ImageImageImage

Fire Brad Stevens.

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Re: Fire Brad Stevens. 

Post#721 » by cloverleaf » Thu Jun 3, 2021 4:15 pm

ParticleMan wrote:I've gotta think they've promised Zarren a bigger role in decision making. Otherwise he would be pissed at being passed over, and would probably be looking to leave now (which for all I know he may well be, but it doesn't seem like it for now). Brad is a more of a figurehead than Ainge. I think Comedian even mentioned something like this in one of his Com bombs.

On 98.5 this morning Danny talked about Wyc asking Danny for suggestions on who might be good candidates for his replacement and seeing that Wyc wasn't excited about anyone, but he said that when Wyc talked to Brad and that idea came up that Wyc was excited to have Brad in that role. I could see Wyc conveniently talking himself into that, since he seems to like working with those he knows he's already comfortable with. (Hello, Steven A.!)
moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Post#722 » by moonie_mcgee » Thu Jun 3, 2021 11:18 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
ParticleMan wrote:I've gotta think they've promised Zarren a bigger role in decision making. Otherwise he would be pissed at being passed over, and would probably be looking to leave now (which for all I know he may well be, but it doesn't seem like it for now). Brad is a more of a figurehead than Ainge. I think Comedian even mentioned something like this in one of his Com bombs.

On 98.5 this morning Danny talked about Wyc asking Danny for suggestions on who might be good candidates for his replacement and seeing that Wyc wasn't excited about anyone, but he said that when Wyc talked to Brad and that idea came up that Wyc was excited to have Brad in that role. I could see Wyc conveniently talking himself into that, since he seems to like working with those he knows he's already comfortable with. (Hello, Steven A.!)

I heard on 96.3 on my ride home tonight that the focus is on a replacement coach, and the gm spot was being downplayed. That's a bad sign. I was hoping he'd be more of a figurehead in an advisory role before he moves on. Any more info?
That's the Way of the World
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,445

Post#723 » by djFan71 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:36 am

I feel like this one's done and everyone can use the other thread to discuss things.

Starting the countdown to the fire PBOP Stevens thread..... now!

Return to Boston Celtics