ImageImageImage

Fire Danny Ainge

Moderators: bisme37, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10

BigTrade92
General Manager
And1: 10,685

Re: Fire Danny Ainge 

Post#281 » by BigTrade92 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:22 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
Ainge had no assets other than Pierce and Walker when he first started, and he had a title within 5 years. Tore it down to the studs in 2013, had the team back to the ECF within 4 years. We were one Gordon Hayward injury and a sane Kyrie Irving away from Anthony Davis.

But go ahead and think Ainge did a bad job.

I think Ainge did a commendable job up until 2017.

But you can’t swing and miss on Paul George, and especially Kawhi Leonard (by refusing to deal Brown and Rozier, good god :nonono:) and let your “star” in Wackjob Kyrie walk away for NADA and still be in good graces.

He’s had a hell of a run here. There’s no debating that. But the time has come for a change. I don’t think I’m wrong in suggesting that, especially with his health issues.

We ain’t winning **** with PG.He has sucked the last 2 postseasons and got bounced in the first round. Not trading for sucks but we didn’t do it because Ainge wanted AD. Before the season we didn’t know everything would turn to ****. Like literally everything against our way in the last season. That’s **** luck. It’s pretty simple we traded for the wrong star at the time we didn’t know it but considering what we gave up it’s a deal you make.

Paul George is a 1st team all NBAer, who’s stuck playing with a selfish shoot-first PG and a bad coach in a stacked, top heavy conference. Saying it’s “PG’s fault” is naïve.

Doesn’t change the fact that Ainge could’ve had him if he choose to. Sometimes it’s good to overpay, especially when you have so much you don’t know what to do with it.

In Leonard’s case, he could’ve been had for a ham sandwich. Easily one of the biggest swing and a misses I’ve ever seen. How one could value Brown, Rozier and a few picks over Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard is insane, questionable injury and rental possibility be damned. Kawhi could’ve been had and Ainge overvalued two ham and eggers. Horrific GMing.
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Post#282 » by OldCeltics » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:24 pm

All reports say we could have had Khawai for Brown. Only a moron doesn't trade Brown and picks for top 5 player in NBA. Ainge has lost his mind.

Fire his incompetent ass.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,398

Post#283 » by chrisab123 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:24 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:However, he does need to answer on why did he pass up deals for Paul George and Kawhi with the goal of saving his assets for AD then not achieving his goal.

And you know this how? Maybe the other teams were asking for more than was reasonable to deal for certain players, don't you think?

Its been leaked out that he passed on giving up Jaylen to the Spurs recently. Sometimes you need to go for it.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,874

Post#284 » by Froob » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:26 pm

BigTrade92 wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:I think Ainge did a commendable job up until 2017.

But you can’t swing and miss on Paul George, and especially Kawhi Leonard (by refusing to deal Brown and Rozier, good god :nonono:) and let your “star” in Wackjob Kyrie walk away for NADA and still be in good graces.

He’s had a hell of a run here. There’s no debating that. But the time has come for a change. I don’t think I’m wrong in suggesting that, especially with his health issues.

We ain’t winning **** with PG.He has sucked the last 2 postseasons and got bounced in the first round. Not trading for sucks but we didn’t do it because Ainge wanted AD. Before the season we didn’t know everything would turn to ****. Like literally everything against our way in the last season. That’s **** luck. It’s pretty simple we traded for the wrong star at the time we didn’t know it but considering what we gave up it’s a deal you make.

Paul George is a 1st team all NBAer, who’s stuck playing with a selfish shoot-first PG and a bad coach in a stacked, top heavy conference. Saying it’s “PG’s fault” is naïve.

Doesn’t change the fact that Ainge could’ve had him if he choose to. Sometimes it’s good to overpay, especially when you have so much you don’t know what to do with it.

In Leonard’s case, he could’ve been had for a ham sandwich. Easily one of the biggest swing and a misses I’ve ever seen. How one could value Brown, Rozier and a few picks over Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard, questionable injury and rental possibility be damned.

Kawhi was a miss for sure, but it wasn’t a popular opinion at the time to do a major shakeup to the roster. Looks real bad now to not give up Jaylen and Smart but Kawhi may have fled anyways. Probably something to learn from that. Should have been more honest with that team’s potential.

