ImageImageImage

I guess we're doing it the hard way again! NBA Finals Game 4 Loss 6/10 (TIED 2-2)

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 7,026

Re: I guess we're doing it the hard way again! NBA Finals Game 4 Loss 6/10 (TIED 2-2) 

Post#281 » by The Corey's » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:20 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:I'm not bothered by this Game 4 loss because it's only 1 loss.

What bothers me is how the Celts lost.

The Celtic players look broken.

We lost a game where we went cold in the final 3 minutes and the greatest shooter of all time made a few..

Not sure why that makes us broken.

05:17*
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,989

Re: I guess we're doing it the hard way again! NBA Finals Game 4 Loss 6/10 (TIED 2-2) 

Post#282 » by Fierce1 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:25 am

It's like the Cs quit in the last 3 minutes.
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,672

Post#283 » by Tyakack » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:25 am

How many times has a superstar played in the finals and not had ONE superstar type performance game? Because that is jayson right now. It's kind of remarkable we even have 2 wins with how garbage he's been all series. I actually think he played pretty good in game 1 but he still shot terribly. I read a stat that he is shooting something like 27% on 2's?! HOLY S***. Forget superstar, that's role player %. A bad role player at that.

We are literally 4 games into the finals and he hasn't had a single superstar type game. Let that sink in. Not....One. If we lose this series it's on him. We can't beat the warriors with our superstar not playing like one while theirs is going nuts.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#284 » by Fierce1 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:28 am

Tyakack wrote:How many times has a superstar played in the finals and not had ONE superstar type performance game? Because that is jayson right now. It's kind of remarkable we even have 2 wins with how garbage he's been all series. I actually think he played pretty good in game 1 but he still shot terribly. I read a stat that he is shooting something like 27% on 2's?! HOLY S***. Forget superstar, that's role player %. A bad role player at that.

We are literally 4 games into the finals and he hasn't had a single superstar type game. Let that sink in. Not....One. If we lose this series it's on him. We can't beat the warriors with our superstar not playing like one while theirs is going nuts.

Sad but true.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,739

Post#285 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:32 am

Man. Idk if we will pull this out or not, but I feel like a couple of you don't deserve to feel good about it if we do.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,739

Post#286 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:36 am

Fierce1 wrote:It's like the Cs quit in the last 3 minutes.

Game 2 they looked like they quit in the last 3 minutes of the third.

Had no impact in game 3.

Nothing to see here.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 7,026

Post#287 » by The Corey's » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:37 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:Man. Idk if we will pull this out or not, but I feel like a couple of you don't deserve to feel good about it if we do.

You're better than gatekeeping.

Leave that to the ****.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#288 » by Fierce1 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:39 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:It's like the Cs quit in the last 3 minutes.

Game 2 they looked like they quit in the last 3 minutes of the third.

Had no impact in game 3.

Nothing to see here.

I really hope you're right because I really want the Celts to win a championship now.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#289 » by BostonCouchGM » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:21 am

we scored 6 points in the last 7 minutes. Think about that for a second. That's a combination of terrible coaching, poor decisions and cold shooting. But it's the law of averages. If we didn't get historically hot in Game 1 in the 4th quarter we lose Game 1. So it all averages out. When Smart is hitting his wide open threes we usually win. When he bricked two in crunch time tonight we lose. The officiated was terrible. So one-sided in our favor as it has been pretty much the whole playoffs so I'm surprised we lost. But I said, we will only lose, with us having the refs on our side plus a severe talent advantage, if we are turnover prone or have a historically bad night shooting. Well, it wasn't historically bad but it was bad enough and combined with the turnovers you get what you got. I wouldn't really blame anyone much except maybe Ime. I have no idea why our guys sag on screens giving shooters space. It happened over and over again. Baffling.

Should the Warriors go on to win this series that was an all-time performance by Steph right up there with the greatest.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#290 » by BillessuR6 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:36 am

Props to the warriors and Curry. What a game by Steph.

We just need more from Tatum this won`t cut it...

We had a lot of open threes in the 4th but they did not go in. But I would like us to be more aggressive to finish at the rim and to go the three every time...
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,936

Post#291 » by Triple7 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:33 am

Tyakack wrote:How many times has a superstar played in the finals and not had ONE superstar type performance game? Because that is jayson right now. It's kind of remarkable we even have 2 wins with how garbage he's been all series. I actually think he played pretty good in game 1 but he still shot terribly. I read a stat that he is shooting something like 27% on 2's?! HOLY S***. Forget superstar, that's role player %. A bad role player at that.

