ImageImageImage

Celts Overthrow Monarchy! Victory Cigar vs SAC 4/5

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Froob, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts

Who smokes the big cigar?

Tatum
6%
Jrue
2%
KP
31%
Horford
No votes
Hauser
2%
Pritchard
32%
Kornet
2%
Tillman
23%
Svi
No votes
Other/Coach/Team
3%

Total votes: 65

Triple7
RealGM
And1: 9,103

Re: Celts Overthrow Monarchy! Victory Cigar vs SAC 4/5 

Post#21 » by Triple7 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:11 am

Fierce1 wrote:Joe really tried to hand the Kings the win.

The Kings just couldn't capitalize.

My lakers friends are cursing psycho Joe. Telling me the celtics are deliberately trying to lose to the kings haha.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 97,392

Post#22 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:21 am

Read on Twitter

Wrong. Historic SRS matters more.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 22,861

Post#23 » by Curmudgeon » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:24 am

Well, that's one way to win.

IMHO that was good coaching by Mazulla. Let the bench win it or lose it. See who performs in crunch time.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,513

Post#24 » by Captain_Caveman » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:26 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:Joe Mazzulla is a **** clown. Can't believe how bad this guy is at all times. If he costs us another title, the only saving grace is that we will fire him for sure.

Also, I know some of you like Hauser, but he better not play in the playoffs. I will bet $10,000 to win $1,000 that if he averages close to his regular season average in minutes, we are getting bounced for sure.

Anyhow, yay... we won after trying to give the game away. Stay healthy, please.

lol

Haven't seen you talk hoops yet.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 26,991

Post#25 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:27 am

Curmudgeon wrote:Well, that's one way to win.

IMHO that was good coaching by Mazulla. Let the bench win it or lose it. See who performs in crunch time.

Easier to convince them they have something to play for than to convince the starters.

Also easier for them to have significant learning experiences at this late stage of the season.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Gant
General Manager
And1: 12,588

Post#26 » by Gant » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:31 am

All the upper playoff teams in the East below Boston are desperately trying to win, and they're losing. Meanwhile the Celtics are using games as practice to work on some things, and they're winning.
seiffert82
Junior
And1: 273

Post#27 » by seiffert82 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:32 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:Joe Mazzulla is a **** clown. Can't believe how bad this guy is at all times. If he costs us another title, the only saving grace is that we will fire him for sure.

Also, I know some of you like Hauser, but he better not play in the playoffs. I will bet $10,000 to win $1,000 that if he averages close to his regular season average in minutes, we are getting bounced for sure.

lol
Yep.

I actually thought this was great coaching. Anyone who thinks Mazzulla sticks with the same lineup in a game that matters has rocks in their head.

Nice to see those five players be given an opportunity to execute against quality opposition desperate for a win.

If Hauser hits 4 or 5 more of his (very open) shots we win by 15+ and the finish to the game doesn't happen. Who cares, the result was virtually meaningless. It was a perfect training run rather than watching the starting 5 cruise to a victory.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Post#28 » by Fierce1 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:34 am

Gant wrote:All the upper playoff teams in the East below Boston are desperately trying to win, and they're losing. Meanwhile the Celtics are using games as practice to work on some things, and they're winning.

Just goes to show the system works.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#29 » by Fierce1 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:36 am

This is really embarrassing if you're the Kings.

With 7 minutes remaining, it was 2nd and 3rd stringers for the Cs versus the Kings starters.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 29,058

Post#30 » by 31to6 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:36 am

That game reminded me of when you just punch yourself in the nuts for two straight hours.

But. VICTORY! Glorious. Let’s bathe in the radiant glow. Had they lost, we’d be on page 9 already, and I’m not that interested in talking because I have to go heal my groin (too far?)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
31to6
RealGM

Post#31 » by 31to6 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:37 am

Fierce1 wrote:This is really embarrassing if you're the Kings.

With 7 minutes remaining, it was 2nd and 3rd stringers for the Cs versus the Kings starters.

