ImageImageImage

Day 2: Doc Impressed by Patrick O'Bryant

Moderators: bisme37, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10

sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,735

Re: Day 2: Doc Impressed by Patrick O'Bryant 

Post#21 » by sully00 » Fri Oct 3, 2008 12:24 am

Except Giddens, none of the young guys, Pruitt, Powe, Davis, O'Bryant, and Walker have guaranteed contracts beyond this season. Beyond that Boston has no contractual motivation to develop Leon Powe anymore than Davis they both are in walk years. But most importantly this is the defending NBA champions there is no development mins for anyone.

While the team has to make a decision on that final roster spot it would seem to me odd that Boston would extend a contract to O'Bryant, a player who is perceived as talented but unable to claim mins in the NBA, and at the same time jettison Pruitt without really ever giving him that chance. It isn't like one position is more of a need than the other on this team.
Rocky5000
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Rocky5000 » Fri Oct 3, 2008 1:27 am

I disagree Sully, we have no backup center and 2 backup point guards. So it seems that O'Bryant is more important to the team unless we plan on using Davis as a center again. Pruitt plays the most difficult position to learn, and according to Doc, he still has a lot to learn. O'Bryant has all the tools to play backup center for 10 minutes a night, he only needs to learn the defensive rotations.
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,695

Post#23 » by ParticleMan » Fri Oct 3, 2008 1:33 am

I still think Cassell gets cut, signed on as a coach, and if there is some injury he re-signs and puts on a uniform.

or maybe i'm just hoping for that.

pruitt is fine as a 15th man/d-league player. there is no need to dump him for nothing.
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,818

Post#24 » by Gant » Fri Oct 3, 2008 1:59 am

Last week I thought if Miles holds up physically it was between Pruitt and Cassell for the last spot. But then I figured Pruitt had the inside track, now I'd lean towards the liklihood of Cassell making the team and Pruitt being left off.

There's a long way to go though, and they don't have to make a choice until they've evaluated everyone thoroughly.

Return to Boston Celtics