Stop calling Tatum a superstar. He ain’t one yet! He got exposed in the Heat series, having meltdowns every other games. The warriors have one, but it shouldn’t matter because we have the 2nd and 3rd best player in the series. Personally i’m sick of seeing Tatum raise his hands in the air all the time, while missing wide open layups that a 10yr old kid would probably make. I tired of his constant whining and complaining. I thought he had the mentality to go toe for toe with Curry. All he does is complain and whine at the refs. I thought he was being selfish out there. JB got it going, and he got spooked by that. I don’t think he liked being outplayed by JB, and he wanted to get it going so bad, that it makes it even worse for himself. Then, when he knows his shot is off, he shrinks in the corner, and just won’t shoot at all. Of course he still have a chance to redeem himself, i just have a hard time believing he could do it. He has gotten worse every series, which is crazy. From being called a superstar the 1st two series, to being this. If he can’t be that scoring force for us, we don’t have a chance. So this is all on jayson!
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,378

Post#292 » by Red2 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:22 am

Shot selection was awful. Tatum continues to be ok but not grest. We need at least one big game from him to win this. And why not double tesm curry? Our D on him has been awful
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,378

Post#293 » by Red2 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:23 am

Another f’ing 4th qtr meltdown. Its so damn frustrating and tiresome. We never learn
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 26,211

Post#294 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:05 am

Active, athletic guys really mattered. Wiggins and Looney were the big +/- guys for them, Timelord for us.

Tatum was second in +/- ... and, contrary to narrative, he spent a lot of the game seriously hustling as well.

By the way, the point differential was fairly real. Warriors were up 7 before things got crazy with desperation offense, fouling, and so on.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 26,211

Post#295 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:08 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:we scored 6 points in the last 7 minutes. Think about that for a second. That's a combination of terrible coaching, poor decisions and cold shooting. But it's the law of averages. If we didn't get historically hot in Game 1 in the 4th quarter we lose Game 1. So it all averages out. When Smart is hitting his wide open threes we usually win. When he bricked two in crunch time tonight we lose. The officiated was terrible. So one-sided in our favor as it has been pretty much the whole playoffs so I'm surprised we lost. But I said, we will only lose, with us having the refs on our side plus a severe talent advantage, if we are turnover prone or have a historically bad night shooting. Well, it wasn't historically bad but it was bad enough and combined with the turnovers you get what you got. I wouldn't really blame anyone much except maybe Ime. I have no idea why our guys sag on screens giving shooters space. It happened over and over again. Baffling.

Should the Warriors go on to win this series that was an all-time performance by Steph right up there with the greatest.

This refereeing trolling shtick has gotten really annoying.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
jonige94
Pro Prospect
And1: 640

Post#296 » by jonige94 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:40 am

We're gonna waste a golden chance to become champions, arent we?

We're gonna need a significant roster improvement if we ever want to be in this position again, imo.
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,422

Post#297 » by tlee324 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:49 am

Tatum doesn't have that killer mentality on the court. Passive personalities can still be great too, like a Tim Duncan, but even Timmy stepped in and had those takeover moments. Tatum needs to know it's his team and his time, and not be afraid of it.
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,901

Post#298 » by Jammer » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:57 am

The Celtics lost this game in the first half, when they should have had a 15 point lead or more, because they were sloppy with the ball giving Golden State plenty of easy baskets. Then they were STILL sloppy with the ball at the start of the second half

Tatum, Brown and Smart make too many ill conceived passes and too many lazy passes. You could make a Highlight Reel of the All-Time Dumbest passes in the history of the league just using Tatum, Brown and Smart's body of work to date.

Tatum and Brown don't properly protect the ball when they dribble leading to strips, and are stubborn (or simply too slow to recognize) way too often to get rid of the ball when in traffic or the defense is closing down on them.

Tatum missed way too many shots that he didn't properly finish. Some lame drives where Tatum seemed more interested in drawing a foul than making the shot so the Celtics ended up with a wasted opportunity...

This game typifies why some of us have argued for a natural scoring (high efficiency shooter) guard who can defend as an upgrade to Smart or White.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,842

Post#299 » by floppymoose » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:31 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

This was the 2020 Celtics. Old habits die hard.

Hi guys, I come in peace. I just wanted to say that this is a theme that is repeated pretty much every year GSW is in the playoffs. Teams try to target Curry (or maybe some other matchup like Poole), and GS knows it's coming. This predictability in the opponents offense plays to GS's advantage. I think teams need to run their offense organically against GS and take the best opportunity given. Sometimes you will end up with a mismatch you can capitalize on. When you do, it will be because you put real stress on the defense first and put them in scramble mode.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,687

Post#300 » by GrandTheftRondo » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:34 am

floppymoose wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

This was the 2020 Celtics. Old habits die hard.

Hi guys, I come in peace. I just wanted to say that this is a theme that is repeated pretty much every year GSW is in the playoffs. Teams try to target Curry (or maybe some other matchup like Poole), and GS knows it's coming. This predictability in the opponents offense plays to GS's advantage. I think teams need to run their offense organically against GS and take the best opportunity given. Sometimes you will end up with a mismatch you can capitalize on. When you do, it will be because you put real stress on the defense first and put them in scramble mode.

Yes which is what they did in game 1 and in parts of game 3.

Tatum and co have had a few issues with doing this all playoffs. In the Miami series they got obsessed in a couple of games with getting mismatches on switches and the offensive flow went to hell.

Return to Boston Celtics