ImageImageImage

Ime has got to go!

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Time for Ime to go?

1. Yes….right now!
26%
2)Maybe, but not right now.
17%
3 No, not even close to enough time to evaluate him.
45%
4. No way, love the guy.
12%

Total votes: 142

Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,385

Re: Ime has got to go! 

Post#361 » by Hal14 » Tue Feb 1, 2022 8:54 pm

ryan in Maine wrote:
return2glory wrote:Ime on Bol Bol:

"Bol has a chance to come back later in the year," Ime said. "Just acclimate him to the group, get him used the the seats on the bench. Have him get a feel for the comfort of the paddings on the seats."

:censored: Ime!

Not a real quote.

This is what Udoka really said:

“But, Bol’s in the building, and all of our meetings, all our pregame stuff, and our practices. We’ve been a little more hands-on with him than with PJ. (We’re) just encouraging these guys to continue with the rehab process. And whereas PJ is out for the year, Bol has a chance to come back later in the year and acclimate him to the group, get them comfortable … and just have them around for the most part until he’s able to start doing some activity on the court.”

Link to article: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/boston-ime-udoka-talks-bol-215749486.html
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,747

Post#362 » by return2glory » Wed Feb 2, 2022 2:11 am

Hal14 wrote:
ryan in Maine wrote:
return2glory wrote:Ime on Bol Bol:

"Bol has a chance to come back later in the year," Ime said. "Just acclimate him to the group, get him used the the seats on the bench. Have him get a feel for the comfort of the paddings on the seats."

:censored: Ime!

Not a real quote.

“But, Bol’s in the building, and all of our meetings, all our pregame stuff, and our practices. We’ve been a little more hands-on with him than with PJ. (We’re) just encouraging these guys to continue with the rehab process. And whereas PJ is out for the year, Bol has a chance to come back later in the year and acclimate him to the group, get them comfortable … and just have them around for the most part until he’s able to start doing some activity on the court.”

Link to article: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/boston-ime-udoka-talks-bol-215749486.html

Really. You actually thought that was a real quote? Ryan in Maine knew what I was talking about and everyone else does too based on Ime's tight rotations.

This was the part of the real quote:

"Bol has a chance to come back later in the year," Ime said. "Just acclimate him to the group... the rest was me translating what he really meant. I thought that was obvious since he plays 8. Pritchard, Langford, and Nesmith can't get minutes with Ime. Enes who was a 15 and 13 guy last year as a start can't get hims because Ime is like Thibs with his tight rotation and overplaying the starters.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,936

Post#363 » by Triple7 » Wed Feb 2, 2022 6:50 pm

return2glory wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
ryan in Maine wrote: :censored: Ime!

Not a real quote.

Really. You actually thought that was a real quote? Ryan in Maine knew what I was talking about and everyone else does too based on Ime's tight rotations.

This was the part of the real quote:

"Bol has a chance to come back later in the year," Ime said. "Just acclimate him to the group... the rest was me translating what he really meant. I thought that was obvious since he plays 8. Pritchard, Langford, and Nesmith can't get minutes with Ime. Enes who was a 15 and 13 guy last year as a start can't get hims because Ime is like Thibs with his tight rotation and overplaying the starters.

He is exactly like Thibs, but with a worse offense. Who else plays his starters extended minutes up by 30 in the 4th. Lol
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,881

Post#364 » by BK_2020 » Wed Feb 2, 2022 7:14 pm

Nesmith is one of the worst players in the NBA right now. Why exactly do you people think he should be getting a lot of minutes? Same goes for Pritchard. If anything, they get too much burn.
Langford is getting 17 mpg, which is appropriate for a 22 year old who has been injured since the senior year of high school.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 93,864

Post#365 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Feb 2, 2022 9:25 pm

Read on Twitter
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,951

Post#366 » by Parliament10 » Wed Feb 2, 2022 10:14 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Give me a Break!!!
Ime Udoka???
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,733

Post#367 » by reload141 » Thu Feb 3, 2022 3:01 am

A lot of people can eat some crow now.

Boston has been playing it's best basketball in a 10 game stretch and it's evident the offense is slowly coming through.

Like me and others have been trying to say, you got to give an Assistant Coach a full year before judging, but the calls for saying he's pathetic and a bottom 5 coach were just laughable.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#368 » by Parliament10 » Thu Feb 3, 2022 3:05 am

reload141 wrote:A lot of people can eat some crow now.

Boston has been playing it's best basketball in a 10 game stretch and it's evident the offense is slowly coming through.

Like me and others have been trying to say, you got to give an Assistant Coach a full year before judging, but the calls for saying he's pathetic and a bottom 5 coach were just laughable.

He still Sucks.
But, we'll give him the year.

That's It!!!
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,469

Post#369 » by Feed Your Head » Thu Feb 3, 2022 3:39 am

Ime has done the single most important thing a new head coach can do, he got the franchise player to completely buy in.

Team has the best record in the East against teams .500+, they have a top 10 net rating, that are 10-4 over their last 14. The Ime sucks stuff needs to die.

Ime has things he needs to get better at, but that’s true of any young coach. And coaches are just like players, in that they improve.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 19,274

Post#370 » by playa-hater » Thu Feb 3, 2022 3:55 am

The Comedian wrote:Ime has done the single most important thing a new head coach can do, he got the franchise player to completely buy in.

Team has the best record in the East against teams .500+, they have a top 10 net rating, that are 10-4 over their last 14. The Ime sucks stuff needs to die.

