ImageImageImage

2014 Celtics off season Thread

Moderators: bisme37, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10

darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,008

Re: 2014 Draft Night Trades+Off Season Trade Ideas/Moves Thr 

Post#661 » by darrendaye » Wed May 21, 2014 10:38 am

Team that REALLY got screwed was Detroit. Charlotte is an ideal trade back partner if they have a player they covet.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
CelticsFTW
Junior
And1: 401

Post#662 » by CelticsFTW » Wed May 21, 2014 1:28 pm

Hi everyone,
this is my first post on RealGm. I‘m from Germany so my english maybe isn‘t that good. I‘am a Boston Celtics fan since 2003-04 and a very active reader on RealGm and especially the Celtics Board. So here is my proposal for Draft Night / Off-Season.

Trades:

Trade1: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pzq2pnb
Bos:
- Green
Sullinger
Olynyk
#6 Pick
2015 1rd Clippers Pick
Maybe some of the future Nets Pick

Min:
Love

Maybe it‘s a slightly overpay, but this negotiable. Love is interested in playing for the Celtics (http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/ ... me-celtics) and the Celtics can offer a good package for Minnesota. I think only Golden State can offer am similar package, but Love would still play in the tough west in that scenario and I think Love sees a chance to get to Finals with the Celtics someday. For this to happen, Love has to sign a contract with the Celtics to avoid a Howard-Lakers-situation.

Trade2:

Bos:
Bass
Future 1rd Pick (Celtics or Nets)

Hou:
Asik

The Celtics would have to use the Pierce TPE, but maybe Boston won‘t have to trade Bass in this scenario. Morey is interested in a Draft Pick for Asik (http://fansided.com/2013/12/01/report-r ... ik/#!PgHHI) and I think Bass is a perfect bench big for the rockets.

Draft:
#17 Kyle Anderson

If Kyle Anderson is gone at #17, maybe the Celtics could get LaVine, Stauskas, Warren, or Hairston, who can give the Celtics some scoring and could develop into a 2nd scoring option.

Free Agency:
- Sign Bradley with a reasonable contract
- Sign Humphries with a more reasonable contract

Boston Starting 5:
Rondo - Bradley - Anderson - Love - Asik

The biggest problem this team would have is the lack of a 2nd scoring option and there are of course missing pieces, so the team would not be instant contender.
But in my opionion, this team would be a 3rd or 5th seat in the EC. Momentarily, I think it is the best case scenario for the Celtics and it isn‘t that unrealistic.
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#663 » by 15th overall » Wed May 21, 2014 1:37 pm

CelticsFTW wrote:Hi everyone,
this is my first post on RealGm. I‘m from Germany so my english maybe isn‘t that good. I‘am a Boston Celtics fan since 2003-04 and a very active reader on RealGm and especially the Celtics Board. So here is my proposal for Draft Night / Off-Season.

Your English is outstanding, man.. Welcome to the board.

I'd hope we could keep at least one of Sully/KO out of the Love deal if possible, not a deal breaker though. I'm down with Kyle Anderson at #17 but he'd get DESTROYED at SF IMO, guy is just inhumanly slow. Asik seems like a good fit next to Love, but no way I include a Brooklyn pick... let that clown Morey have that crappy Philly pick at most.

Other than that, I'm with you.

Hope you stick around, man. And, again, welcome.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#664 » by 15th overall » Wed May 21, 2014 1:47 pm

darrendaye wrote:Team that REALLY got screwed was Detroit. Charlotte is an ideal trade back partner if they have a player they covet.

#6 for #9 + MKG would be outstanding. I'd love to see what Brad could do with an impressionable freak like MKG.

#6 for #9 + Biyombo could be acceptable I guess. Just not as exciting.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 9,147

Post#665 » by brackdan70 » Wed May 21, 2014 1:54 pm

CelticsFTW wrote:Hi everyone,

Trades:

Trade1: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pzq2pnb
Bos:
- Green
Sullinger
Olynyk
#6 Pick
2015 1rd Clippers Pick
Maybe some of the future Nets Pick

Min:
Love

Maybe it‘s a slightly overpay, but this negotiable. Love is interested in playing for the Celtics (http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/ ... me-celtics) and the Celtics can offer a good package for Minnesota. I think only Golden State can offer am similar package, but Love would still play in the tough west in that scenario and I think Love sees a chance to get to Finals with the Celtics someday. For this to happen, Love has to sign a contract with the Celtics to avoid a Howard-Lakers-situation.

