ImageImageImage

What will Jayson Tatum become...

Moderators: bisme37, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10

Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 26,040

Re: What will Jayson Tatum become... 

Post#361 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:33 am

cloverleaf wrote:
Triple7 wrote:If he continues to improve, possible all star this year or the next. definitely the future franchise player. really excited to see him develop

Al says Tatum is the one guy who clearly has improved most over the summer. So look out!

If that's really accurate ... yeah, he could immediately rise to all-star levels or better.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,564

Post#362 » by K For Three » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:50 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
Triple7 wrote:If he continues to improve, possible all star this year or the next. definitely the future franchise player. really excited to see him develop

Al says Tatum is the one guy who clearly has improved most over the summer. So look out!

If that's really accurate ... yeah, he could immediately rise to all-star levels or better.

Al's interview is right here.

https://streamable.com/ruqku

He said Kyrie, Tatum and Brown looked to take the biggest offseason leaps to him. If true......could be looking at a VERY special season if those 3 all become a lot better, wow!!!
thelarrybirdx
Starter
And1: 1,962

Post#363 » by thelarrybirdx » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:59 am

Kyrie For Three wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

He said Kyrie, Tatum and Brown looked to take the biggest offseason leaps to him. If true......could be looking at a VERY special season if those 3 all become a lot better, wow!!!

Pretty obvious answers lol
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#364 » by cloverleaf » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:31 am

thelarrybirdx wrote:
Kyrie For Three wrote:

Pretty obvious answers lol

I am pretty sure that is a later, more-PC response that Al gave. The one I saw had him answering Tatum first and only.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#365 » by cloverleaf » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:36 am

cloverleaf wrote:
Thanks. Good survey. Doesn't support your policy of endless swipes at Jaylen, but interesting for its own sake.

Want another correlation? Women with high testosterone tend to be good with logic, math, etc.--whereas men with low testosterone tend to do better than high testosterone guys. (E.g., men in physics are famous for low T.) That helps to explain why the "dumb jocks" stereotype tends to hold for men, whereas female athletes also tend to be academic achievers.

I know a lot of mathematically adept women -- a former head of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, an Ivy League math professor, etc. -- or at least knew them back when they were grad students. None was particularly adept athletically. Some of the guys were, however.

The sharpest female techies I know don't seem to be jock(ette)s either, although in those cases my ability to judge is less reliable.

Once again, that is not what I was saying.

But the high and low testosterone data is pretty well established.
Bar Fight
RealGM
And1: 16,136

Post#366 » by Bar Fight » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:13 pm

Someone needs to tell him to chill with the long twos with a hand in his face. He should be using his handle to get to the bucket instead of creating some space for a tough midranger IMO. Rebounding has been impressive so far. Once the threes start falling he should be a reliable go-to option this season with an outside shot at an all star appearance this year.

Return to Boston Celtics