ImageImageImage

Trade thread

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Re: Trade thread 

Post#361 » by CeltsfaninDC » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:00 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:Fultz is better than Rozier right now so I would do that trade

Just sayin.......

If he’s being mocked at football games I’m not sure you can really claim he’s better than anyone
Silky
Junior
And1: 144

Post#362 » by Silky » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:01 pm

Washington gets Horford, Brown, Yabusele, Mozgov
gives: Beal, Porter Jr, Satoransky

Washington shed long term salary commitments, remains competetive.

Orlando Gets: CJ McCollum, Terry Rozier, Evan Turner
gives: Vucevic, Fournier, Mozgov

Orlando upgrades scoring dramatically and save long term salary.

Portland gets: Porter Jr, Fournier
gives: McCollum, Gary Trent Jr.

Portland saves a little money and rebalance roster with a signifcant SF upgrade with only a slight SG downgrade. Fournier and Porter will play great off Dame.

Boston gets: Beal, Vucevic, Trent Jr.
gives: Brown, Horford, terry, Yabusele

Boston consolidates and defines team roles. the Jrs add continued youth/depth while Beal and Vuc upgrade starters.

Irving/Smart/Wannamaker
Beal/satoransky/trentjr/Bird
Hayward/Morris/Semi
Tatum/Theis
Vucevic/Baynes/Williams
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach

Post#363 » by CeltsfaninDC » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:04 pm

Silky wrote:Washington gets Horford, Brown, Yabusele, Mozgov

Portland saves a little money and rebalance roster with a signifcant SF upgrade with only a slight SG downgrade. Fournier and Porter will play great off Dame.

Boston consolidates and defines team roles. the Jrs add continued youth/depth while Beal and Vuc upgrade starters.

Irving/Smart/Wannamaker
Beal/trent Jr/Bird
Hayward/Morris/Semi
Tatum/Theis
Vucevic/Baynes/Williams

Don’t sleep on Satoransky. He can play and would be a good TR replacement if you include him.
Silky
Junior

Post#364 » by Silky » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:09 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:

Irving/Smart/Wannamaker
Beal/trent Jr/Bird
Hayward/Morris/Semi
Tatum/Theis
Vucevic/Baynes/Williams

Don’t sleep on Satoransky. He can play and would be a good TR replacement if you include him.
I do like Sat. He is a good bench player imo. Give him a system and he will produce consistantly.

Sent from my LG-H831 using RealGM mobile app
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach

Post#365 » by CeltsfaninDC » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:10 pm

Silky wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:

Irving/Smart/Wannamaker
Beal/trent Jr/Bird
Hayward/Morris/Semi
Tatum/Theis
Vucevic/Baynes/Williams

I do like Sat. He is a good bench player imo. Give him a system and he will produce consistantly.

But you left him out of going anywhere..... do they waive him in you scenario? Send him to the Cs
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,924

Post#366 » by NuckyPowell » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:12 pm

Dannyboy36 wrote:I think Kyrie is gonna be the one to go. I just don’t see Danny giving him a max for 5 years unless he believes We have a chance at knocking of GS. I think despite him a phenomemal one on one player, he’ll be traded.

That wouldn't be a popular idea, but I don't think it's a crazy one, especially if we're still playing badly by January. It might not be about talent. Kyrie has all the talent in the world. It might be about style, and how it affects other players on the team. Kyrie is awesome, but he's all about the 1 on 1. Maybe that style is just bad for the team and negatively affects team ball. I don't know. I suspect if we right this thing and go on a decent win streak, all this will become moot. But if we don't...
Silky
Junior

Post#367 » by Silky » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:14 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:
Silky wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:

But you left him out of going anywhere..... do they waive him in you scenario? Send him to the Cs
Yeah. He should be on the cs. Lol.

MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#368 » by MrPerfect1 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:54 pm

Irving/Smart/Wannamaker
Hayward/Morris/Semi
Tatum/Theis
Vucevic/Baynes/Williams

This trade would be awful for both Wash and Por. Wash isn't trading Beal if the best asset they are getting back is only Brown. They would be demanding McCollum as the primary piece in the trade if these teams were involved.

The trade is terrible for Por too. Fournier is more than a small downgrade and Porter could be argued to have negative value due his massive contract. Por would be looking for Beal not Porter Jr if they were trading a major piece like Mccollum.
Silky
Junior

Post#369 » by Silky » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:13 pm

MrPerfect1 wrote:

Irving/Smart/Wannamaker
Hayward/Morris/Semi
Tatum/Theis
Vucevic/Baynes/Williams

This trade would be awful for both Wash and Por. Wash isn't trading Beal if the best asset they are getting back is only Brown. They would be demanding McCollum as the primary piece in the trade if these teams were involved.