Trade2:

Bos:
Bass
Future 1rd Pick (Celtics or Nets)

Hou:
Asik

The Celtics would have to use the Pierce TPE, but maybe Boston won‘t have to trade Bass in this scenario. Morey is interested in a Draft Pick for Asik (http://fansided.com/2013/12/01/report-r ... ik/#!PgHHI) and I think Bass is a perfect bench big for the rockets.

Draft:
#17 Kyle Anderson

If Kyle Anderson is gone at #17, maybe the Celtics could get LaVine, Stauskas, Warren, or Hairston, who can give the Celtics some scoring and could develop into a 2nd scoring option.

Free Agency:
- Sign Bradley with a reasonable contract
- Sign Humphries with a more reasonable contract

Boston Starting 5:
Rondo - Bradley - Anderson - Love - Asik

The biggest problem this team would have is the lack of a 2nd scoring option and there are of course missing pieces, so the team would not be instant contender.
But in my opionion, this team would be a 3rd or 5th seat in the EC. Momentarily, I think it is the best case scenario for the Celtics and it isn‘t that unrealistic.

Good thoughts, and your english is just as good as mine :) (that may not be much of a compliment )

I'd also like to keep one of Sully or Olynyk, and I wouldn't think thats a deal breaker for Minnesota.
i'd like to think if Green and Sully as well as expiring or non guaranteed contracts are included the 6th pick is enough, but yes we can add another future if needed. That is a better package than anyone else can come up with unless Golden state wants to part with both Thompson and Barnes.

If Houston's motivation is to move Asik for cap space to make a run at Melo, I bet we can get Asik for an expiring deal or just the TPE and a future second. I think Houston missed their window to get much back for him. but maybe it takes the clippers pick or a swap of 17 and 25 this year.

I like Anderson as well, need some good defenders on the team to make up for his speed though.
Sign here
mloyko
Junior
And1: 150

Post#666 » by mloyko » Wed May 21, 2014 2:00 pm

Danny Ainge was just one Toucher and Rich. He slipped up a little. When asked if his plan has changed based on getting the 6th pick - "No, not really. We hoped we'd have a few more assets to be able to trade, but we ended up where we expected"
CelticFaninLBC
RealGM
And1: 3,100

Post#667 » by CelticFaninLBC » Wed May 21, 2014 2:15 pm

Rumor is that Orlando's interested in David Lee, but I can't see Orlando dealing the #4 pick for Lee, and #12 probably isn't enough for GSW, unless they get Affalo too, while moving Thompson to Minny.

Anyways, considering that Orlando is looking for a pf, perhaps they can be part of a 3 way deal, and take on Sullinger, and give another asset or 2 to Minnesota, while Minnesota drafts either Randle, Vonleh, Saric or Gordon @ #6.
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#668 » by The Rondo Show » Wed May 21, 2014 2:41 pm

mloyko wrote:Danny Ainge was just one Toucher and Rich. He slipped up a little. When asked if his plan has changed based on getting the 6th pick - "No, not really. We hoped we'd have a few more assets to be able to trade, but we ended up where we expected"
He also had this to say...

Toucher and Rich ‏@Toucherandrich · 15m
Danny Ainge just told us that he would be open to trading for a high caliber player in their last year without an agreement to an extension.
DakoBarr
Junior
And1: 151

Post#669 » by DakoBarr » Wed May 21, 2014 3:22 pm

Posted something similar in the WojReport thread, but who are you guys thinking of as 2nd options (or 1st) next to Love?

I'm intrigued by Melo, obviously, but also a guy like Stephenson. Gambling a little on potential there. Presumably we could scoop up Young with the BK pick. 2015 has Thompson, though he seems more 3rd option.

Also, what's the likelihood of Pierce coming back? A bench of Pierce, Bayless, and Hump could be really solid, with maybe CJ playing spot mins here and there.

EDIT - Realize a Love deal isn't eminent, but I feel most points have been made.
"That part of the game, that 15-18 foot shot, has virtually disappeared. But this guy, DeRozan, has made it a career." - Tommy Heinsohn
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#670 » by Rosque » Wed May 21, 2014 3:39 pm

Remember guys, I COME IN PEACE.

So.. Would you guys be willing to trade Rondo for our 7th pick + whatever you want besides Kobe?
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
AgentGreen
Head Coach
And1: 3,479

Post#671 » by AgentGreen » Wed May 21, 2014 3:41 pm

Rosque wrote:Remember guys, I COME IN PEACE.

