ImageImageImage

Eastern Conference playoff watch

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Re: Eastern Conference playoff watch 

Post#501 » by mr_sunshine » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:09 am

GoCeltics123 wrote:Honestly getting the one seed scares me because Toronto has killed us this year and would be healthy by that point

I don't think we had a fully healthy team even once against the Raptors. DDR feasted without Bradley in there, but he'll do a solid job of shutting him down in the playoffs.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,240

Post#502 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:39 am

Read on Twitter

It seems like every year, he says something similar and yet, he's ended up in the Finals for six straight seasons.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#503 » by mr_sunshine » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:00 am

Probably because hate it or love it he's the GOAT. Look at his on/off this year. It's **** ridiculous. He's playing amazing and looks as athletic as he was 5+ years ago. GS poked the bear last year and got burned.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#504 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:07 am

mr_sunshine wrote:Probably because hate it or love it he's the GOAT. Look at his on/off this year. It's **** ridiculous. He's playing amazing and looks as athletic as he was 5+ years ago. GS poked the bear last year and got burned.

And after he triumphs, he'll have something to point back to and say "damn, look at all the adversity I had to overcome." The manufactured drama is just part of his all-important legacy-building. Yeah, I admit, I'm salty. I want this dude to retire already. Or better yet, for the Cs to beat his team again.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,422

Post#505 » by djFan71 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:49 am

I'm happy we're closing in on the 1 seed and rooting for it. But, I honestly wouldn't be that sad with the 2 seed and an IND\WAS path to the ECF instead of MIA\TOR path. It's a longshot for the finals against CLE regardless of home court, so the easier path to get to the ECF is pretty attractive.

All that said, heart says go for #1 and shock the world!
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#506 » by Tiny ball » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:00 am

mr_sunshine wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:Honestly getting the one seed scares me because Toronto has killed us this year and would be healthy by that point

I don't think we had a fully healthy team even once against the Raptors. DDR feasted without Bradley in there, but he'll do a solid job of shutting him down in the playoffs.

No one came close to stopping PG tonight. Don't count your chickens before they hatch .
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#507 » by GreenBloodedC » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:21 am

CrowderKeg wrote:
mr_sunshine wrote:Probably because hate it or love it he's the GOAT. Look at his on/off this year. It's **** ridiculous. He's playing amazing and looks as athletic as he was 5+ years ago. GS poked the bear last year and got burned.

And after he triumphs, he'll have something to point back to and say "damn, look at all the adversity I had to overcome." The manufactured drama is just part of his all-important legacy-building. Yeah, I admit, I'm salty. I want this dude to retire already. Or better yet, for the Cs to beat his team again.

It's coming. Ohhhh. It's coming
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,478

Post#508 » by chrisab123 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:21 am

Never use Brady's name in vain like that again.
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,676

Post#509 » by Tyakack » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:57 am

CrowderKeg wrote:

I really wanna see this happen again before he retires. I think there's a good chance. Obviously not this year but once he declines alot more and we put more talent on this team. It would be so sweet to see.
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,626

Post#510 » by jirrit » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:25 pm

We just gotta play solid, try to start the play-offs as healthy as possible and go from there. Fear no one and make the best out of it.
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,626

Post#511 » by jirrit » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:26 pm

mr_sunshine wrote:

I'd love to face them somewhere in the play-offs. Their 'you are our sons' - anthem could get thrown right back in their face come PO-time and I'd dig that.
Valid
RealGM
And1: 12,656

Post#512 » by Valid » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:38 pm

Lol. He's not the GOAT. Not even the best player since Jordan. It's like people forget Tim Duncan existed or something.
liveod
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,082

Post#513 » by liveod » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:53 pm

Valid wrote:

Lol. He's not the GOAT. Not even the best player since Jordan. It's like people forget Tim Duncan existed or something.

LeBron > Duncan
Celtics_Champs wrote:Abby Chin always looks good. She blocked me on Twitter and to this day I have no idea and I never said anything to her. One day I will see her on sidelines and ask her why oh why.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,084

Post#514 » by jfs1000d » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:11 pm

mattstermh wrote:
Valid wrote:

LeBron > Duncan

Yes and No. I think LeBron is more dominant because he has the ball in his hands. But, Duncan doesn't have to apologize.
Valid
RealGM

Post#515 » by Valid » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:20 pm

mattstermh wrote:
Valid wrote:

LeBron > Duncan

You're wrong. End of discussion.
Valid
RealGM

Post#516 » by Valid » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:23 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
mattstermh wrote:
Valid wrote:Lol. He's not the GOAT. Not even the best player since Jordan. It's like people forget Tim Duncan existed or something.

LeBron > Duncan

Yes and No. I think LeBron is more dominant because he has the ball in his hands. But, Duncan doesn't have to apologize.

Duncan is 5-1 in the finals, beat LeBron twice (and would have beaten him three times had Popovich not completely **** up in Game 6 in 2013) and is one of the best defensive players this game has ever seen and will ever see. His impact on the defensive end is so far ahead of LeBron's that you'd need a telescope to see James. In addition, he is THE model teammate, something LeBron never has been and never will be.

I'm sorry, but this shouldn't even be a discussion right now. Duncan is better than LeBron. If LeBron wins another title or two, then we'll talk.

People believe LeBron is better than Duncan because of media narratives being shoved down their throats.
prov1ml
Starter
And1: 2,157

Post#517 » by prov1ml » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:58 pm

CrowderKeg wrote:

I'm with you, dude. I've never been able to stand the guy and my disdain for him grows by the minute. Anyone who has "Chosen One" tattooed across his shoulder blades is a massive narcissist.

I'm so tired of seeing him in the Finals its sickening. What sucks is, there hasn't really been any type of competition in the East to stop him from getting there, but all we get to hear about is how he's been there 6 straight years or whatever its been.

What really makes matters worse, however, is if he hadn't freaking won last year, we probably have Durant -- if you want to believe the reports. I had to find new levels of hatred after that!
OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Post#518 » by OFWGKTA » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:01 pm

prov1ml wrote:
CrowderKeg wrote:

I'm with you, dude. I've never been able to stand the guy and my disdain for him grows by the minute. Anyone who has "Chosen One" tattooed across his shoulder blades is a massive narcissist.

I'm so tired of seeing him in the Finals its sickening. What sucks is, there hasn't really been any type of competition in the East to stop him from getting there, but all we get to hear about is how he's been there 6 straight years or whatever its been.

What really makes matters worse, however, is if he hadn't freaking won last year, we probably have Durant -- if you want to believe the reports. I had to find new levels of hatred after that!

Middle lower back is cool though right?

Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.
Shuttlesworth99
Junior
And1: 771

Post#519 » by Shuttlesworth99 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:27 pm

OFWGKTA wrote:
prov1ml wrote:
CrowderKeg wrote:And after he triumphs, he'll have something to point back to and say "damn, look at all the adversity I had to overcome." The manufactured drama is just part of his all-important legacy-building. Yeah, I admit, I'm salty. I want this dude to retire already. Or better yet, for the Cs to beat his team again.

Middle lower back is cool though right?

That's what she said

ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#520 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:45 am

Read on Twitter

The right part is cool. The left one is not. Stop winning, Brooklyn!

Return to Boston Celtics