ImageImageImage

2014 Celtics off season Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

campybatman
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Re: 2014 Draft Night Trades+Off Season Trade Ideas/Moves Thr 

Post#721 » by campybatman » Fri May 23, 2014 5:21 am

In my opinion, I can't see Cleveland passing on Wiggins with Deng being a free agent. Not to mention, the tandem of Wiggins and Irving could be the eastern conference's answer to Durant and Westbrook. Moreover, if I'm Orlando, I think you win now with Smart. That is, they're a good first round pick and one or two savvy trades away from being a real threat in the eastern conference next season.

Cleveland - Andrew Wiggins
Milwaukee - Joel Embiid
Philadelphia - Jabari Parker
Orlando - Marcus Smart
Utah - Dante Exum
Boston - Julius Randle
Los Angeles Lakers - Noah Vonleh
Sacramento - Aaron Gordon
Charlotte - James Young
Philadelphia - Nik Stauskas
Denver - Zach LaVine
Orlando - Dario Saric
Minnesota - Adreian Payne
Phoenix - Doug McDermott

Here are my alternative choices for the top six picks based on what I've read...

Cleveland - Andrew Wiggins
Milwaukee - Dante Exum
Philadelphia - Jabari Parker
Orlando - Marcus Smart
Boston - Joel Embiid (Boston trades #6 and #17 to Utah in exchange for #5 and #35)
Philadelphia - Aaron Gordon (Philadelphia trades #10 and #39 to Utah in exchange for #6)

Utah will own the tenth and the seventeenth first round picks, as well as the thirty-ninth second round pick.

Philadelphia will own the third and sixth first round picks, as well as the thirty-second, forty-seventh, fifty-second and fifty-fourth second round picks.

Boston will own the fifth first round pick, as well as the thirty-fifth second round pick.
Avalanche
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,498

Post#722 » by Avalanche » Fri May 23, 2014 5:25 am

I know there was a lot of talk about the Magic being high on Smart last year.. i wonder if we could trade up for #4 and get Exum if Smart was still on the board at 6
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#723 » by 15th overall » Fri May 23, 2014 6:45 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/status/469660353001828352[/tweet]

This could potentially lead to Dion becoming available.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#724 » by teerfour+40LG » Fri May 23, 2014 11:24 pm

15th overall wrote:This could potentially lead to Dion becoming available.

Amico doesn't have an credibility doe.

Anyway, would you guys take Ben McLemore for Avery Bradley?
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,982

Jeff Green + 3.2 Million Cash to Charlotte for the #9 Pick 

Post#725 » by Jammer » Sat May 24, 2014 1:15 am

What do you guys think the chances are Charlotte Bobcats would do

Jeff Green + $3.2 Million Cash for the #9 pick?

Charlotte will have the cap space to just accept Green without sending a player back.

Charlotte doesn't have a stretch Four or a decent backup behind Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

Would Charlotte do this trade?
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,639

Re: Jeff Green + 3.2 Million Cash to Charlotte for the #9 Pi 

Post#726 » by Higgs Boston » Sat May 24, 2014 2:30 pm

Jammer wrote:What do you guys think the chances are Charlotte Bobcats would do

Jeff Green + $3.2 Million Cash for the #9 pick?

Charlotte will have the cap space to just accept Green without sending a player back.

Charlotte doesn't have a stretch Four or a decent backup behind Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

Would Charlotte do this trade?

Is impossible, green + pick17 at minimum, but I doubt very much that Charlotte accept this deal.
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,982

Post#727 » by Jammer » Sat May 24, 2014 6:27 pm

I just realized that Charlotte won't do this trade by going on the Charlotte Board and reading the posts there.

They have three separate threads, one for Nik Staukas, one for Gary Harris, and one for James Young.

It seems Charlotte desperately wants more outside shooting, and an upgrade to Gerald Henderson.
I thought they needed a stretch Four and Big Three, but it looks like
Charlotte is set at #9 choosing between Staukas, Harris and Young.

The sentiment there seems to be that Harris is the equal of Gerald Henderson as a shooter (exact same percentages this season across the board). But their culture is defense. I think they are leaning to Staukas at #9, but Young and and to a lesser extent Harris have supporters as well.

Personally I think the same debate may apply to Boston at #6.

