ImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Vorikan
Junior
And1: 77

Re: Official Trade Thread 

Post#801 » by Vorikan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:46 pm

Would you take a risk for Amar'e Stoudemire,something like this maybe ?
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a7osygl
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#802 » by Cashin out » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:51 pm

You guys need a big guy, Dwight is on the trading block.

What would you guys give up for D12?
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 64,637

Post#803 » by Celts17Pride » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:52 pm

Cashin out wrote:You guys need a big guy, Dwight is on the trading block.

Green, Bass and Terry
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,721

Post#804 » by ddb » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:05 pm

Here's an idea I came up with that is risky but keeps the core + young pieces together in Boston. This deal would be 100% contingent on how Denver feels about having J McGee locked up long-term. Are they regretful of signing him to a large, long-term deal?? Are they open to dealing him for the right package??

The deal would like this:

Bass, Lee (or Terry), Fab Melo and a 2013 1st rd pick to Denver in exchange for McGee and Randolph.

Why for Boston: The Celts are at a point where a shake up is needed. This deal is a shake up. It's risky from a BBall IQ standpoint because both McGee and Randolph have questionnable basketball minds...But from a pure talent and upside standpoint the Celtics are the clear cut winners of this trade. McGee would start at Center and have 2 jobs....Protect the rim and rebound...Playing with KG could be a blessing for this kid. He's super long, which the Celtics desperatly need.. He gives Rondo the Opp to his Ally... I think McGee could turn himself into Boston's version of Tyson Chandler. Remember, it took Chandler some time to develop too. Boston could be the place for McGee.
Anthony Randolph has bounced around and teased coaches with his length and talent but I'd like to see how he does in Boston. He's another guy who could really benefit from playing with Rondo and KG. He's 6'11 with good handle and only 23. He's not playing in Denver. In Boston he'd give the 2nd unit some length..

Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, Garnett, McGee are your starters. Barbosa, Lee/Terry (whoever isn't traded), Green, Sullinger, Randolph. Stick Randolph in the post and let him use his pogo stick talent keep loose balls alive and get easy put back dunks and Ally-oops from Rondo.

Why For Denver: George Karl has his favorites and McGee and Randolph are not part of his group of favorites. Faried is maning the PF spot without much help behind him. It's no secret that they're looking for a pick n pop PF who can knock down that 12 foot jumper. with the style they play that 12 foot J is always open and Bass is a guy who with a fresh environment and opportunity could regain the caliber of play that he established last season.
They'd also get OUT OF a BIG contract given to McGee that has 4 years left and over 40 million. Exchange that with Fab Melo who'll be on a rookie scale contract and can be brought along slowly along with some of Denvers other young pieces (Fournier, Hamilton, Q Miller). If nothing else they gain another trade chip for down the road. And Lee OR Terry gives them a veteran wing player and depth at the 2 which they'll need against a rugged Western conference come playoff time. and who doesn't like draft picks? Denver gets another pick...

to me this deal makes sense for both sides.
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#805 » by Cashin out » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:08 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:

Green, Bass and Terry

Replace Green with Sullinger and you have a deal.
UConn celt
Senior
And1: 70

Post#806 » by UConn celt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:13 pm

Cashin out wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:

Green, Bass and Terry

Really? Deal.
tfmiii
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,268

Post#807 » by tfmiii » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:58 pm

Cashin out wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:

Green, Bass and Terry

probably need to add sullinger, as green needs to be in deal for salary
tfmiii
Assistant Coach

Post#808 » by tfmiii » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:59 pm

ddb wrote:Here's an idea I came up with that is risky but keeps the core + young pieces together in Boston. This deal would be 100% contingent on how Denver feels about having J McGee locked up long-term. Are they regretful of signing him to a large, long-term deal?? Are they open to dealing him for the right package??

Bass, Lee (or Terry), Fab Melo and a 2013 1st rd pick to Denver in exchange for McGee and Randolph.

Why for Boston: The Celts are at a point where a shake up is needed. This deal is a shake up. It's risky from a BBall IQ standpoint because both McGee and Randolph have questionnable basketball minds...But from a pure talent and upside standpoint the Celtics are the clear cut winners of this trade. McGee would start at Center and have 2 jobs....Protect the rim and rebound...Playing with KG could be a blessing for this kid. He's super long, which the Celtics desperatly need.. He gives Rondo the Opp to his Ally... I think McGee could turn himself into Boston's version of Tyson Chandler. Remember, it took Chandler some time to develop too. Boston could be the place for McGee.
Anthony Randolph has bounced around and teased coaches with his length and talent but I'd like to see how he does in Boston. He's another guy who could really benefit from playing with Rondo and KG. He's 6'11 with good handle and only 23. He's not playing in Denver. In Boston he'd give the 2nd unit some length..

Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, Garnett, McGee are your starters. Barbosa, Lee/Terry (whoever isn't traded), Green, Sullinger, Randolph. Stick Randolph in the post and let him use his pogo stick talent keep loose balls alive and get easy put back dunks and Ally-oops from Rondo.

