ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston, Kristaps Porzingis!

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,964

Re: Welcome to Boston, Kristaps Porzingis! 

Post#541 » by Parliament10 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:36 pm

watsonthedragon wrote:I can't remember being so excited for a new addition to this team. KP looks so damn good and is getting so many easy looks. His shot and release is ridiculously quick and smooth, especially for a guy his size. Dude is going to totally unlock this offense. How the hell do you defend any lineup with him and the Js?

I was thinking that.
When he scores, it's just so easy. It's like, "Wow he was open???"
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 93,899

Post#542 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:49 am

Read on Twitter

zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#543 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:36 pm

Read on Twitter
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,396

Post#544 » by hugepatsfan » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:54 pm

What I love about the Porzingis addition, especially on offense, is that it’s all additive from a style standpoint. Maybe some shot attempt math to work out, but he doesn’t really step on anyone’s toes stylistically. I don’t think anyone needs to really change how they play to accommodate him. Everyone just keeps doing what they’re doing except now they have a better inside scorer to go to when it makes sense.

And even with the Jrue addition, he just slides into Smart’s role and improved it. I think this all sets us up for a very quick process of building chemistry.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,796

Post#545 » by 165bows » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:17 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Even Himmels getting in on the korney disrespect lol.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 9,114

Post#546 » by sam_I_am » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:19 pm

How did we get this guy for practically nothing?

Wizards receive:

Tyus Jones (via Grizzlies)
Danilo Gallinari (via Celtics)
Mike Muscala (via Celtics)
No. 35 pick in 2023 Draft (via Celtics)
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,396

Post#547 » by hugepatsfan » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:43 pm

sam_I_am wrote:How did we get this guy for practically nothing?

Wizards receive:

He was going to opt out and sign somewhere else in free agency if they didn’t trade him. He only opted in specifically to facilitate a trade.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,457

Post#548 » by 31to6 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:05 pm

hugepatsfan wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:How did we get this guy for practically nothing?

Wizards receive:

He was going to opt out and sign somewhere else in free agency if they didn’t trade him. He only opted in specifically to facilitate a trade.

right, and WAS *finally* got management in place ready to push the 'BLOW EET UP' button. Which is a **** hilarious thing to do in the same summer that Wembanyama was drafted ... After getting truly nothing for Beal (obvious given his $$$, NTC, and age/injuries), maybe they felt they at least got a little something for Porzingis. IMO WAS should've blown it up years ago, and BOS (like PHO) was ready to pounce when they finally did.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,699

Post#549 » by shackles10 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:40 pm

So who’s the bigger addition between the 2 guys WAS traded away for little to nothing? KP or Beal? Considering cost and avoiding overlap of position and size I think you could make a very strong case for Zinger. Imagine him on PHX with KD and Booker and they get something other than Nurk for Ayton or maybe more likely to hang on to him? Could they have kept CP3 and gotten KP? Brad is a genius…
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#550 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:46 pm

I like the fact that our frontcourt can be nicknamed Staph and The Clap (El Clappo).
JaMarco
Bench Warmer
And1: 729

Post#551 » by JaMarco » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:16 am

shackles10 wrote:So who’s the bigger addition between the 2 guys WAS traded away for little to nothing? KP or Beal? Considering cost and avoiding overlap of position and size I think you could make a very strong case for Zinger. Imagine him on PHX with KD and Booker and they get something other than Nurk for Ayton or maybe more likely to hang on to him? Could they have kept CP3 and gotten KP? Brad is a genius…

KP has a higher floor, Beal has a higher ceiling.
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,858

Post#552 » by KillahGhostface » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:47 am

JaMarco wrote:
shackles10 wrote:So who’s the bigger addition between the 2 guys WAS traded away for little to nothing? KP or Beal? Considering cost and avoiding overlap of position and size I think you could make a very strong case for Zinger. Imagine him on PHX with KD and Booker and they get something other than Nurk for Ayton or maybe more likely to hang on to him? Could they have kept CP3 and gotten KP? Brad is a genius…

Nah. KP has the higher ceiling for sure, since he actually plays both sides of the court. That’s why advanced stats have had him as a much better player than Beal for years.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,699

Post#553 » by shackles10 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:53 am

JaMarco wrote:

Maybe on a tanking team or where you’re the Wizards of last year and these are you two main guys but on a contender I think KP has the higher ceiling because of defense and he fills a big need for almost any team he’d join. Beal has a lot of overlap with Booker definitely and even with KD some just in that both hold their biggest value in being a scorer. He’s also being asked to play pg for PHX bc of the overlap.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#554 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:29 am

Weeks before the trade:

JaMarco
Bench Warmer
And1: 729

Post#555 » by JaMarco » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:19 am

shackles10 wrote:
JaMarco wrote:

Maybe on a tanking team or where you’re the Wizards of last year and these are you two main guys but on a contender I think KP has the higher ceiling because of defense and he fills a big need for almost any team he’d join. Beal has a lot of overlap with Booker definitely and even with KD some just in that both hold their biggest value in being a scorer. He’s also being asked to play pg for PHX bc of the overlap.

So if KP has a higher ceiling for PHO why didn't they just trade for him instead?
Bleedsgreen
Pro Prospect
And1: 363

Post#556 » by Bleedsgreen » Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:13 am

JaMarco wrote:
shackles10 wrote:
JaMarco wrote:KP has a higher floor, Beal has a higher ceiling.

So if KP has a higher ceiling for PHO why didn't they just trade for him instead?

Well one option is KP floor is lower than Beals , since KP health injury issues. Beal has been pretty durable and biggest injury was a wrist injury.
"Kyrie will 100% win this standoff btw." A Comedian
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#557 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:25 am

Is it Thursday yet?
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#558 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:23 pm

KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,858

Post#559 » by KillahGhostface » Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:37 pm

JaMarco wrote:
shackles10 wrote:
JaMarco wrote:KP has a higher floor, Beal has a higher ceiling.

What kind of question is this?

KD/Beal are close, and wanted to play together. KP also had say in where he was going.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,397

Post#560 » by Hal14 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:37 pm

KillahGhostface wrote:
JaMarco wrote:
shackles10 wrote:

What kind of question is this?

KD/Beal are close, and wanted to play together. KP also had say in where he was going.

Yeah KD seems to like teaming up with guys who are really good scorers but not very good on D (Harden, Kyrie, etc.).

And he likes teaming up with his friends. He's buddies with Beal..perhaps is not buddies with Porzingis.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)

Return to Boston Celtics