And O’shae was a -17 in those few minutes. Saved by the bell!
31to6
RealGM

Post#32 » by 31to6 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:38 am

VC to our lord and Xavier for his one big play, and CP to PP for being the one consistently good player who wasn’t 7’3” tonight.
Riverwalk2021
Starter
And1: 2,242

Post#33 » by Riverwalk2021 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:38 am

The East is complete ass. If the Celtics don't make the Finals, it would be a huge indictment of Tatum and of course Birdbrain. I feel they will get there though lol
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#34 » by Captain_Caveman » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:38 am

seiffert82 wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:

lol
Yep.

I actually thought this was great coaching. Anyone who thinks Mazzulla sticks with the same lineup in a game that matters has rocks in their head.

Nice to see those five players be given an opportunity to execute against quality opposition desperate for a win.

If Hauser hits 4 or 5 more of his (very open) shots we win by 15+ and the finish to the game doesn't happen. Who cares, the result was virtually meaningless. It was a perfect training run rather than watching the starting 5 cruise to a victory.

I'm never talking about one game. We are probably the most talented team in the league, yet are terrible in close games maybe 75% of the time? Been watching this guy for almost two years and still haven't seen him coach a good game.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#35 » by Fierce1 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:40 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
seiffert82 wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
lol
Yep.

I'm never talking about one game. We are probably the most talented team in the league, yet are terrible in close games maybe 75% of the time? Been watching this guy for almost two years and still haven't seen him coach a good game.

Maybe it's your TV. :lol:
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#36 » by Captain_Caveman » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:45 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
seiffert82 wrote:Yep.

Maybe it's your TV. :lol:

Willing to put my track record on hoops takes up with anyone here.

I've never really bashed a head coach before. Other than Mark Jackson, and that was mostly because all the people I knew on or around the Warriors and Kings constantly talked about what a major league **** the guy was.

Joe is a rock bottom coach. Once of the worst I have ever seen in the NBA. Incompetent, stubborn, unqualified.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 20,372

Post#37 » by playa-hater » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:50 am

I'm definitely one of the bigger Sam hauser fans on here.. But I am guessing that had to be his worst game since middle school... But I am not worried one bit.. I can't think of a single shooter ever that Didn't have an ice cold shooting game..

I also think Payton Pritchard would make a Good starter for some teams in the NBA if he needed to be. Very fortunate to have him coming off the bench.

Boston's Top priority should be closing out this regular season totally healthy.. Wins and losses at this point Don't mean anything to me..

Great victory regardless..
ROAD TO REPEAT !!!!
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 59,803

Post#38 » by Froob » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:51 am

Meaningless game, just giving bench guys some burn to see if they can close a game.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 3,013

Post#39 » by Jammer » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:55 am

The 4th quarter was brutal, worse than the 1rst 3 minutes. Went from up 22 to 1 up. Yikes. Celts went into game needing 117 point differential over the last 6 games to set the record for Best All Time Point Differential over a Regular Season. They sacrificed that, but gave some heavy minutes guys a breather for a change. Oh well ... On a night that Derrick White and Jaylen Brown were out, Jayson Tatum decided to take the day off (literally). Pritchard, Holiday, Kornet, Tillman, Horford, Mykhailiuk and Brissett played well. Sam Hauser had the worst game of his life, he'd probably do better at age 40 than his 1-18 performance but he kept firing bricks. I'm ready to nickname Hauser "Clang" after tonight. He couldn't even make the midrange. And when he tried to drive, he got snuffed out. Porzingis had a wonderful game but for some reason I feel that he could have done more.

An alternative view:

Pts + Rebounds + (0.5 x Assists) + Steals + (0.5 x Blocks) - Missed Field Goals - (0.5 x Missed Free Throws) - Turnovers - (0.5 x Fouls)

+29 Kristaps Porzingis 24 minutes

+15 Payton Pritchard 33 minutes
+13.5 Jrue Holiday 31 minutes
+12 Luke Kornet 18 minutes
+12 Xavier Tillman 19 minutes
+11.5 Jayson Tatum 33 minutes
+9.5 Al Horford 20 minutes

+6.5 Svi Mykhailiuk 12 minutes
+3 Oshae Brissett 7 minutes

-0.5 Jordan Walsh 6 minutes
-6 Sam Hauser 36 minutes
zoyathedestroya