Why For Denver: George Karl has his favorites and McGee and Randolph are not part of his group of favorites. Faried is maning the PF spot without much help behind him. It's no secret that they're looking for a pick n pop PF who can knock down that 12 foot jumper. with the style they play that 12 foot J is always open and Bass is a guy who with a fresh environment and opportunity could regain the caliber of play that he established last season.
They'd also get OUT OF a BIG contract given to McGee that has 4 years left and over 40 million. Exchange that with Fab Melo who'll be on a rookie scale contract and can be brought along slowly along with some of Denvers other young pieces (Fournier, Hamilton, Q Miller). If nothing else they gain another trade chip for down the road. And Lee OR Terry gives them a veteran wing player and depth at the 2 which they'll need against a rugged Western conference come playoff time. and who doesn't like draft picks? Denver gets another pick...

sorry don't see Denver making this deal for our scraps and a pick
Turgon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,607

Post#809 » by Turgon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:03 pm

ddb wrote:Here's an idea I came up with that is risky but keeps the core + young pieces together in Boston. This deal would be 100% contingent on how Denver feels about having J McGee locked up long-term. Are they regretful of signing him to a large, long-term deal?? Are they open to dealing him for the right package??

I like that trade, even if McGee is the dumbest player ever to set foot on a NBA court.
Still, I think Denver would ask for Sully instead of Melo+pick.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,721

Post#810 » by ddb » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:04 pm

^^^ they would if they felt like they made a big mistake extending him to big money, long-term.

It would be no different then a team coming to us saying we'll give you a couple assets and players for Jeff Green. ainge might consider it.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 59,150

Post#811 » by Froob » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:22 pm

Cashin out wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:

Green, Bass and Terry

I really really hope you are Mitch Kupchak.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#812 » by Slartibartfast » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:22 pm

Pierce for Pau and Bass for Ariza are the two moves I'd be looking at right now.

I think Pau would give us steadier offensive production at the 5 than Pierce. Ariza would give our perimeter defense a boost.
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#813 » by ermocrate » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:Pierce for Pau and Bass for Ariza are the two moves I'd be looking at right now.

I think Pau would give us steadier offensive production at the 5 than Pierce. Ariza would give our perimeter defense a boost.

I would prefer Dwight instead of Pau... Bradley-Lee-Ariza-KG-Howard is a lineup that can't allow you to score...
"Negativity in this town sucks"
CelticFaninLBC
General Manager
And1: 3,068

Post#814 » by CelticFaninLBC » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:43 pm

jfs1000d wrote:I think pierce should go. And, this is the first time I advocated it. But, we aren't contenders, and I think he woukd fetch a good player. To me pierce to clips for bledsoe, butler and salary works out great for both teams. Then, trade rondo for a big and start bledsoe Bradley backcourt.

Or, a pierce for gasol trade makes so much sense if it wasn't lakers and celtics.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

KG & Pierce for Jordan, Odom, Butler & Bledsoe would work too, and perhaps Sac would be willing to enter as a 3rd team and deal Cousins to Boston...
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,193

Post#815 » by Darth Celtic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 pm

Can somebody tell me why a guy averaging 10pts, 5rb, and 2bs a game in only 18 mins a game with a per of 21, is still only getting 18mpg?
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
alex_fortress
Junior
And1: 42

Post#816 » by alex_fortress » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:43 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:Pierce for Pau and Bass for Ariza are the two moves I'd be looking at right now.

Pierce would be a good fit in D'antoni's system (where he likes to run Peace at the 4), plus he's from Inglewood and grew up a Lakers fan. Pau needs a change of scenery. In the Raptors game where Dwight was ejected, he thrived at the center position. But since the Lakers perimeter D has been their biggest problem, the deal would probably have to include Bradley.

Pau Gasol + small filler (Ebanks or Morris) for Paul Pierce + Avery Bradley.

Having Garnett back to PF with Gasol at the C would be scary. Gasol dominating in the low block, with KG taking open jumpshots. 2 elite and differently skilled big men that can rebound and would finally gives Green the staring job
tfmiii
Assistant Coach

Post#817 » by tfmiii » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:47 pm

ddb wrote:^^^ they would if they felt like they made a big mistake extending him to big money, long-term.

It would be no different then a team coming to us saying we'll give you a couple assets and players for Jeff Green. ainge might consider it.

i see your point, but i don't think denver feels that way, mcgee is cost controlled, he is coming off the bench so they can monitor his progress/encourage his progress thru his minutes... they are basically in a near ideal position to develop him.

Their core is young, they have time, no pressure to win it all this year as with the Celts

now if you wanted to trade for iggy, that might be different - he has not adjusted well to his new surroundings and is owed a ton of money
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#818 » by Slartibartfast » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:04 pm

alex_fortress wrote:

Pierce would be a good fit in D'antoni's system (where he likes to run Peace at the 4), plus he's from Inglewood and grew up a Lakers fan. Pau needs a change of scenery. In the Raptors game where Dwight was ejected, he thrived at the center position. But since the Lakers perimeter D has been their biggest problem, the deal would probably have to include Bradley.

Pau Gasol + small filler (Ebanks or Morris) for Paul Pierce + Avery Bradley.

Having Garnett back to PF with Gasol at the C would be scary. Gasol dominating in the low block, with KG taking open jumpshots. 2 elite and differently skilled big men that can rebound and would finally gives Green the staring job

Why are you sneaking Bradley in there? He's not a throw-in, no matter how much the Lakers would want him.
CelticFaninLBC
General Manager
And1: 3,068

Post#819 » by CelticFaninLBC » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:10 pm

If they're trading Pierce, get some young guys. Gasol doesn't have many good years left, and they're not contenders, if they move Pierce anyways..
greenpierce
Pro Prospect
And1: 148

Post#820 » by greenpierce » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:12 pm

If you're talking Pierce for Pau... I go Pierce and Terry for Gasol and Blake.

The Lakers need shooting, and they need to get rid of Pau (or Howard.) I agree Pau at center with Garnett at PF would be amazing. Blake provides the playmaking of a back-up PG we've been lacking.

Return to Boston Celtics