McDermott, to me, is a "tweener" without a true NBA positon. And McDermott is slow.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#728 » by TheOGJabroni » Sat May 24, 2014 6:50 pm

darrendaye wrote:
CsBsSoxPhins wrote:
Celtics receive: Kevin Love
Wolves receive: Kelly Olynyk, Jared Sullinger, Brandon Bass, Phil Pressey, Vitor Faverani, Nos. 6 and 17 picks in 2014, Celtics’ first-round pick in 2016

Here, the Wolves are basically getting the picks and then a bunch of cap filler and former first-rounders. There’s no reason to pretend Olynyk and Sullinger would be pieces for the Wolves at all. Being a Wolves fan since they've come into the NBA, I am pretty good at recognizing overvalued first-round picks who won’t be as good as you hope they are. This is about the picks, and with Nos. 6, 13 and 17 in this draft, they could load up or move up.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_ ... id=espnsoc

That's the most I've seen as a potential offer for Love, wow :o

Wait. This person gets paid for his opinions? Bar keeps getting set lower and lower. Did he even bother to look (or have the intelligence to process) that the Celtics have much better "filler" if he is so underwhelmed with Sully and KO?

I appreciate the time it takes to research and devise trade packages for all 29 teams, but if you're going to voluntarily undertake the task, do it right. Next time, slow down spaz.

I completely agree. He should have limited it to like, 10 teams. Ones that even have a chance. Really research them, as opposed to making jokes about half of them.
Kenhov
Senior
And1: 269

Post#729 » by Kenhov » Sat May 24, 2014 7:35 pm

I lifted this from the trades forum. What do you guys think ?

CLE trades #1
CLE gets #6, #7, #17

Why? Cavs use multiple picks stock front court to go with Kyrie, Waiters

BOS trades Rondo, #6, #17
BOS gets #1

Why? Boston consolidates assets to go for elite prospect

LAL trade #7
LAL get Rondo

Why? Acquire a second established star to go with Kobe then use cap space to draw another.

What next for Boston.

Draft Rondo. Pick up number 8 / 9 pick via trade (Green and a pick ?) and pickup either Marcus Smart or Tyler Ennis.

Smart / Ennis
Bradley
Pierce
Sullinger
Embiid

That team would be a WIP.
CelticFaninLBC
RealGM
And1: 3,144

Post#730 » by CelticFaninLBC » Sat May 24, 2014 9:25 pm

3 Trades (Not sure if this works under the CBA, but have seen other's post separate deals with Houston)

Love for Bass, Anthony, Sully, #6 pick, and Boston's 2015 and 2016 picks. (Need to hang onto those BKN picks)

Pierce TPE for Asik and Montiejunas

Bogans & 3 non-guaranteeds for Lin & Garcia (Houston clears cap space, and can make a run @ Melo, and the Celtics don't have to deal a 1st by taking on Lin's deal).

Draft LaVine @ 17.

Starting 5: Asik, Love, Green, Bradley (resigned for cheap), Rondo
Bench: Fav, Olynyk, Montie, Wallace, Garcia, LaVine, Lin, ???
GreenMachine
Head Coach
And1: 998

Post#731 » by GreenMachine » Sat May 24, 2014 9:50 pm

Jammer wrote:I just realized that Charlotte won't do this trade by going on the Charlotte Board and reading the posts there.

They have three separate threads, one for Nik Staukas, one for Gary Harris, and one for James Young.

It seems Charlotte desperately wants more outside shooting, and an upgrade to Gerald Henderson.

The sentiment there seems to be that Harris is the equal of Gerald Henderson as a shooter (exact same percentages this season across the board). But their culture is defense. I think they are leaning to Staukas at #9, but Young and and to a lesser extent Harris have supporters as well.

McDermott, to me, is a "tweener" without a true NBA positon. And McDermott is slow.

Since when does the opinion of message board posters mean anything? If that was the case we would have an All Rookie starting lineup every single year. Then trade them and do it again the next year. Posters love the allure of the unknown... which in the NBA is draft picks.

But regardless... no, I doubt their front office does that trade.
BfB
Analyst
And1: 3,118

Post#732 » by BfB » Sun May 25, 2014 1:59 am

GreenMachine wrote:
Jammer wrote:I just realized that Charlotte won't do this trade by going on the Charlotte Board and reading the posts there.

Since when does the opinion of message board posters mean anything? If that was the case we would have an All Rookie starting lineup every single year. Then trade them and do it again the next year. Posters love the allure of the unknown... which in the NBA is draft picks.

But regardless... no, I doubt their front office does that trade.