The trade is terrible for Por too. Fournier is more than a small downgrade and Porter could be argued to have negative value due his massive contract. Por would be looking for Beal not Porter Jr if they were trading a major piece like Mccollum.

celtics add picks then, :)
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#370 » by Dannyboy36 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:31 pm

NuckyPowell wrote:
Dannyboy36 wrote:I think Kyrie is gonna be the one to go. I just don’t see Danny giving him a max for 5 years unless he believes We have a chance at knocking of GS. I think despite him a phenomemal one on one player, he’ll be traded.

That wouldn't be a popular idea, but I don't think it's a crazy one, especially if we're still playing badly by January. It might not be about talent. Kyrie has all the talent in the world. It might be about style, and how it affects other players on the team. Kyrie is awesome, but he's all about the 1 on 1. Maybe that style is just bad for the team and negatively affects team ball. I don't know. I suspect if we right this thing and go on a decent win streak, all this will become moot. But if we don't...

I just don’t know how many cents on the dollar you can get for trading Kyrie away if we still look nowhere near the contender we were predicted to be by the end of January. I wonder if they end up with say an Aaron Gordon level talent. Gordon and a pick kind of trade? For me this would have to do with some concern he’d want to comeback to a team that was disappointing, and his knee surgeries. I think a good coach should be able to figure out having too much talent.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 64,513

Post#371 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:43 pm

Phoenix wants Rozier, how about after Dec 15th

Bos: Rozier, Ojeleye, Yabusele, Bird, LAC 1st
Suns: Jackson, Daniels and Melton
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,412

Post#372 » by djFan71 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:50 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:Phoenix wants Rozier, how about after Dec 15th

Bos: Rozier, Ojeleye, Yabusele, Bird, LAC 1st
Suns: Jackson, Daniels and Melton

I haven't watched them other than our game, so I'm genuinely asking - do we think Jackson is any good? I'm not so sure PHO does. They're already playing Bridges more than him. Maybe they should be sending us a pick. (And then we could even leave Semi/Yabs & Jackson out of it)
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#373 » by jmr07019 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:59 pm

djFan71 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:One guy I would love to get is Isaac from the magic. Very good defender, low usage player, would give us some much needed depth up front and he can stretch the floor (kind of, its a work in progress, but stroke looks decent enough). I also dont think Bamba, Isaac, Gordon works together long term. Not enough offense between the 3 of them. Rozier and Sac pick for Isaac? It's kind of a lot I think it would balance the team a lot. Put Isaac in the starting lineup for Brown.

Kyrie - Hayward - Tatum - Isaac - Horford
Smart - Brown - Morris - Theis - Baynes

That is a verrrrrry tall and long team. Look at those 10 again. Our defense should get even better and 1 less mouth to feed on offense should help.

I'd love Isaac. Posted a 3 teamer last week:

BOS: Isaac,Korver, Nwaba for Terry, Morris, Yabu, Bird, picks
ORL: Terry,Morris, pick? for Isaac
CLE: Yabu,Bird for Korver, Nwaba, pick.

Not sure what the picks need to be. Some of the 1sts this year? 2nds? Whatever makes ORL & CLE bite. Lower one for CLE, obviously.

Gets us Isaac, and role player shooter and D guy. Gets us signed salary for next year for trades in the summer, rather than needing to worry about s&t. Jaylen/Isaac/Korver (salary)/picks is a nice AD trade basis.

You can also just do the Orlando piece: Terry/Morris/pick for Isaac since they fit under Orlando's cap.
Then if CLE wanted Yabs/pick for Nwaba, you get under the tax.

ETA: Don't think Orlando is ready to give up on Isaac, though.

I dont either. I posted on their board and no one was interested in moving Isaac. One poster said they would move Gordon before Isaac which seems odd to me. I don't think Bamba, Isaac, Gordon has enough shooting or scoring to work long term but they may take a few years to get to that conclusion.
Show Love Spread Love
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#374 » by djFan71 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:02 pm

If you add HOU to my Knicks trade we could get Frank, HOU 2021 & Thomas out of it.

BOS: Frank N, HOU 2021 first, Lance Thomas for Morris, Rozier, Bird.
HOU: Morris for 2021 1st rounder, Chriss and Qi - or some other salary ballast.
NYK: Terry, Chriss, Bird, Qi for Lance & Frank.

