ImageImageImage

Potential Buyout Guys

Moderators: bisme37, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10

Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,307

Re: Potential Buyout Guys 

Post#241 » by Hal14 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 7:00 pm

31to6 wrote:Just for reference, the competition is Semi Ojeleye, who actually doesn’t do things on the basketball court.

Maybe Jabari could a) outplay him or b) motivate him to actually do some things.

I just can’t watch more of Semi not doing things it hurts

Agreed. Semi, Grant and Edwards need to go. Replace them with guys with actual NBA ability and we become deeper.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,324

Post#242 » by 31to6 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 9:17 pm

Is Gerald Green really on the market?
How can that homeboy keep shaking loose still?
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 92,529

Post#243 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Apr 9, 2021 9:17 pm

If Semi is waived, 29 other teams will line up to sign him. Europe and Asia alone have dozens of bball teams.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#244 » by TheOGJabroni » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:25 pm

Read on Twitter

I mean he's likely full of **** but I can't not bring it up.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,777

Post#245 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:59 pm

TheOGJabroni wrote:
Read on Twitter

I can't imagine the Celtics are interested. Even if it was true I think they would have to cut someone and they're not doing that for Thomas.

Next stop is probably the big 3 league.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 64,069

Post#246 » by Celts17Pride » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:51 pm

Actually if IT is going to find a new home I would think Denver would have to be in consideration.
LoquaciousLarry
Sophomore
And1: 190

Post#247 » by LoquaciousLarry » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:15 pm

He's not a buyout guy, but I always liked Shane Larkin when he was here. Wouldn't mind having him on the roster.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#248 » by Ernest » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:35 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
TheOGJabroni wrote:
Read on Twitter

I can't imagine the Celtics are interested. Even if it was true I think they would have to cut someone and they're not doing that for Thomas.

I'm trying to do the mental gymnastics to make him coming back to Boston make sense. It would at the very least be a nice gesture. BUT you'd have to cut someone.

Waters and Tacko don't count right?

The only way I could see it making any sense was if we cut someone in the last year of their deal that we don't want to lose and they have a back up plan. SO basically, if some team wants to play Kornet and we don't we could cut him.

Getting IT back would feel like when we got Walker back, remember that? #88
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#249 » by sully00 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:04 pm

Ernest wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
TheOGJabroni wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm trying to do the mental gymnastics to make him coming back to Boston make sense. It would at the very least be a nice gesture. BUT you'd have to cut someone.

The only way I could see it making any sense was if we cut someone in the last year of their deal that we don't want to lose and they have a back up plan. SO basically, if some team wants to play Kornet and we don't we could cut him.

Javonte Green has no purpose on this team anymore with Langford healthy and Nesmith with some mins under him. The one thing IT could do is take the sting out of sitting Walker and to an extent Tatum and Brown down the stretch. The little guy can still get up shots that is for sure. Probably not going to happen though.
Ernest
Sixth Man

Post#250 » by Ernest » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:06 pm

sully00 wrote:
Ernest wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:

Javonte Green has no purpose on this team anymore with Langford healthy and Nesmith with some mins under him. The one thing IT could do is take the sting out of sitting Walker and to an extent Tatum and Brown down the stretch. The little guy can still get up shots that is for sure. Probably not going to happen though.

He's already not on the team. To cut a guy after trading him would just be too much.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,777

Post#251 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:28 pm

Ernest wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
TheOGJabroni wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah I do remember that. I know Danny wasn't a huge fan of Walker and I think he was brought back partly just to stir up some interest in the team. Even if he wasn't brought back for that reason Walker was still a capable player.

I am not even sure Thomas is a capable player at this point.
*Insert witty signature here.*
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#252 » by sully00 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:18 pm

Ernest wrote:
sully00 wrote:
Ernest wrote:

He's already not on the team. To cut a guy after trading him would just be too much.

No wonder I didn't think he had a role.
Ernest
Sixth Man

Post#253 » by Ernest » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:22 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Ernest wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:

Yeah I do remember that. I know Danny wasn't a huge fan of Walker and I think he was brought back partly just to stir up some interest in the team. Even if he wasn't brought back for that reason Walker was still a capable player.

I am not even sure Thomas is a capable player at this point.

I got that feeling too. We had already sucked for a long time, then got Pitino and sucked even harder. Ainge came in and blew up the first half way somewhat decent team we had had in what felt like 100 years. Fans didn't know his strategy yet. Felt like he was trying to buy some good will.

It was fun though.

I guess Walker had more in the tank at that point then IT does now? Right? He came back and started, IT wouldn't do that. But maybe just maybe IT could et everyone fired up like Walker did. that was the year we came back down like 40 in the 4th against the nets right?

I'm talking myself into this.

Kornet would have to be the guy. It's only him and Semi who are expiring and Semi knows the plays. So the question is: Is it too risky? Might we need Kornet? No right?

The only bad part would be when IT goes 1-10 shooting and gets booed at the Garden. Maybe its best just to keep the memory. Like how you don't really want to go look up all the girls you slept with in high school to see how fat and ugly they have become.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,247

Post#254 » by Bad-Thoma » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:32 pm

I'm not advocating bringing IT back but bringing him and Tacko in at the garden at the same time would be the ultimate Gino time move, all 300 people would go wild.

31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,324

Post#255 » by 31to6 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:32 am

Welcome to Boston, Jabari Parker.
You’re kind of fat but can score the ball — please do that a lot and easily!
Can be our small ball center — still one wing too many, but I like that we’re building the ability to surround the Js with other scorers.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#256 » by Bleeding Green » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:28 am

Anytime you can add a guy whose only ability is to score the ball at below league-average efficiency on high usage? You have to do it if he's a Mormon. It's literally in the charter. Hopefully this crew of LDSers finds a way around it and can force him into optimal shots. But based on how often garbage-tier players on this roster are allowed to shoot in the midrange, I am less than enthused. Half this dude's highlight reel is shots from the free throw line.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#257 » by ParticleMan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:33 am

LDS = low-defense scorer.
i think ainge sees a taller version of himself in parker. ainge turned himself into a decent defender tho, parker hasn't shown any inclination to do that. but there's no reason he can't be at least passable. maybe with the right coaching...
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#258 » by cloverleaf » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:27 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:Anytime you can add a guy whose only ability is to score the ball at below league-average efficiency on high usage? You have to do it if he's a Mormon. It's literally in the charter. Hopefully this crew of LDSers finds a way around it and can force him into optimal shots. But based on how often garbage-tier players on this roster are allowed to shoot in the midrange, I am less than enthused. Half this dude's highlight reel is shots from the free throw line.

Actually he's right at 100%, adjusted to the league, in TS% for his career, at .552--and at 101%, on a very small sample size, for the season. On the C's, only JB, RW and TF are above that for the season.

Return to Boston Celtics