ImageImageImage

Fire Ainge: Thanks Danny, but it's time to go

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Re: Fire Ainge: Thanks Danny, but it's time to go 

Post#881 » by JediMasterRevan » Fri May 28, 2021 11:50 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:
I mean the incident with Smart didn’t just happen recently. The fact that it wasn’t made more of a big deal at the time is something people should be upset about.

I’m more talking about him saying he hears fans calling players on other team racist slurs.

How is Marcus Smart hearing this type of garbage in games and not going completely nuclear? Did he call security to remove these fans or what? No way he just heard it and let it happen right? Because if it's disgusting and disappointing enough to know the people in the crowd are allowing this **** to happen(I know if I heard it we are scrapping straight away, no **** given), it would be worst if Smart and players were letting it slide also. I knew he had the encounter with the racist lady outside the arena, which I believe was non Celtics related, but this **** is going on regularly INSIDE the Garden? How? And this comes out after Ainge's interview? What is going on within this organization right now? Yikes.

BEcause Marcus is the type of guy to defend anyone he cares about, but not himself.
Because Marcus is an amazing dude.
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man

Post#882 » by JediMasterRevan » Fri May 28, 2021 11:59 am

JR Hawks
Starter
And1: 948

Post#883 » by JR Hawks » Fri May 28, 2021 1:31 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

Human decency isn’t politics.

YOUR OPINIONS on human decency are not necessarily human decency.

Racism is pretty cut and dry. Thanks for telling on yourself though.

This post is calling me a racist. Mods going to do the right thing according to forum rules?
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,817

Post#884 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Fri May 28, 2021 1:34 pm

If he stays, he needs to pick a path.

Either win now or tank and get rid of everybody besides JT and JB. Dude is half assing a win now mode while half assing a youth movement.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#885 » by Ernest » Fri May 28, 2021 1:53 pm

JR Hawks wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:

This post is calling me a racist. Mods going to do the right thing according to forum rules?

As a disgraced former mod he is above the law.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#886 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri May 28, 2021 4:11 pm

Ernest wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Remember when you begged me to stop responding to you. Then went to multiple different forums asking how you could ignore me. I remember.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#887 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri May 28, 2021 4:15 pm

JR Hawks wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:

A user said he feels bad Marcus Smart had to deal with racism. You said he was being political and an activist. He said human decency was not political. You said his opinion on human decency isnt human decency. In effect, him sympathizing with someone going through a de-humanizing experience was wrong in your eyes.

I’m sorry you're offended, but you’re telling on yourself. You’re also back-seat modding.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,506

Post#888 » by chrisab123 » Fri May 28, 2021 4:58 pm

Why does Ainge still have a job after yesterday? Awful
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#889 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri May 28, 2021 5:21 pm

MASAIIIIIII
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man

Post#890 » by JediMasterRevan » Fri May 28, 2021 5:23 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:MASAIIIIIII

Actually would be a good challenge for Masai.

Improve the negative stigma attached to the fanbase/city and bring glory back to the garden.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#891 » by Ernest » Fri May 28, 2021 6:04 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Ernest wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:

Remember when you begged me to stop responding to you. Then went to multiple different forums asking how you could ignore me. I remember.

I do remember that. It was after you were insulting someone and being a real jerk and I discovered that as a former mod there was no way I could block you. Then you started attacking me saying I was another poster who had been banned years ago, I guess in an effort to get me banned. So yeah, to answer the original question of if anyone is going to do anything, I'm sticking by my no.

It's just bad to go around calling people racist when they really aren't saying anything racist. There are enough real racists out there. If you have to make a whole paragraph to argue someone is racist for what they posted you should probably let it go.

Whatever really. I don't want to make a whole thing. We both like Smart, we shouldn't be fighting.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 27,066

Post#892 » by Green89 » Fri May 28, 2021 7:01 pm

chrisab123 wrote:Why does Ainge still have a job after yesterday? Awful

The Wyc-Danny-Brad triumvirate has to be broken first. Ownership must break this family like atmosphere, because it's not a sound way to do business.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#893 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri May 28, 2021 7:13 pm

Ernest wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Ernest wrote:

I do remember that. It was after you were insulting someone and being a real jerk and I discovered that as a former mod there was no way I could block you. Then you started attacking me saying I was another poster who had been banned years ago, I guess in an effort to get me banned. So yeah, to answer the original question of if anyone is going to do anything, I'm sticking by my no.

It's just bad to go around calling people racist when they really aren't saying anything racist. There are enough real racists out there. If you have to make a whole paragraph to argue someone is racist for what they posted you should probably let it go.

Whatever really. I don't want to make a whole thing. We both like Smart, we shouldn't be fighting.

I like it when people tell on themselves. Looks like you are too.
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,221

Post#894 » by druggas » Fri May 28, 2021 7:38 pm

Back on subject, it's time to let Danny bow out so that everyone can save face. An outside GM would bring in their own people and that would be a new beginning for this franchise. If Danny rejects that move, he might have to be persuaded. I think owners make deals all the time that we don't hear about. There's a deal out there with Danny's name on it.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,918

Post#895 » by BK_2020 » Fri May 28, 2021 7:55 pm

Maybe we get Rosas when he's fired by the Wolves.
KumaJG
Sixth Man
And1: 1,069

Post#896 » by KumaJG » Fri May 28, 2021 8:16 pm

Been on this train for a long time. 13 years and not much to show for it. Set the team Cs back with his win now & later sheneangins
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#897 » by BostonCouchGM » Fri May 28, 2021 9:03 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:
akhan786 wrote:Honestly heartbreaking reading this. Makes me seethe with anger and that’s not an emotion I’m used to
Read on Twitter
?s=21

And Smart has no reason in the world to make something like that up.

