ImageImageImage

Celtics "City" Jerseys Leaked (Spoiler: They look like the old St. Patty's Day Jerseys)

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

ballup
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,526

Re: Celtics "City" Jerseys Leaked (Spoiler: They look like the old St. Patty's Day Jerseys) 

Post#41 » by ballup » Fri Nov 9, 2018 2:45 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
Taget wrote:There is a home jersey and an away jersey. I understand that. I also get maybe a retro jersey to bring out for a special occasion.

But what the hell is a "city jersey"? Is it something we wear when playing in the city of Waltham?

It is Nike's way of milking money out of fans. Jersey changes every year.
Some of them stayed the same like Utah‘s and Miami‘s

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,840

Re: Celtics 

Post#42 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Fri Nov 9, 2018 3:10 pm

ballup wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
Taget wrote:There is a home jersey and an away jersey. I understand that. I also get maybe a retro jersey to bring out for a special occasion.

But what the hell is a "city jersey"? Is it something we wear when playing in the city of Waltham?

It is Nike's way of milking money out of fans. Jersey changes every year.
Some of them stayed the same like Utah‘s and Miami‘s

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Utah's did. Miami's didn't. Same jersey, but different color. Last year's white. This year they will have a black one for the City, and a pink one for the earned jerseys.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,253

Re: Celtics "City" Jerseys Leaked (Spoiler: They look like the old St. Patty's Day Jerseys) 

Post#43 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Nov 9, 2018 3:13 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM

Post#44 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Fri Nov 9, 2018 3:16 pm

And since I'm here - the Celtics city edition jersey is now available for sale on Nike.com and other retailers. According to the product description, this year's jersey is paying homage to the 80s Celtics teams
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#45 » by truth18 » Fri Nov 9, 2018 3:33 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:And since I'm here - the Celtics city edition jersey is now available for sale on Nike.com and other retailers. According to the product description, this year's jersey is paying homage to the 80s Celtics teams

Thanks, dude, just grabbed the Minny Prince and new rainbow Nuggets jerseys.

Nike has me out here more excited for non-Celtics Jerseys for the first time in my life. Smh.

They are selling out quick btw. I'd get on it if you want one.
YOU LOSE
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 59,161

Post#46 » by Froob » Fri Nov 9, 2018 4:14 pm

Oh my god, what is this?

Read on Twitter

Gross they are wearing them vs us.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#47 » by 3D Chess » Fri Nov 9, 2018 4:17 pm

Froob wrote:Oh my god, what is this?

What's wrong with them?
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#48 » by Froob » Fri Nov 9, 2018 4:19 pm

3D Chess wrote:

What's wrong with them?

Looks like the fake walmart jerseys they sell for $15. I’m sure they could find hundreds of better designs for free on the internet.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
truth18
RealGM

Post#49 » by truth18 » Fri Nov 9, 2018 4:23 pm

3D Chess wrote:

What's wrong with them?

LOL.

Everything to begin.
YOU LOSE
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#50 » by 3D Chess » Fri Nov 9, 2018 4:24 pm

Froob wrote:
3D Chess wrote:

What's wrong with them?

Looks like the fake walmart jerseys they sell for $15. I’m sure they could find hundreds of better designs for free on the internet.

All of that is true but you could say the same for about a third of all jerseys league wide. Don't think these are particularly egregious!
truth18
RealGM

Post#51 » by truth18 » Fri Nov 9, 2018 4:26 pm

3D Chess wrote:
Froob wrote:
3D Chess wrote:What's wrong with them?

All of that is true but you could say the same for about a third of all jerseys league wide. Don't think these are particularly egregious!

Dude those are some of the worst kits I've ever seen.

I mean sure, Philly's is pretty bad too but at least it looks like a professional athletic product. This **** looks like we are about to go play laser tag in Lithuania.
truth18
RealGM

Post#52 » by truth18 » Fri Nov 9, 2018 4:29 pm

New Orleans, Bucks and Sac have nice jerseys too imo.
YOU LOSE
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#53 » by Froob » Fri Nov 9, 2018 4:32 pm

truth18 wrote:New Orleans, Bucks and Sac have nice jerseys too imo.

I love the Pelicans. Bucks is weird, but may be good in action. Cavs getting a lot of flack, but I think they’re great.

RIP The_Hater
truth18
RealGM

Post#54 » by truth18 » Fri Nov 9, 2018 4:32 pm

Froob wrote:

I love the Pelicans. Bucks is weird, but may be good in action. Cavs getting a lot of flack, but I think they’re great.

Yeah, Cavs are great imo. Did every team get a new jersey?
YOU LOSE
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#55 » by Froob » Fri Nov 9, 2018 4:39 pm

truth18 wrote:
Froob wrote:

Yeah, Cavs are great imo. Did every team get a new jersey?

Jazz (they are wearing them tonight with the alt court btw) and Spurs didn’t (shame no Spurs fiesta jersey).

RIP The_Hater
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#56 » by Froob » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:41 pm

Word around the interwebs is our earned jersey will be a green version of the city jersey, meaning the St Patrick’s day uni is back already.

RIP The_Hater
ajones9219
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,837

Post#57 » by ajones9219 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:07 pm

Read on Twitter

:lol: That jersey is awesome. Different strokes I guess
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,095

Post#58 » by Ed Pinkney » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:36 am

To me the Celtics one isn't bad, its just boring and playing it safe. Seems like a lost opportunity to do something different and interesting that acknowledges the city of Boston, not just the Celtics. It's an old city with an enormous amount of history you can draw on. More teams should do what the Heat and Wolves have done.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM

Post#59 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:39 pm

Some info about the Earned jerseys that the team is wearing on Christmas Day, received from another message board I frequent:

- proshop at the Garden said they will be getting stock in on the 19th.
- shorts, and jerseys.
- they will have authentics for Kyrie, Tatum, maybe Brown as well as Hayward and Smart
- colors will be green and gold
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,630

Post#60 » by Taget » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:48 pm

Froob wrote:
3D Chess wrote:

What's wrong with them?

The Walmart jerseys are made in China. Nike only uses the finest Vietnamese child labor. Hence the higher price tag.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

Return to Boston Celtics