So.. Would you guys be willing to trade Rondo for our 7th pick + whatever you want besides Kobe?

If Love doesnt come and we cant make no trade for another starplayer, then yeah i'd trade Rondo for that 7th pick + fillers
Bar Fight
RealGM
And1: 16,352

Post#672 » by Bar Fight » Wed May 21, 2014 3:51 pm

I'd do that too. I love Rondo, but he isn't going to be apart of the Celtics next contending team. A top 7 pick is about as good as we'll get for him.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,999

Post#673 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed May 21, 2014 3:52 pm

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zh7QkHhTAjE/U ... .15+AM.png

Ainge going hard... I think this significantly increases our chances of lading Love, but then again losing him to LAL... which would be devaststing.. I'm not really sure how I feel about this as picks are really valueable and if Love leaves we will be stuck in the lottery for a decade, that said Ainge is a gamer :D
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Bar Fight
RealGM
And1: 16,352

Post#674 » by Bar Fight » Wed May 21, 2014 3:53 pm

Boston34Bg wrote:http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zh7QkHhTAjE/U3y9cYDyv3I/AAAAAAAAA9o/MjcdKgxjx8g/s1600/Screen+Shot+2014-05-21+at+10.53.15+AM.png

Ainge going hard... I think this significantly increases our chances of lading Love, but then again losing him to LAL... which would be devaststing.. I'm not really sure how I feel about this as picks are really valueable and if Love leaves we will be stuck in the lottery for a decade, that said Ainge is a gamer :D

Danny is **** desperate right now. Just keep the pick. What good is trading for Love, still missing the Playoffs, and losing him for nothing the following year?
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,999

Post#675 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed May 21, 2014 4:03 pm

Bar Fight wrote:
Boston34Bg wrote:http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zh7QkHhTAjE/U3y9cYDyv3I/AAAAAAAAA9o/MjcdKgxjx8g/s1600/Screen+Shot+2014-05-21+at+10.53.15+AM.png

Danny is **** desperate right now. Just keep the pick. What good is trading for Love, still missing the Playoffs, and losing him for nothing the following year?

This would be a huge pressure on Rondo/Stevens to make the playoffs, which imo, wouldn't be that hard in the East, still not sure, if it will convince Love tho..
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Rosque
Analyst

Post#676 » by Rosque » Wed May 21, 2014 4:19 pm

AgentGreen wrote:

If Love doesnt come and we cant make no trade for another starplayer, then yeah i'd trade Rondo for that 7th pick + fillers

Mitch inside me is waking up. Rondo-Kobe-Melo. Damn. Would you guys take Nash as expiring?
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
Murta
Sixth Man
And1: 1,823

Post#677 » by Murta » Wed May 21, 2014 5:24 pm

The way Memphis situation is unfolding, I wouldn't be surprised if Marc Gasol came to front office and told them he won't re-sign. Right now, they are looking like they're being run by Dolan.

Comes in Mr. Ainge. :D
AgentGreen
Head Coach

Post#678 » by AgentGreen » Wed May 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Rosque wrote:
AgentGreen wrote:

Mitch inside me is waking up. Rondo-Kobe-Melo. Damn. Would you guys take Nash as expiring?

Yeah, no problem would take Nash in that deal.. Wont harm us because we will be in a rebuild mode.
AgentGreen
Head Coach

Post#679 » by AgentGreen » Wed May 21, 2014 5:34 pm

Murta wrote:The way Memphis situation is unfolding, I wouldn't be surprised if Marc Gasol came to front office and told them he won't re-sign. Right now, they are looking like they're being run by Dolan.

Comes in Mr. Ainge. :D

Imagine this Rondo, Afflalo, Green, Love, Gasol. So much offense, and good defense too that team will be in contention for the top seed.

But what will it take to get Gasol? The Nets/Clips picks we have left after the Love deal, those go to Memphis? Ofcourse i would offer our own future picks, those Nets picks will be to valuable in the future.
Rosque
Analyst

Post#680 » by Rosque » Wed May 21, 2014 5:36 pm

AgentGreen wrote:
Rosque wrote:
AgentGreen wrote:

Yeah, no problem would take Nash in that deal.. Wont harm us because we will be in a rebuild mode.

He retires if he was to be traded. So yeah. Thanks for answering :)

Return to Boston Celtics