ImageImageImage

2014 Celtics off season Thread

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Froob, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts

AgentGreen
Head Coach
And1: 3,479

Re: 2014 Draft Night Trades+Off Season Trade Ideas/Moves Thr 

Post#681 » by AgentGreen » Wed May 21, 2014 5:36 pm

Boston34Bg wrote:
Bar Fight wrote:
Boston34Bg wrote:http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zh7QkHhTAjE/U3y9cYDyv3I/AAAAAAAAA9o/MjcdKgxjx8g/s1600/Screen+Shot+2014-05-21+at+10.53.15+AM.png

Ainge going hard... I think this significantly increases our chances of lading Love, but then again losing him to LAL... which would be devaststing.. I'm not really sure how I feel about this as picks are really valueable and if Love leaves we will be stuck in the lottery for a decade, that said Ainge is a gamer :D

Danny is **** desperate right now. Just keep the pick. What good is trading for Love, still missing the Playoffs, and losing him for nothing the following year?

This would be a huge pressure on Rondo/Stevens to make the playoffs, which imo, wouldn't be that hard in the East, still not sure, if it will convince Love tho..

I think that Love will be very happy enough when we reach the playoffs. He seems like a down to earth fella, and he probably knows that he is just 25 and if he gives Ainge more time, he could be competing for a ring already in his 2nd year over here or the 3rd.
AgentGreen
Head Coach
And1: 3,479

Post#682 » by AgentGreen » Wed May 21, 2014 5:37 pm

Rosque wrote:
AgentGreen wrote:
Rosque wrote:
Mitch inside me is waking up. Rondo-Kobe-Melo. Damn. Would you guys take Nash as expiring?

Yeah, no problem would take Nash in that deal.. Wont harm us because we will be in a rebuild mode.

He retires if he was to be traded. So yeah. Thanks for answering :)

No problem dude.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,426

Post#683 » by tiderulz » Wed May 21, 2014 6:07 pm

CelticFaninLBC wrote:Rumor is that Orlando's interested in David Lee, but I can't see Orlando dealing the #4 pick for Lee, and #12 probably isn't enough for GSW, unless they get Affalo too, while moving Thompson to Minny.

Anyways, considering that Orlando is looking for a pf, perhaps they can be part of a 3 way deal, and take on Sullinger, and give another asset or 2 to Minnesota, while Minnesota drafts either Randle, Vonleh, Saric or Gordon @ #6.

a rumor strictly from a GSW writers point of view. Orlando has no interest in Lee. We need a defensive, shot blocking PF. Lee is not that.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,986

Post#684 » by 165bows » Wed May 21, 2014 6:09 pm

tiderulz wrote:
CelticFaninLBC wrote:Rumor is that Orlando's interested in David Lee, but I can't see Orlando dealing the #4 pick for Lee, and #12 probably isn't enough for GSW, unless they get Affalo too, while moving Thompson to Minny.

Anyways, considering that Orlando is looking for a pf, perhaps they can be part of a 3 way deal, and take on Sullinger, and give another asset or 2 to Minnesota, while Minnesota drafts either Randle, Vonleh, Saric or Gordon @ #6.

a rumor strictly from a GSW writers point of view. Orlando has no interest in Lee. We need a defensive, shot blocking PF. Lee is not that.

Yeah, that seemed really, really random as a fit. Age, cost, skill set, etc.
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,410

Post#685 » by theman » Wed May 21, 2014 6:16 pm

Assumming Danny gets Love without giving up KO, wouldn't an Olynik to OKC for Steve Adams make a lot of sense. OKC needs another scorer when Serge is out and Celtics would definitely need more defense.
'At the beginning of a dynasty, taxation yields large revenues from small assessments. At the end of a dynasty, taxation yields small revenues from large assessments'. - Ibn Khaldun
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#686 » by 15th overall » Wed May 21, 2014 6:30 pm

Wyc interview with Felger and Mazz in 10 minutes (2:40 EST)
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,656

Post#687 » by Higgs Boston » Wed May 21, 2014 6:55 pm

For me It's very simple:

Love stay in boston: boston sign another great player, as minimum marc gasol or similar, marc gasol is the player most feasible
Love does not want stay in boston: rondo + love + nothing
bs_and_cs
Analyst
And1: 2,844

Post#688 » by bs_and_cs » Wed May 21, 2014 7:01 pm

Hypothetical: How much more would you pay if Minnesota was willing to trade us Kevin Love AND take on Gerald Wallace?
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#689 » by Kefa461 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:21 pm

Like to see a Celtic/Rocket/Minny 3 way trade made........

8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
GreenMachine
Head Coach
And1: 998

Post#690 » by GreenMachine » Wed May 21, 2014 9:15 pm

theman wrote:Assumming Danny gets Love without giving up KO, wouldn't an Olynik to OKC for Steve Adams make a lot of sense. OKC needs another scorer when Serge is out and Celtics would definitely need more defense.

OKC is VERY high on Adams. I don't see them making this move. For the Celtics... HELL YES! Love Kelly... but Adams is going to be a solid starting Center in this league for a long long time...
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,341

Post#691 » by Marvel » Wed May 21, 2014 11:05 pm

With Memphis free falling...it looks like with the Joerger to Minny rumours and all the other BS, could Marc be available? I think Danny could certainly intrigue them with an offer.
3Pac
Banned User
And1: 213

Post#692 » by 3Pac » Thu May 22, 2014 12:08 am

bs_and_cs wrote:Hypothetical: How much more would you pay if Minnesota was willing to trade us Kevin Love AND take on Gerald Wallace?

a lot

MELOOOO
GreenMachine
Head Coach
And1: 998

Post#693 » by GreenMachine » Thu May 22, 2014 12:12 am

3Pac wrote:
bs_and_cs wrote:Hypothetical: How much more would you pay if Minnesota was willing to trade us Kevin Love AND take on Gerald Wallace?

a lot

MELOOOO

And when you don't get Melo... you just waisted assets to clear cap space that... you can't use.

