally made up a trade that all 3 teams would hang up the phone on.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,476

Post#1968 » by 31to6 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:39 am

I’d trade Romeo and a low first or two for Sabonis easily, but we’d be trading a guy who’s been hurt since before we drafted him and shoots jumpers like a frog. Sabonis was garbage against us in the playoffs but has good raw and advanced stats.

With our deluge of quality low cost bench pieces from the 2019 draft, we might be okay without low firsts for the next couple of years. Need roster space for that Grizz pick when it lands no. 1:)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1969 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:41 am

Triple7 wrote:https://hardwoodhoudini.com/2019/10/18/javonte-green-wins-boston-celtics-final-roster-spot/

I hate articles like this one. Its source is a local CBS article that quoted Shams’ piece that said Green is the likely winner. Somehow they dropped the word likely and made it more definitive.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1970 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:44 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:Would offer Romeo and picks for Sabonis. Indy gets a local kid that fits perfectly as a 3 next to Oladipo. Would not trade Jaylen.

When is Romeo eligible to be traded?

Actually, which of our players are eligible to be traded right now, period? :) Tatum, Brown, Smart, Hayward, Ojeleye and Robert Williams obviously are, since each of them was signed long before the most recent offseason. But is anybody else?

He is eligible now— rookies are blocked for 30 days following when they sign their contract.

Kanter and Kemba are definitely ineligible. I believe Theis and Wanamaker are as well. Unsure about Poirier, but think he’s ineligible too.

Return to Boston Celtics