Ime has things he needs to get better at, but that’s true of any young coach. And coaches are just like players, in that they improve.

You are certainly entitled to this opinion. But It's going to take way more than a "nice stretch" and going 3 games over 500 to make me a believer.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,469

Post#371 » by Feed Your Head » Thu Feb 3, 2022 3:56 am

playa-hater wrote:
The Comedian wrote:Ime has done the single most important thing a new head coach can do, he got the franchise player to completely buy in.

You are certainly entitled to this opinion. But It's going to take way more than a "nice stretch" and going 3 games over 500 to make me a believer.

And that’s fine. But the takes about him sucking are clearly showing to be false. Everything doesn’t have to be so extreme one way or the other.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,733

Post#372 » by reload141 » Thu Feb 3, 2022 4:23 am

playa-hater wrote:

"nice stretch"

Sure it might take a while and again, not saying he's going to be a top 5 coach or anything, but people making the hot takes throughout the season can clearly see the team is starting to click and he's figuring it out.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 93,864

Post#373 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Feb 3, 2022 4:24 am

We've been a top 5 defensive team since early November, top defense since early December. That alone should earn him enough credit. I've always maintained that offensive excellence relies heavily on top talent on the roster. Just look at the top 10 in offense -- teams that are led by Trae, CP3, DeRozan, KD/Harden, Butler, Ja, Giannis, Jokic. Those guys would make all-NBA if voting was done today. Only exceptlons are UTA and CHA who are great at team ball. Team's stars dictate offense for the most part. Tatum has improved his playmaking but hasn't been consistent with style of play plus his shooting is down. Dubs also fell out of top 10 when Draymond was sidelined and Curry had his slump.

Related: Celtics have been 5th in 3FG% and 2nd in FT% past 15 games. Six rotation guys shooting 39%+ from 3. Even Horf shot 34%+ in that span. Players now making open threes they were previously missing. Cs 9th in offensive rating and 7th in TS% last 15.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 5,065

Post#374 » by Larry_Russell » Thu Feb 3, 2022 1:59 pm

I am one of the most Vocal Anti- Ime guys here

And there is still a large amount of things that he does (or doesn't do n some cases) that sucks.

But credit where credit is due and you are 100% on the money with that. Team has bought in hook line and sinker.

His refusal to groom the young players
His refusal to not run an old man and starters into the ground
His refusal to take any blame
His refusal to switch up lineups

These are all terribly **** things.

Also, have to give Brad a bit of credit with the teams great defense, he brought in Richardson and Horford while losing Fournier and Kemba which has been a massive boost to the teams ability to defend.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#375 » by Parliament10 » Thu Feb 3, 2022 2:29 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:

And there is still a large amount of things that he does (or doesn't do n some cases) that sucks.

But credit where credit is due and you are 100% on the money with that. Team has bought in hook line and sinker.

Also, have to give Brad a bit of credit with the teams great defense, he brought in Richardson and Horford while losing Fournier and Kemba which has been a massive boost to the teams ability to defend.

Ime absolutely needs to stop with the 8-Man Rotations so early, and Running the Starters into the Ground.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
AKFO
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,736

Post#376 » by AKFO » Thu Feb 3, 2022 4:38 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:

Ime absolutely needs to stop with the 8-Man Rotations so early, and Running the Starters into the Ground.

Yep. and everyone here said we were pretty much definitely going to be a top 5 defense going into the season anyways. The 4 things LR listed are definitely my biggest gripes and I'm still not letting him off the hook yet.

However, there have been some positives that have been developing. To start, I love how he's designed plays to get Jayson and Jaylen rolling to the basket. Both guys seem to be fighting more in the trenches. I don't think he has a completely horrible offensive system even if I don't always like the personnel he puts out there. The out of bounds play he often runs after timeouts with the cross-court baseline pass has been effective. And we're finally starting to string together some wins.

We're still 9th in the east. Outside of the playoffs in the previous format. Hopefully we keep climbing the standings.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 19,274

Post#377 » by playa-hater » Thu Feb 3, 2022 6:51 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:

But.But...we have a 3 game win streak :o meanwhile for those who keep "blowing up our defense" as proof of anything, as you noted, losing Kemba all by itself was a major boost. Smart Tatum RW and sometimes Brown are above average defenders.. Horford as well. Ime hasn't done shet so far but put us in 9th place.. But if dissecting parts of a season makes you sleep better than so be it.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,697

Post#378 » by Jaqua92 » Thu Feb 3, 2022 10:05 pm

Ime is a top 5 coach in the league.

Has top 8 all time potential.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,308

Post#379 » by Marvel » Fri Feb 4, 2022 1:54 am

BK_2020 wrote:Nesmith is one of the worst players in the NBA right now. Why exactly do you people think he should be getting a lot of minutes? Same goes for Pritchard. If anything, they get too much burn.
Langford is getting 17 mpg, which is appropriate for a 22 year old who has been injured since the senior year of high school.

You obviously don't read playa-hater's posts.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,697

Post#380 » by Jaqua92 » Fri Feb 4, 2022 2:19 am

Marvel wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:Nesmith is one of the worst players in the NBA right now. Why exactly do you people think he should be getting a lot of minutes? Same goes for Pritchard. If anything, they get too much burn.

You obviously don't read playa-hater's posts.
I admire the passion.

Player-Hater/Ime is like Jaqua92/Smart.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Return to Boston Celtics