I don't think Racism will ever be fixed, no more than murder be fixed, or abuse etc. But it is disgusting and unfortunate and I fear that with continued discussion the way it has been happening lately will only produce more people that lean towards racist actions.

Also, I have a theory. I call it observational rage. And when a person gets angry they tend to yell out insults based upon visual cues.
Fat so and so
UGly so and so
gay/queer/etc so and so

I think that sometimes people yell things not necessarily based on prejudices but just the observation of what is driving the rage. And that requires a different treatment.

Nobody, IMO, should question POC who make claims for the most part. But there are some particular instances and people I feel deserve to be doubted with Kyrie, Smart, Lebron, Bubba Wallace, Myles Garrett, and Michael Bennett among them. As to why any, and Smart in particular, would lie, it’s pretty obvious. It’s the topic of our times and politicians and the media are doing their best to use it to divide us. I think some of these guys use it to justify their stupid actions and others to gain attention. In every instance the investigations proved their claims either didn’t happen, there was no evidence to support their contentions or it was misconstrued. I can’t stand Smart and haven’t since he lied about being called a racist slur to justify being a hot head and pushing that OS fan who called him a piece of ****. He seemingly bullied a young Jaylen, constantly flops, points fingers and the blame onto others even when he’s clearly at fault and has come unglued off the court. Like Kyrie he seems very unstable, so no, I don’t believe what he says just like with Kyrie. I hope I’m wrong though. Ainge definitely deserves to be fired but his comments were not tone-deaf
and are not be found on the list of reasons he needs to go. Do people think Ainge hangs out with the players off the court and is close with them? He’s not going to hear about anything unless a player or coach brings something to his attention. If that hadn’t happened, should Danny lie and claim it did to appease those with purity tests?
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,527

Post#898 » by Patsfan1081 » Fri May 28, 2021 10:51 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
I’m more talking about him saying he hears fans calling players on other team racist slurs.

How is Marcus Smart hearing this type of garbage in games and not going completely nuclear? Did he call security to remove these fans or what? No way he just heard it and let it happen right? Because if it's disgusting and disappointing enough to know the people in the crowd are allowing this **** to happen(I know if I heard it we are scrapping straight away, no **** given), it would be worst if Smart and players were letting it slide also. I knew he had the encounter with the racist lady outside the arena, which I believe was non Celtics related, but this **** is going on regularly INSIDE the Garden? How? And this comes out after Ainge's interview? What is going on within this organization right now? Yikes.

BEcause Marcus is the type of guy to defend anyone he cares about, but not himself.
Because Marcus is an amazing dude.

He ran into the stands because someone yelled something(still debated what to this day) at him in college, I don’t think he’s afraid of confrontation.
titlebound1
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,448

Post#899 » by titlebound1 » Sat May 29, 2021 3:00 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:
JediMasterRevan wrote:
akhan786 wrote:Honestly heartbreaking reading this. Makes me seethe with anger and that’s not an emotion I’m used to
Read on Twitter
?s=21

And Smart has no reason in the world to make something like that up.

I don't think Racism will ever be fixed, no more than murder be fixed, or abuse etc. But it is disgusting and unfortunate and I fear that with continued discussion the way it has been happening lately will only produce more people that lean towards racist actions.

Also, I have a theory. I call it observational rage. And when a person gets angry they tend to yell out insults based upon visual cues.
Fat so and so
UGly so and so
gay/queer/etc so and so

I think that sometimes people yell things not necessarily based on prejudices but just the observation of what is driving the rage. And that requires a different treatment.

Nobody, IMO, should question POC who make claims for the most part. But there are some particular instances and people I feel deserve to be doubted with Kyrie, Smart, Lebron, Bubba Wallace, Myles Garrett, and Michael Bennett among them. As to why any, and Smart in particular, would lie, it’s pretty obvious. It’s the topic of our times and politicians and the media are doing their best to use it to divide us. I think some of these guys use it to justify their stupid actions and others to gain attention. In every instance the investigations proved their claims either didn’t happen, there was no evidence to support their contentions or it was misconstrued. I can’t stand Smart and haven’t since he lied about being called a racist slur to justify being a hot head and pushing that OS fan who called him a piece of ****. He seemingly bullied a young Jaylen, constantly flops, points fingers and the blame onto others even when he’s clearly at fault and has come unglued off the court. Like Kyrie he seems very unstable, so no, I don’t believe what he says just like with Kyrie. I hope I’m wrong though. Ainge definitely deserves to be fired but his comments were not tone-deaf
and are not be found on the list of reasons he needs to go. Do people think Ainge hangs out with the players off the court and is close with them? He’s not going to hear about anything unless a player or coach brings something to his attention. If that hadn’t happened, should Danny lie and claim it did to appease those with purity tests?

People lie for all sorts of reasons. White people, black people, brown people, tan people.... Everyone
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,751

Post#900 » by return2glory » Sat May 29, 2021 5:28 am

Overall Danny has done a good job as GM throughout the years.

He had a really bad off season.

I said it months ago and I will say it again, let’s see if he can redeem himself this season with free agency and the draft.

Personally I feel he needs to move up in the draft with trading Brown or Smart ant getting into the 5-8 range. I really like Mitchell but that would mean we would have to move on from Kemba. Kemba might be hard to trade with his contract.

Return to Boston Celtics