ImageImageImage

Kemba Walker Thread

Moderators: bisme37, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10

Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,378

Re: Enter, Kemba Walker Thread 

Post#61 » by Red2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:28 am

God bless Kemba! Welcome to Boston . Go Celts !!
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,710

Post#62 » by brackdan70 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:28 am

CeltsfaninDC wrote:The Charlotte board is understandably upset. They are calling for tampering and are expecting our firsts.

Lol. Ok
Sign here
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,790

Re: Kemba's secret skill..top 5 in drawing offensive charges 

Post#63 » by Kalela » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:31 am

There is nothing I hate more than players fishing for charges. One of the reasons I really dislike Kyle Lowry. With that said I don't remember Kemba drawing a lot of charges when he was at Uconn.
Fire Mazzulla
LuckyLeprechaun
Rookie
And1: 1,338

Re: Enter, Kemba Walker 

Post#64 » by LuckyLeprechaun » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:40 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
LuckyLeprechaun wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:Shams AND Woj agree, this is done.

Thanks for making the thread I was just about to.

I think he wants to be here, but I also think there aren't that many teams looking to pay him the max. Lakers reportedly only will offer that to Kawhi and Kyrie. Clippers reportedly have other guys on their radar. Nets are targetting Kyrie. Knicks reportedly aren't targetting him. 76ers are targeting their own guys and if they fail, they don't really want a ball dominant PG when Simmons is their ball handler. Kings have Fox. Mavericks have Luka handling PG duties. Everyone else doesn't have max room. As soon as Charlotte decided not to pay him, we became his best option by default if he wanted to get paid.

As for your other concerns, any of the CA or NY franchises would go after Kemba as a plan B. the Lakers would love to add him to a LeBron, AD core if they strike out so I don't think he's lacking for suitors.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/254523/Lakers-Plan-On-Breaking-Up-$32M-Cap-Space-Unless-They-Sign-Kawhi-Leonard-Or-Kyrie-Irving

You're wrong about the Lakers. Knicks are a worse destination than us. Same bad weather but less talent. Nets are getting Kyrie. Dallas would make some sense, but Dallas isn't targeting ball dominant guards when that's the role Luka serves for the team. Clippers could work but guard is the strength of their roster and not a priority in free agency for them. There aren't really any other teams that can pay him the max. You make it sound like he chose us over 29 other teams, when really he probably chose us over like 4 teams at the most.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#65 » by jwise44 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:42 am

If kemba signs, I will officially be rooting for the Celtics after the rockets next year...if they trade for capela, too I may try to convince my girlfriend to move to Boston instead of nyc because that’s my 2 favorite players in the league on one team
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,327

Post#66 » by Ben-N1ce » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:43 am

I'm kind of excited better than nothing but wish they paid less to get a decent big to go with him. Massive hole in the roster.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Post#67 » by ZeroTolerance » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:48 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
Read on Twitter

The power of positive thinking....
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,283

Re: Enter, Kemba Walker 

Post#68 » by celticfan42487 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:51 am

LuckyLeprechaun wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
LuckyLeprechaun wrote:
I think he wants to be here, but I also think there aren't that many teams looking to pay him the max. Lakers reportedly only will offer that to Kawhi and Kyrie. Clippers reportedly have other guys on their radar. Nets are targetting Kyrie. Knicks reportedly aren't targetting him. 76ers are targeting their own guys and if they fail, they don't really want a ball dominant PG when Simmons is their ball handler. Kings have Fox. Mavericks have Luka handling PG duties. Everyone else doesn't have max room. As soon as Charlotte decided not to pay him, we became his best option by default if he wanted to get paid.

As for your other concerns, any of the CA or NY franchises would go after Kemba as a plan B. the Lakers would love to add him to a LeBron, AD core if they strike out so I don't think he's lacking for suitors.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/254523/Lakers-Plan-On-Breaking-Up-$32M-Cap-Space-Unless-They-Sign-Kawhi-Leonard-Or-Kyrie-Irving

You're wrong about the Lakers. Knicks are a worse destination than us. Same bad weather but less talent. Nets are getting Kyrie. Dallas would make some sense, but Dallas isn't targeting ball dominant guards when that's the role Luka serves for the team. Clippers could work but guard is the strength of their roster and not a priority in free agency for them. There aren't really any other teams that can pay him the max. You make it sound like he chose us over 29 other teams, when really he probably chose us over like 4 teams at the most.

Dude. You can find an article of the Lakers signing every single free agent today and tomorrow and their plans.

It's the media, they just have to make stuff up to get clicks.

As for the Knicks, basketball they're a worst spot. Otherwise being the big fish in the big city has other $$$$ rewards to it for his legacy and money off the court now and for years from now. They'd creamed to have someone bring the Knicks to the playoffs.

Clipper's priority is getting 2 studs in. If they end up with 1 stud (KD or Kawhi) and Kemba they're happy. They'll just trade Lou Williams or Gallinari for future assets and much like HOU look to trade 4 first for the last all-star they need for their big 3.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man

Post#69 » by ZeroTolerance » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:55 am

jwise44 wrote:If kemba signs, I will officially be rooting for the Celtics after the rockets next year...if they trade for capela, too I may try to convince my girlfriend to move to Boston instead of nyc because that’s my 2 favorite players in the league on one team

Noticed you are from Asheville NC...in the heart of stock car country...Always wanted to visit down there and go to Bristol for a NA$CAR race...And Hickory for A PASS SLM event...

