ImageImageImage

Hause it going to go with Hauser

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,190

Re: Hause it going to go with Hauser – Signed to 3yrs w/Celtics 

Post#341 » by 165bows » Thu Jul 6, 2023 3:43 pm

brackdan70 wrote:Hauser is interesting this year. Is he a cog in the rotation or not? With Grant gone…assuming no other moves and that he broke into the rotation for a decent period last season it seems like maybe he is the 8th guy. That said does Brissett maybe jump ahead of him as a better defender and more versatile player? Does Hausers shooting and floor spacing abilities make the team better? I’d personally like to see the Cs use 9 guys regularly in the regular season.
Wild card might Walsh to bounce ahead of Hauser given the chance. He has fundamentals and instincts.

100%. Hauser was 6th in the league in made 3PTs per 100 possessions last year on great efficiency.

Front office wants this guy out there.

Thompson, Lillard, Hield, Joe and Beasley the guys ahead of him. Terence Davis at 7th fwiw in terms of how the front office looks at guys lol.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#342 » by cloverleaf » Thu Jul 6, 2023 4:06 pm

Oh, also, so far the C's still have one slow and one poor thinker at the top of their roster. They need to surround those two with heady players and Hauser, like White, Porzi, Rob when his head is right, Brogdon, and Al other than in crunchtime are all smart players.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 96,999

Post#343 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Jul 7, 2023 9:03 am

Grant 2nd year vs. Sam 2nd year:

Grant last year vs. Sam last year:

Sam can take over Grant's role (at least on offense). Give him a shot. Let his confidence grow.
steefP2
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,725

Post#344 » by steefP2 » Fri Jul 7, 2023 9:36 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:Grant 2nd year vs. Sam 2nd year:

Grant last year vs. Sam last year:

Sam can take over Grant's role (at least on offense). Give him a shot. Let his confidence grow.

Yup, reality is the team is shifting away from our switch all uber versatile defensive system that grant did really well in under udoka. Last year was already a transition year in terms of defensive system; horford’s decline made that necessary. Shifting to Porzingis and sending out smart made that even more clear. Now hauser and even Pritchard will have more opportunity since they’ll always have a rim protector behind them. Of course offensively, it’s no question who’s the better player. He should be getting 20 min a night and if all goes well, similar in the playoffs though that’s yet to be seen. Either way he’s a perfectly fine 8th man.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 26,631

Post#345 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Jul 7, 2023 12:09 pm

Hal14 wrote:

When I watch these clips, a few things stand out.

-Our spacing is awesome. Look how open the middle is. So much room for guys like Tatum/Brogdon to create. Or room to run a PnR with Rob used as a lob threat. Or, this season - running PnR with Porzingis (having roll to basket or pop out to 3 for pick N pop.

-Hauser with good cutting. Knows how to move without the ball, relocate to the open spots on the floor where he can not only be open for a shot but also where he can give his teammate a clean angle to pass him the ball

-Hauser moves the ball so quick, it doesn't stick to his hands so it keeps the offense flowing smoothly. Meanwhile, opposing teams often try to hunt him on switches, which takes them out of their offensive rhythm and usually they don't even score when they try to attack Hauser.

-It's such a weapon to have Hauser's shooting ability on the floor. Him taking open 3's is basically like a layup for a lot of NBA players. And these shots by Hauser are worth 3 points - not 2!

Give him at least 20 MPG this season.

That Toronto game was one of the most entertaining of the season.

And you know who didn't play? Jaylen, Malcolm, Marcus and Grant. ;)

Seriously -- Hauser basically started at SG, and played the most minutes of anybody on the team.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401469361
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 6,010

Post#346 » by shackles10 » Fri Jul 7, 2023 3:07 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:That Toronto game was one of the most entertaining of the season.

And you know who didn't play? Jaylen, Malcolm, Marcus and Grant. ;)

Seriously -- Hauser basically started at SG, and played the most minutes of anybody on the team.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401469361

I remember I only got to watch the first half of this game live and listened to the second half in the car while my son and I drove to a high school basketball game and picked up some late dinner. I let him keep my phone and hearing him freaking out in the backseat was as exciting as the announcers call of the game. Wasn't nearly as exciting watching it on the replay later of course, but definitely was one of the more entertaining games of the season I agree!
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#347 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:33 am

Read on Twitter

I will pay good money to watch the training camp battle between Hauser and Walsh.
Smart2Nesmith43
Sixth Man
And1: 4,573

Post#348 » by Smart2Nesmith43 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:57 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

I will pay good money to watch the training camp battle between Hauser and Walsh.

They are competing for the same minutes to a large extent so it's unlikely that we'll see both on the floor at the same time but I'm curious to see how they work as a duo.

Like a Brogdon-Hauser-Walsh-Tatum-Timelord line up makes a lot of sense to me. Two knock down shooters and a vertical threat to space the floor and a guy that can take the tough defensive assignment to relieve the defensive pressure on the star player. It's pretty switchable too. That also let's you run a Pritchard-White-Brown-Porzingis-Horford combo to mitigate Brown's shaky decision making with great spacing, multiple ball handlers and smart passers.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#349 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:37 pm

Read on Twitter
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#350 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:16 am

Read on Twitter

I think he’s a better defender than Duncan Robinson but D-Rob’s ability to put the ball on the floor and make plays off that makes him more of an offensive threat for the Heat. Hope Hauser’s working on his game this summer. He has room to grow imo.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,190

Post#351 » by 165bows » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:09 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think he’s a better defender than Duncan Robinson but D-Rob’s ability to put the ball on the floor and make plays off that makes him more of an offensive threat for the Heat. Hope Hauser’s working on his game this summer. He has room to grow imo.

Folks might remember last year in summer league he was talking all about that - but his focus seemed more on dribble drives and self creation. Smaller chunks of expanding his game like this might be a more effective method.

That said I don’t think he even really needs that to be highly effective for this team with the number of other scoring threats they will have. Last year he was sixth league wide in made threes per 100 possessions on very good efficiency including two months of very bad slumping. Get him out there and let him shoot imo.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#352 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:48 am

Read on Twitter

Play him.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#353 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Aug 1, 2023 3:13 pm

Read on Twitter
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,735

Post#354 » by 31to6 » Tue Aug 1, 2023 4:02 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can they redo the Kobe/Jalen “81” ad and have Hauser ask for a vodka martini with 26 olives in it while staring down both Brissette and Banton?
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
31to6
RealGM

Post#355 » by 31to6 » Tue Aug 1, 2023 4:10 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can they redo the Kobe/Jalen “81” ad and have Hauser ask for a vodka martini with 26 olives in it while staring down both Brissette and Banton?
31to6
RealGM

Post#356 » by 31to6 » Tue Aug 1, 2023 4:11 pm

DAMN RIGHT IMMA POST THAT AS MANY TIMES AS I WANT TO I GUESS sorry boys and Shak
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#357 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Aug 2, 2023 2:49 pm

Read on Twitter

Play him more.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#358 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Aug 7, 2023 2:16 am

Read on Twitter
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 26,631

Post#359 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Aug 7, 2023 10:42 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

She looks tall too, and with long arms.

Their kids could be quite something.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#360 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:38 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Boston Celtics