I don't understand the infatuation with giving up assets to unload Wallace. If we have a deal in place and NEED that money, sure. Otherwise, if we need some money to sign a non-max Free Agent... use the stretch provision. Otherwise just wait it out.
crosko42
Starter
And1: 681

Post#694 » by crosko42 » Thu May 22, 2014 12:13 am

3Pac wrote:

a lot

MELOOOO

We can just stretch wallace and still get melo (that means no bradley/bayless/ect)

You could wait to do it until you had an agreement with Melo, then you renounce your guys, stretch wallace, ect.
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,281

Post#695 » by DarkAzcura » Thu May 22, 2014 12:37 am

Marvel wrote:With Memphis free falling...it looks like with the Joerger to Minny rumours and all the other BS, could Marc be available? I think Danny could certainly intrigue them with an offer.

Doubt it. There was rumors that the owner had conversations with the players, and the players didn't like the direction the team was heading in. Hence firing the GM and bringing Chris Wallace back in. Maybe the players will get angry if their coach actually leaves, but I dunno. If anyone is safe in Memphis, it's Gasol, imo. There'd have to be an even bigger fall out in the front office for Gasol to be on the block.
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,363

Post#696 » by darrendaye » Thu May 22, 2014 12:37 am

At this point, if the picks don't get traded for Love, I go the trade back route with Charlotte. I think a deal of the #6 for the #9 and #23 makes sense (unless Ainge truly has a group of 6 he "loves")

If Saric is passed on by Utah, he would seem a decent fit for Charlotte. If Boston trades back to 9, the target would be Nurkic, but even if another team takes him, the other options appear to be on a similar tier before another slight dropoff. Those include: Gordon, Randle, Vonleh, and Smart. Two of the group will still be there at 9.

With the #23 pick, you've got options. Double dip at #17 and #23, use both to trade up to grab a target player, or trade it to a team willing to deal a 2015 1st rounder for it (possibly even get a 2014 2nd in the process).
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,281

Post#697 » by DarkAzcura » Thu May 22, 2014 12:39 am

darrendaye wrote:At this point, if the picks don't get traded for Love, I go the trade back route with Charlotte. I think a deal of the #6 for the #9 and #23 makes sense (unless Ainge truly has a group of 6 he "loves")

If Saric is passed on by Utah, he would seem a decent fit for Charlotte. If Boston trades back to 9, the target would be Nurkic, but even if another team takes him, the other options appear to be on a similar tier before another slight dropoff. Those include: Gordon, Randle, Vonleh, and Smart. Two of the group will still be there at 9.

With the #23 pick, you've got options. Double dip at #17 and #23, use both to trade up to grab a target player, or trade it to a team willing to deal a 2015 1st rounder for it (possibly even get a 2014 2nd in the process).

Yeah, I'd also consider trading Rondo if Love is 100% off the table for us. Honestly can't believe I was ever going to say that..but yeah..
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,931

Post#698 » by reload141 » Thu May 22, 2014 12:39 am

Nothing.

Look at it this way.

Sullinger + Bass + Wallace + Bogans (5th pick and a Nets pick) for Love + Budinger + Martin

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p3m3au5

Basically it saves the Wolves 11mil and cuts the deals shorter by a year.

We are actually doing them a favour with trading Wallace for those two guys.

P.S. What do people think if Embiid slips through to 76er's at 3 what would we need to trade up to get him?
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,656

Post#699 » by Higgs Boston » Thu May 22, 2014 12:57 am

reload141 wrote:

Nothing.

Look at it this way.

Sullinger + Bass + Wallace + Bogans (5th pick and a Nets pick) for Love + Budinger + Martin

P.S. What do people think if Embiid slips through to 76er's at 3 what would we need to trade up to get him?

Sorry but martin + budinger is horrible, even more than wallace. Do this and having to give a pick it's crazy.

Budinger 5 million 2 years
Martin 7 million 3 years
And
Wallace 10 million 2 years.
I prefer to stay to wallace before trading with martin + budinger. In summer 2015 Wallace is a marketable player + round, martin and budinger probably not.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,931

Post#700 » by reload141 » Thu May 22, 2014 1:01 am

Higgs Boston wrote:
reload141 wrote:

Nothing.

Look at it this way.

Sorry but martin + budinger is horrible, even more than wallace. Do this and having to give a pick it's crazy.

Budinger 5 million 2 years
Martin 7 million 3 years
And
Wallace 10 million 2 years.
I prefer to stay to wallace before trading with martin + budinger. In summer 2015 Wallace is a marketable player + round, martin and budinger probably not.

Actually i'm just answering what he originally asked, what more would we have to pay for them to take Wallace... and i think it's nothing. The original deal is Sully + 2 picks bass + bogans for Love...they may want us to take on long term salary... and i don't mind Martin and Budinger as much as some, we don't exactly have a scoring punch at the moment so Martin as the 6th man and Budinger to back up Green isn't that bad.

Return to Boston Celtics