I’ll always believe the Pacers weren’t serious about making a deal with Cavs and Celtics.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,275

Post#285 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:26 pm

BigTrade92 wrote:In Leonard’s case, he could’ve been had for a ham sandwich. Easily one of the biggest swing and a misses I’ve ever seen. How one could value Brown, Rozier and a few picks over Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard, questionable injury and rental possibility be damned.

Had Ainge traded for Kawhi for that package and he came back hobbled or left after one year, you'd be all for firing Ainge too. But hey, in hindsight you make a great point.
chrisab123
RealGM

Post#286 » by chrisab123 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:27 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:
fallguy wrote:
Terrible take. Devoid of context. And understanding of how hard it is to win titles.

I don't feel Ainge should be canned. What you're saying is true about context. However, he does need to answer on why did he pass up deals for Paul George and Kawhi with the goal of saving his assets for AD then not achieving his goal. Not saying they should have outbid the lakers but he did essentially sacrifice this season so he could try to have his cake and eat it too.

Ainge didn't pass up a deal on George though. He had one agreed to but, Pritchard backed out and took the better deal (AB, Crowder, 3 picks <<< Oladipo, Sabonis).

Depends who you ask. All accounts mentioned that none of those three picks were Brooklyn picks. So yes he was trying to get PG on a steal. Never heard that they had an agreement in place and then the GM backed out.
chrisab123
RealGM

Post#287 » by chrisab123 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:28 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:In Leonard’s case, he could’ve been had for a ham sandwich. Easily one of the biggest swing and a misses I’ve ever seen. How one could value Brown, Rozier and a few picks over Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard, questionable injury and rental possibility be damned.

Had Ainge traded for Kawhi for that package and he came back hobbled or left after one year, you'd be all for firing Ainge too. But hey, in hindsight you make a great point.

Or they could have won the title against a hobbled GSW. But yes lets stick with your narrative. Not taking a risk on Kawhi for Brown and whoever for a 1 year chance to win a title is really inexcusable.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#288 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:29 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:

Or they could have won the title against a hobbled GSW. But yes lets stick with your narrative.

I love hindsight too. It makes me feel like I know everything about everything. Life is easy.
BigTrade92
General Manager

Post#289 » by BigTrade92 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:29 pm

Froob wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:

In Leonard’s case, he could’ve been had for a ham sandwich. Easily one of the biggest swing and a misses I’ve ever seen. How one could value Brown, Rozier and a few picks over Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard, questionable injury and rental possibility be damned.

Kawhi was a miss for sure, but it wasn’t a popular opinion at the time to do a major shakeup to the roster. Looks real bad now to not give up Jaylen and Smart but Kawhi may have fled anyways. Probably something to learn from that. Should have been more honest with that team’s potential.

I’ll always believe the Pacers weren’t serious about making a deal with Cavs and Celtics.

Sorry but the Kawhi deal was THE DEAL you saved all the chips for. To not go for it was insanity and looks even worse now.

PG could’ve been had, but the reports were that we would’ve had to overpay. And guess what....it wouldn’t have been a bad thing, considering we still have some of those assets and they aren’t worth jacksh*t now.

Ainge has overplayed his hand for a few years now and it’s bitten him. He had such a hard on for AD it fogged everything around him and in the end, AD made him his b*tch and played him like a fiddle.
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 11,106

Post#290 » by CelticsPride18 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:30 pm

If AD changed agents before the Kawhi trade I think he would have made a move for Kawhi. AD signing with Rich Paul really hurt us because AD was Ainge target and Kyrie turning into a diva in the reg season put the nail in the coffin.
BigTrade92
General Manager

Post#291 » by BigTrade92 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:30 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:

So in the end, Ainge deserves to be fired no matter what?
chrisab123
RealGM

Post#292 » by chrisab123 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:33 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:Had Ainge traded for Kawhi for that package and he came back hobbled or left after one year, you'd be all for firing Ainge too. But hey, in hindsight you make a great point.

Or they could have won the title against a hobbled GSW. But yes lets stick with your narrative.

I love hindsight too. I makes me feel like I know everything about everything. Life is easy.