NY gets Rozier at a pretty cheap cost, and the salary is all expiring - possibly voidable with Bird.
HOU finds a way to get another rotation player for scraps and a pick.

For BOS:
Basically swap Rozier for Frank and Morris for a first rounder (plus Thomas).
Frees up some wing time for Brown/Hayward/Tatum and some more for Semi/Smart or to go bigger with Baynes/Theis/RWIII
Frees a roster spot for the deadline/buyout.
Signed salary in the summer for an AD trade.

I still doubt we do anything and plan on figuring it out with the guys we have.
But that seems reasonable for the teams involved, and perhaps mildly helpful.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#375 » by djFan71 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:09 pm

jmr07019 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:I'd love Isaac. Posted a 3 teamer last week:

BOS: Isaac,Korver, Nwaba for Terry, Morris, Yabu, Bird, picks
ORL: Terry,Morris, pick? for Isaac
CLE: Yabu,Bird for Korver, Nwaba, pick.

Not sure what the picks need to be. Some of the 1sts this year? 2nds? Whatever makes ORL & CLE bite. Lower one for CLE, obviously.

Gets us Isaac, and role player shooter and D guy. Gets us signed salary for next year for trades in the summer, rather than needing to worry about s&t. Jaylen/Isaac/Korver (salary)/picks is a nice AD trade basis.

You can also just do the Orlando piece: Terry/Morris/pick for Isaac since they fit under Orlando's cap.
Then if CLE wanted Yabs/pick for Nwaba, you get under the tax.

ETA: Don't think Orlando is ready to give up on Isaac, though.

I dont either. I posted on their board and no one was interested in moving Isaac. One poster said they would move Gordon before Isaac which seems odd to me. I don't think Bamba, Isaac, Gordon has enough shooting or scoring to work long term but they may take a few years to get to that conclusion.

Agreed, I checked their board (without posting) and came to the same conclusion. I don't see even just Gordon/Isaac ever meshing well. They're both power forwards - neither has a good enough handle, or shooting like you say, to have them be a true wing.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#376 » by Dannyboy36 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:14 pm

I rarely listen to local radio but I heard them saying that the Celts success just got to their heads. What a lazy diagnosis. I think if that was the case it they’d be beyond that awhile ago. Too much talent is no excuse. Brad got the credit for bringing them together to overachieve so it’s his job to make it work. It’s still.. kinda early.. sooo maybe he WILL make it work.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,935

Post#377 » by Triple7 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:39 pm

Kyrie’s not the problem unless he gets plagued with injuries. The problem is we lack a legit star to pair with him. Hayward is a good 3rd option, if he’s back to pre-injury. Horford’s a bit of a decline this season. Tatum is prematurely hyped to be the next superstar (he could be though, but not maybe in a few years). You could see jayson is pressured to deliver and perform now, that’s why he’s stat conscious and continues to jack up shots, to be able to get the stats up. and when he is not playing well, he sulks and we see that in his body language. We just put an unfair pressure on the guy to perform, instead of just let him learn and enjoy the game. Same thing with jaylen, because of his reduced role, everytime he’s in, he plays out of control at times. Rozier, should be traded asap. his heart and mind is just not into it. What we need is an all star next to kyrie, possibly someone with leadership skills. I would trade everyone not named kyrie and jayson.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,935

Post#378 » by Triple7 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:46 pm

Silky wrote:
MrPerfect1 wrote:

Irving/Smart/Wannamaker
Hayward/Morris/Semi
Tatum/Theis
Vucevic/Baynes/Williams

As much as i want beal, i don’t think portland lets mccollum go, as well as orlando won’t let vucevic go. Can we trade hayward + brown for beal + fillers? That would be the dream.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,695

Post#379 » by Jaqua92 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:55 pm

I don't understand where the Kyrie is a selfish, , one-on-one only player still comes from. I mean the people watch the game because if it just listen to the media and Cavs highlights. Kyrie has been passing the ball all season lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Silky
Junior

Post#380 » by Silky » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:55 pm

Triple7 wrote:
Silky wrote:
MrPerfect1 wrote:

As much as i want beal, i don’t think portland lets mccollum go, as well as orlando won’t let vucevic go. Can we trade hayward + brown for beal + fillers? That would be the dream.
I think orlando does let vuc go. They seem to want isaac and bamba as the main pieces right now...gordon next.

Vuc doesnt fit there even though he us thier best player right now

Return to Boston Celtics