If you ever make that move, you might want to live in Maine..."The way life should be"...You won't be disappointed!
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#70 » by Slartibartfast » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:56 am

Iguodaladon wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:I see the value in adding an all-star, but I'm not at all excited about Kemba. IT/Kyrie part III and I wasn't big fans of the first two entrants in the trilogy.

That said, withdrawing my earlier age objections after seeing Lou Williams put up 27 per 36 at 32 years of age.

My thoughts too, I think we're gonna see another offence built on a star PG taking all the shots, likely to the detriment of Tatum and Brown's development

It's a catch-22. Kemba is only really a star when he takes a ton of shots. Which is why he's at his best surrounded primarily by 3/D wings, passers and pop/roll bigs (like the AB/Jae/Horford/Amir group we used around IT).

But should other players on the team increase their usage beyond role player level, Kemba doesn't have any other star level strengths to ramp up (like Pierce did with his D). Indeed, he has some of the IT problem in that he needs to be a usage sponge to make up for being a negative in other respects.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man

Post#71 » by ZeroTolerance » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:01 am

Slartibartfast wrote:
Iguodaladon wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:I see the value in adding an all-star, but I'm not at all excited about Kemba. IT/Kyrie part III and I wasn't big fans of the first two entrants in the trilogy.

That said, withdrawing my earlier age objections after seeing Lou Williams put up 27 per 36 at 32 years of age.

My thoughts too, I think we're gonna see another offence built on a star PG taking all the shots, likely to the detriment of Tatum and Brown's development

It's a catch-22. Kemba is only really a star when he takes a ton of shots. Which is why he's at his best surrounded primarily by 3/D wings, passers and pop/roll bigs (like the AB/Jae/Horford/Amir group we used around IT).

But should other players on the team increase their usage beyond role player level, Kemba doesn't have any other star level strengths to ramp up (like Pierce did with his D). Indeed, he has some of the IT problem in that he needs to be a usage sponge to make up for being a negative in other respects.

I'm worried he will get beat up nightly like IT did... we really need to get some beef underneath to protect him...puzzled why we traded away Banes... he would have been perfect in that regard....though he too was often injured...
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,469

Post#72 » by Feed Your Head » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:03 am

ZeroTolerance wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Iguodaladon wrote:

I'm worried he will get beat up nightly like IT did... we really need to get some beef underneath to protect him...puzzled why we traded away Banes... he would have been perfect in that regard....though he too was often injured...

They traded Baynes so they could have the money to sign Kemba.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#73 » by jwise44 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:06 am

ZeroTolerance wrote:
jwise44 wrote:If kemba signs, I will officially be rooting for the Celtics after the rockets next year...if they trade for capela, too I may try to convince my girlfriend to move to Boston instead of nyc because that’s my 2 favorite players in the league on one team

Noticed you are from Ashford NC...in the heart of stock car country...Always wanted to visit down there and go to Bristol for a NA$CAR race...And Hickory for A PASS SLM event...

If you ever make that move, you might want to live in Maine..."The way life should be"...You won't be disappointed!

Asheville, not a lot of nascar up here in the mountains, and I just moved here last year. I am from houston.

Thing is I have a nice job offer in nyc, but Boston is and always has been my favorite city to visit (I’ve mentioned that on this board before), if the Celtics sign kemba and get capela...I can’t pass that up, even for a job

Edit—you should come visit Asheville anyways after making trips to the nascar area...this place is beautiful in the mountains
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man

Post#74 » by ZeroTolerance » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:08 am

The Comedian wrote:
ZeroTolerance wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

They traded Baynes so they could have the money to sign Kemba.

Maybe they will get "a hammer" of a big man to keep the opposition honest....When you tie up 35 mil over 4 years, you better be protecting your investment!
Celtics_History_Lesson
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,267

Post#75 » by Celtics_History_Lesson » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:10 am

If he wanted to help the team and the fans, K Walker could wear number 8 and save a lot of people some money.

Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#76 » by Slartibartfast » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:11 am

ZeroTolerance wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Iguodaladon wrote:

Kemba is an iron man and he doesn't depend on FTA like IT did. Not as worried about his health.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man

Post#77 » by ZeroTolerance » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:15 am

jwise44 wrote:
ZeroTolerance wrote:

Noticed you are from Ashford NC...in the heart of stock car country...Always wanted to visit down there and go to Bristol for a NA$CAR race...And Hickory for A PASS SLM event...

Asheville, not a lot of nascar up here in the mountains, and I just moved here last year. I am from houston.

Thing is I have a nice job offer in nyc, but Boston is and always has been my favorite city to visit (I’ve mentioned that on this board before), if the Celtics sign kemba and get capela...I can’t pass that up, even for a job

Edit—you should come visit Asheville anyways after making trips to the nascar area...this place is beautiful in the mountains

I suppose you gotta go where the money is man.... (Yeah noticed my mistake)... Heard it's beautiful there....

NYC though? Even if i was young again....I couldn't... would be the polar opposite for me...expensive to live there too..But good luck!
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man

Post#78 » by ZeroTolerance » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:17 am

Slartibartfast wrote:
ZeroTolerance wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

Kemba is an iron man and he doesn't depend on FTA like IT did. Not as worried about his health.

I hope you are right....
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man

Post#79 » by ZeroTolerance » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:20 am

Celtics_History_Lesson wrote:If he wanted to help the team and the fans, K Walker could wear number 8 and save a lot of people some money.

Hmmm!.... right you are!
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man

Post#80 » by ZeroTolerance » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:23 am

jwise44 wrote:Edit—you should come visit Asheville anyways after making trips to the nascar area...this place is beautiful in the mountains

On the bucket list....better half/s brother lives down that way too...maybe around foliage time this fall! :)

Return to Boston Celtics