I wanted them to make that move last year too. Nothing to do with hindsight. Kawhi Leonard is a top player. Toronto had the balls to take advantage of the situation and won. Danny did not. You keep these assets to get a top player and when one becomes available you balk at the price because of keeping assets for AD? It doesn't make any sense. Im not sure how you can sit here and actually defend not trading for Kawhi. Unless you just want the homegrown title contender of course which almost never happens...

Would you trade Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier for a 1 year chance to win a title and potentially keep your core of Kyrie Tatum etc intact?
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#293 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:35 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:

I love hindsight too. I makes me feel like I know everything about everything. Life is easy.

I wanted them to make that move last year too. Nothing to do with hindsight. Kawhi Leonard is a top player. Toronto had the balls to take advantage of the situation and won. Danny did not. You keep these assets to get a top player and when one becomes available you balk at the price because of keeping assets for AD? It doesn't make any sense. Im not sure how you can sit here and actually defend not trading for Kawhi. Unless you just want the homegrown title contender of course which almost never happens...

I'm going to say this again: HOW ON EARTH DO YOU KNOW THAT? Please explain with believable sources, or do the whole forum a favour and stop your whining.
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 11,106

Post#294 » by CelticsPride18 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:36 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:

Would you trade Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier for a 1 year chance to win a title and potentially keep your core of Kyrie Tatum etc intact?

They traded Derozan and Poelt for Kawhi. That’s not a **** risk.
chrisab123
RealGM

Post#295 » by chrisab123 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:36 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:If AD changed agents before the Kawhi trade I think he would have made a move for Kawhi. AD signing with Rich Paul really hurt us because AD was Ainge target and Kyrie turning into a diva in the reg season put the nail in the coffin.

I agree with this. But this is why you don't plan on getting one player 3 years out. Gone are the days where Red planned on getting player X for years. Too many moving pieces behind the scene. Kawhi was unexpected and you needed to pull the trigger even if it means him going to the Clippers. They make that trade and the team is getting sized for rings right now.
CSL_1904
Veteran
And1: 3,479

Post#296 » by CSL_1904 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:37 pm

He did well in the Nets trade but didn't use the assets properly. Lost countless opportunities to aquire stars via trade, couldn't draft a star with the multiple lottery picks he had, and couldn't even draft a decent role player (nevermind a star) outside of the lottery, someting that pretty much every team in the league has been able to do in that period.

He shouldn't keep his job.
chrisab123
RealGM

Post#297 » by chrisab123 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:37 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:I love hindsight too. I makes me feel like I know everything about everything. Life is easy.

I'm going to say this again: HOW ON EARTH DO YOU KNOW THAT? Please explain with believable sources, or do the whole forum a favour and stop your whining.

EVERY SINGLE SOURCE HAS QUOTED THAT AD WAS THE WHITE WHALE. See I can speak in all caps to get my point across too.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#298 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:38 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:

EVERY SINGLE SOURCE HAS QUOTED THAT AD WAS THE WHITE WHALE. See I can speak in all caps to get my point across too.

I don't think you answered my question. But that's fine, I didn't expect you to.
chrisab123
RealGM

Post#299 » by chrisab123 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:39 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:I love hindsight too. I makes me feel like I know everything about everything. Life is easy.

They traded Derozan and Poelt for Kawhi. That’s not a **** risk.

Derozen is still a good player but yeah its not a risk. Neither is trading Jaylen and Rozier for a top 5 player who was only available because his feelings were hurt. He was the ultimate rental.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,535

Post#300 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:40 pm

JR Hawks wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:I wonder why a team like Phoenix didn't trade Booker or Ayton for Davis..or why Denver didn't offer Murray and 5 picks..or why Philly didn't offer Simmons and 4:picks...

Oh yeah. Because teams are not **** stupid. LA paid full value for AD because he is 100% coming back. Why is it so hard to understand why we didn't trade our biggest trade pieces for the guy? Like why?

WOW.

Probably because Simmons, Booker, Ayton are way better players that Tatum and Brown.

Lmao if you say it it must be true.

Idk what it is about that grass on the other side though..people love it.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!

Return to Boston Celtics