ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2019-2020

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,700

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2019-2020 

Post#21 » by Homerclease » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:53 am

Too bad Tyler Herro got snatched up before we picked. We were rumored to be high on him
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,759

Post#22 » by reload141 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:13 am

Homerclease wrote:Too bad Tyler Herro got snatched up before we picked. We were rumored to be high on him

This.
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#23 » by greenroom31 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:28 am

Fun young Paul Pierce video to celebrate his birthday yesterday:

Read on Twitter
?s=21
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,981

Post#24 » by NuckyPowell » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:57 am

Homerclease wrote:Too bad Tyler Herro got snatched up before we picked. We were rumored to be high on him

He's who I wanted before the draft, too. Too bad Pat the Rat got him first.
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,981

Post#25 » by NuckyPowell » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:00 am

greenroom31 wrote:Fun young Paul Pierce video to celebrate his birthday yesterday:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Great stuff. Because he had such a long career, it was easy to forget that he could really throw down back in the day.
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,808

Post#26 » by Roddy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:32 pm

LeBron James On Daryl Morey's Tweet: 'He Wasn't Educated On The Situation'

LeBron James said he believed Daryl Morey "wasn't educated" on the situation in Hong Kong before retweeting a tweet supporting protesters in the region.

"I don't want to get into a [verbal] feud with Daryl Morey, but I believe he wasn't educated on the situation at hand, and he spoke. And so many people could have been harmed not only financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually," said James before the Lakers' preseason game against the Warriors.

James went further, adding that he believed Morey was "misinformed" on the situation.

"I believe he was either misinformed or not really educated on the situation, and if he was, then so be it. I have no idea, but that is just my belief. Because when you say things or do things, if you are doing it and you know the people that can be affected by it and the families and individuals and everyone that can be affected by it, sometimes things can be changed as well. And also social media is not always the proper way to go about things as well, but that's just my belief," said James.

James then took to Twitter afterwards to clarify his comments in two tweets.

"I do not believe there was any consideration for the consequences and ramifications of the tweet. I'm not discussing the substance. Others can talk about that," said James in his first tweet.

"My team and this league just went through a difficult week. I think people need to understand what a tweet or statement can do to others. And I believe nobody stopped and considered what would happen. Could have waited a week to send it," he added.

jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#27 » by jmr07019 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:42 pm

Roddy wrote:

LeBron James said he believed Daryl Morey "wasn't educated" on the situation in Hong Kong before retweeting a tweet supporting protesters in the region.

"I don't want to get into a [verbal] feud with Daryl Morey, but I believe he wasn't educated on the situation at hand, and he spoke. And so many people could have been harmed not only financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually," said James before the Lakers' preseason game against the Warriors.

James went further, adding that he believed Morey was "misinformed" on the situation.

"I believe he was either misinformed or not really educated on the situation, and if he was, then so be it. I have no idea, but that is just my belief. Because when you say things or do things, if you are doing it and you know the people that can be affected by it and the families and individuals and everyone that can be affected by it, sometimes things can be changed as well. And also social media is not always the proper way to go about things as well, but that's just my belief," said James.

"I do not believe there was any consideration for the consequences and ramifications of the tweet. I'm not discussing the substance. Others can talk about that," said James in his first tweet.

"My team and this league just went through a difficult week. I think people need to understand what a tweet or statement can do to others. And I believe nobody stopped and considered what would happen. Could have waited a week to send it," he added.

Eh I'm kinda with LeBron on this one. I wouldn't want to go to China a week after Morey said that. I'd be scared the Chinese govt would arrest me and throw me in prison every second I was there.
Show Love Spread Love
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 94,892

Post#28 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:15 pm

Read on Twitter

I feel bad for Gerald Green. Also, in behalf of Danny Ainge, I would like to offer Javonte Green to the Rockets in exchange for two future unprotected 1st round picks and cash.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#29 » by CeltsfaninDC » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:15 pm

jmr07019 wrote:
Roddy wrote:

Eh I'm kinda with LeBron on this one. I wouldn't want to go to China a week after Morey said that. I'd be scared the Chinese govt would arrest me and throw me in prison every second I was there.

You either have morals and standards or you don’t. LeBron doesn’t want anyone messing up his $$$ which is all this is about for him. He couldn’t find HK on a map let alone give you any insight into why those people are protesting, but don’t screw with his $$$. It was a sad moment for him.
Festurs
Junior
And1: 375

Post#30 » by Festurs » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:27 pm

I would like to have someone ask Lebron what portion of Daryl Moreys tweet was misinformed.

I was just watching the jump, not sure why ,and I’m listening to Kendrick Perkins spew out that Morey was selfish and that players would be punished for doing the same thing.

I believe players have spoken out publicly on politics and public matters armed with only opinions not fact , then are praised as heroes.
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,991

Post#31 » by Floody100 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:36 pm

Replace Herro with Langford & our draft class this year is absolutely perfect.
Here’s hoping Langford turns out better than Herro.
ConnorHenry
Senior
And1: 194

Post#32 » by ConnorHenry » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:27 am

CeltsfaninDC wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:
Roddy wrote:

You either have morals and standards or you don’t. LeBron doesn’t want anyone messing up his $$$ which is all this is about for him. He couldn’t find HK on a map let alone give you any insight into why those people are protesting, but don’t screw with his $$$. It was a sad moment for him.