Charlotte is building a playoof team, Al Jefferson gives them a window to add vets while developing their already young core. I think they'd trade down for a vet, but I don't know if that guy is Jeff Green.
BakersDozen
General Manager
And1: 728

Post#733 » by BakersDozen » Sun May 25, 2014 3:51 pm

I wonder if Randle is still on the board when we pick if Orlando would be interested in a deal revolving around Sully and 17 for Afflalo and Nelson. Draft Randle with 6 and then make a move for Asik.
dsorc
Pro Prospect
And1: 91

Post#734 » by dsorc » Sun May 25, 2014 7:59 pm

Higgs Boston wrote:Marc gasol also could be available, memphis is in crisis

If we miss out on Love, I could see us offering #6 for him. Would be a nice consolation prize plus give us a Center like we have needed for a while.
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,018

Post#735 » by darrendaye » Mon May 26, 2014 4:23 pm

In the unlikely even that the Cavs pass on Embiid and by in hard on the freak factor and take Wiggins, and if, say, Embiid and Exum send out vibes that they don't want any part of Milwaukee, do you think you could tempt them to deal the #3 pick for the #6 and a modestly protected Celtics 2015 1st? Perhaps top 3-4 only?

I think for Milwaukee, it's tempting. They take the drop from Embiid to Smart, but they gain a great gamble play for 2015. Parker would be the only other possible regret for them.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
zronv7
Starter
And1: 1,191

Post#736 » by zronv7 » Mon May 26, 2014 8:00 pm

Cavs: Embiid
Bucks: Parker
sixers: Wiggins
Magic: Exum
Utah: randle, smart?

If Utah doesn't draft smart I can see Ainge getting him, converting him to a SG next to Rondo. That way they don't have to re-sign Bradley and have almost maximum cap space in 2 or 3 years depending on what happens with Wallace and green's 3rd year option allowing Ainge to hand out a couple max contracts
captainrebel
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#737 » by captainrebel » Mon May 26, 2014 8:39 pm

Would Celtics fans be interested in reuniting Rondo with Josh Smith? What would you do to facilitate such deal? Just curious…
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,018

Post#738 » by darrendaye » Mon May 26, 2014 9:09 pm

captainrebel wrote:Would Celtics fans be interested in reuniting Rondo with Josh Smith? What would you do to facilitate such deal? Just curious…

Don't think there's a deal to be worked out. Smith has made himself such a poor offensive fit by insisting on shooting perimeter shots. Yes, can also fit a defensive need. But, Green knows his role offensively and allows great spacing. Defensively he can tune it up, but like his scoring, the activity level is inconsistent. So to switch one for the other is a difficult enough choice for the C's considering the length of Smith's contract. That's really all I could see them offering, Green for Smith. And personally, I don't buy into the possible "chemistry" between Rondo and Smith enough to have faith Smith will have an offensive epiphany.

As for Rondo going the other way? Losing your 1st round pick lost you a lot of leverage. It really only makes any sense for the Celts to do it for Drummond. Throw in the #17 if need be. But that's how I'd approach it.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
John B
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#739 » by John B » Mon May 26, 2014 9:14 pm

I know everyone wants Love, but if that doesn't come to fruition what about using the 10.3 trade exception with 17th pick and maybe a future pick to get Larry Sanders, and picking Vonleh at 6, now you got 6'11 center with 7'7 wingspan who is an athletic defensive juggernaut and is still growing as a player and hasn't reached his max potential yet, and you would have a 6'10 power forward with a 7'4 wingspan (and still growing) who has a good offensive game and can potentially come into his own as a great defender/rebounder with that type of length, now you got a young athletic skilled front court as long as Sanders can keep his head on straight
Justin33
Sixth Man
And1: 1,067

Post#740 » by Justin33 » Mon May 26, 2014 9:18 pm

darrendaye wrote:
captainrebel wrote:Would Celtics fans be interested in reuniting Rondo with Josh Smith? What would you do to facilitate such deal? Just curious…

Don't think there's a deal to be worked out. Smith has made himself such a poor offensive fit by insisting on shooting perimeter shots. Yes, can also fit a defensive need. But, Green knows his role offensively and allows great spacing. Defensively he can tune it up, but like his scoring, the activity level is inconsistent. So to switch one for the other is a difficult enough choice for the C's considering the length of Smith's contract. That's really all I could see them offering, Green for Smith. And personally, I don't buy into the possible "chemistry" between Rondo and Smith enough to have faith Smith will have an offensive epiphany.

As for Rondo going the other way? Losing your 1st round pick lost you a lot of leverage. It really only makes any sense for the Celts to do it for Drummond. Throw in the #17 if need be. But that's how I'd approach it.

You could offer Rondo,6,17,and any one Nets pick for Drummond and Detroit still laughs at the Celtics

Return to Boston Celtics