I'm not sure LeBron is any more educated on the topic than is Daryl Morey. LeBron is a bright guy but he's not an authority on international relations (or the NCAA for that matter, not to digress). He's been insulated from the world by his team of handlers, which not only has kept him from fully grasping issues like those faced in China but has also caused him to develop both a sense of entitlement and self-righteousness. To say Morey was misinformed or not educated on the topic of China is dubious; Morey is a very educated guy; just read his MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Profile at http://www.sloansportsconference.com/people/daryl-morey/. Being an analytics guy, he's not likely to say anything about something without having tried to get an understanding of it. I'm betting it was exactly because Morey knew a lot about China's treatment of people that he tweeted what he did in the first place. LeBron is just seeing things from a dollars and cents perspective, much like he has with the Pay for Play Act California passed regarding NCAA athletes and he did when decided to play in LA so he could be well-positioned to launch his media empire and keep raking in the dough after his playing career ends. More power to him if he can make money hand over fist but there are nuances to many situations he just doesn't get.

I think Enes Kanter said it best about LeBron's stance on China and Morey:

Read on Twitter

Full story about Kanter's reaction at: https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3983357002
My name's Henry Connor.
Conner Henry was a Celtic.
Hence the pun.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 9,155

Post#33 » by sam_I_am » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:38 am

ConnorHenry wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:

I'm not sure LeBron is any more educated on the topic than is Daryl Morey. LeBron is a bright guy but he's not an authority on international relations (or the NCAA for that matter, not to digress). He's been insulated from the world by his team of handlers, which not only has kept him from fully grasping issues like those faced in China but has also caused him to develop both a sense of entitlement and self-righteousness. To say Morey was misinformed or not educated on the topic of China is dubious; Morey is a very educated guy; just read his MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Profile at http://www.sloansportsconference.com/people/daryl-morey/. Being an analytics guy, he's not likely to say anything about something without having tried to get an understanding of it. I'm betting it was exactly because Morey knew a lot about China's treatment of people that he tweeted what he did in the first place. LeBron was just seeing things from a dollars and cents perspective, much like he has with the Pay for Play Act California passed regarding NCAA athletes.

I think Enes Kanter said it best about LeBron's stance on China and Morey:

Read on Twitter

Full story about Kanter's reaction at: https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3983357002

I don’t often agree with Lebron and 100% support the content of what Morey tweeted. However, Morey was safely in Houston while there were two teams in China who got stuck in middle of the controversy who had to face the consequences. I think that is what Lebron was trying to convey before putting his foot in his mouth.
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,695

Post#34 » by ParticleMan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:45 am

^^^agreed.

not to defend lebron too much, but i think it's important to look at the full context of what he said, not just the "morey was misinformed" soundbite. from what i read, lebron's concern was for the american players in china at this time. this is a player safety issue -- you can see how the chinese people have reacted to this, and the chinese government isn't famous for abiding by international humanitarian standards. it puts these players in an awkward situation. i think lebron's message didn't convey this super well, but at the end he basically said "morey could have waited a week", when those nba teams would have been safely home. i don't think he was siding with the chinese in the HK situation so much as just worried about nba (and formed nba) players over there, and questioning morey's decision to tweet this without regard for the on-the-ground consequences.
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,808

Post#35 » by Roddy » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:11 am

Please tell me what the Chinese government would have done to two nba teams (so around 80 people with the staff and all ) ??? Put them in jail ???
Lebron is just trying to save his business in China. Its all about money and saying that Morey is misinformed is just giving credit to the Chinese government.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,364

Post#36 » by Darthlukey » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:42 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

I feel bad for Gerald Green. Also, in behalf of Danny Ainge, I would like to offer Javonte Green to the Rockets in exchange for two future unprotected 1st round picks and cash.

Jokes aside, I don't think the rockets can legally make that trade thanks to russ
Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#37 » by Disinformation » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:49 pm

Can someone point me to where LeBron made a comment about the safety of NBA players in China? I have not seen that quote. And personally, until I do, I think you guys are giving LeBron too much credit for what he was actually concerned about.
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,191

Post#38 » by DarkAzcura » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:02 pm

Disinformation wrote:Can someone point me to where LeBron made a comment about the safety of NBA players in China? I have not seen that quote. And personally, until I do, I think you guys are giving LeBron too much credit for what he was actually concerned about.

I think there is enough from this below quote to assume that is what he means.

He’s saying the team had a difficult week and he could had waited before sending the tweet.
Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#39 » by Disinformation » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:07 pm

DarkAzcura wrote:
Disinformation wrote:Can someone point me to where LeBron made a comment about the safety of NBA players in China? I have not seen that quote. And personally, until I do, I think you guys are giving LeBron too much credit for what he was actually concerned about.

He’s saying the team had a difficult week and he could had waited before sending the tweet.

Fair enough. I'm not convinced of his intentions, but I'll agree that you can read that quote that way.
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#40 » by 3D Chess » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:09 pm

Disinformation wrote:
DarkAzcura wrote:

Fair enough. I'm not convinced of his intentions, but I'll agree that you can read that quote that way.

He only said that part while doing damage control on Twitter, after he made the original comments to the press.

Return to Boston Celtics