ImageImageImage

Start Green at PF!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

klemen4
Head Coach
And1: 1,927

Start Green at PF! 

Post#1 » by klemen4 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:22 am

- Now that trade deadline is over and we got no big man this is the way to go imo.
- Whoever will get signed I doubt will be good enough to get regular rotation minutes at pf/c.
- T Williams is good enough to play some minutes off the bench (as point forward on offense, sf on defense) to replace Pierce, Lee can play some minutes at sf going small.

bradley/terry
lee/crawford
pierce/williams/lee
green/bass
kg/wilcox/bass
“The only important statistic is the final score.” — Bill Russell
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Re: Start Green at PF! 

Post#2 » by sully00 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:32 am

I love Jeff Green but not his rebounding or his defense at the 4. Brandon Bass drives me nuts but he sometimes rebounds and sacrifices hid body for the cause. But either way we don't need a 4 we need a 5.
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,425

Post#3 » by PierceFan4ever » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:33 am

Yes, we need to bench Brandon Ass. With Green we have more scoring option and the team can play at a faster pace. Green does need to do a better job at rebounding though but Bass himself is mediocre at it.
amaenaideyo
Junior
And1: 17

Post#4 » by amaenaideyo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:43 am

I like it... as long as crawford replaces green's offensive sparks off the bench. But I fear our bench D would be in the hands of terry-bass-crawford.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#5 » by sam_I_am » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:04 am

Green needs to play 36 min per game here on out. That means 18 min at 4 and 18 at 3. Wilcox and scrub to be named need to play 18-20 min mostly at 5 and maybe a few next to KG on occasion.
Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#6 » by Banks2Pierce » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:20 am

I agree with you. This was my first thought after the deadline went by today. KG is the defense. The player at the 4 hardly matters defensively when he is out there.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,690

Post#7 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:30 am

Banks2Pierce wrote: KG is the defense.

Bill Russell played 48 mins per game. However, if Bill Russell did walk through that door, he'd be old ...
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#8 » by 2Mas » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:20 am

^^ Yes. First Green needs to start so he can finally get his minutes!

Second Brandon Bass is our new worst player with Collins gone.

Third is that we only have Bass & Wilcox & they both should be coming off the bench.
FreeDrop
Pro Prospect
And1: 82

Post#9 » by FreeDrop » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:47 pm

I agree. And in certain matchips id start Wilcox. Bass should be coming off bench.
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,074

Post#10 » by Ben-N1ce » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Nothing really warrants Bass playing over Green. I will take Jeff's overall defense over a couple of Bass rebounds all day every day.
mdemers938
Junior
And1: 186

Post#11 » by mdemers938 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:37 pm

I agree 100%, get him in the starting lineup. Just a way better player.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#12 » by TheOGJabroni » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:47 pm

That would make a lot of sense, especially considering some of our competition in the east start SFs at the 4 anyway.
tombattor
General Manager
And1: 807

Post#13 » by tombattor » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:05 pm

I think we just stick with the same starting lineup. Green is much better suited to come off the bench. He has some offensive skills, but his team defense and rebounding are terrible.
WeLikeOurGuys
General Manager
And1: 7,199

Post#14 » by WeLikeOurGuys » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:33 am

I know it was one game but I think it's time to start green.

Screw bass
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Post#15 » by bucknersrevenge » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:34 am

I think you keep Bass starting only because I think he plays better playing off Paul and KG than when he plays with the bench guys. And coming off the bench Green is becoming a more reliable primary scoring option with the bench group. But in the 4th I play Green at the 4 coming down the stretch. We're a bad rebounding team. We've always been a bad rebounding team. We might as well just own it and play the best guys late. We're starting more and more lately to see him take advantage of the mismatches he creates at the 4. And we're seeing his teammates look for him more in the post finally when he's at the 3.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,946

Post#16 » by Parliament10 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:38 am

Green to start here on out, at the 4. Next Season, at the 3, when Sully gets back.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#17 » by TheOGJabroni » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:40 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:I think you keep Bass starting only because I think he plays better playing off Paul and KG than when he plays with the bench guys. And coming off the bench Green is becoming a more reliable primary scoring option with the bench group. But in the 4th I play Green at the 4 coming down the stretch. We're a bad rebounding team. We've always been a bad rebounding team. We might as well just own it and play the best guys late. We're starting more and more lately to see him take advantage of the mismatches he creates at the 4. And we're seeing his teammates look for him more in the post finally when he's at the 3.

I still think Green needs to start. We desperately needed scoring in our starting lineup all year and Green can create for himself. Bass can't and his looks aren't coming as easily without Rondo. Just put him on the bench where he belongs. Besides, we don't need Green's scoring punch for the best when we have Terry and now Crawford for that.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,030

Post#18 » by exculpatory » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:40 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:I think you keep Bass starting only because I think he plays better playing off Paul and KG than when he plays with the bench guys. And coming off the bench Green is becoming a more reliable primary scoring option with the bench group. But in the 4th I play Green at the 4 coming down the stretch. We're a bad rebounding team. We've always been a bad rebounding team. We might as well just own it and play the best guys late. We're starting more and more lately to see him take advantage of the mismatches he creates at the 4. And we're seeing his teammates look for him more in the post finally when he's at the 3.

Agree with all.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Cool_Dude
Senior
And1: 276

Post#19 » by Cool_Dude » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:43 am

Parliament10 wrote:Green to start here on out, at the 4. Next Season, at the 3, when Sully gets back.

What about Pierce? :o
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Post#20 » by bucknersrevenge » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:56 am

CsBsSoxPhins wrote:

I still think Green needs to start. We desperately needed scoring in our starting lineup all year and Green can create for himself. Bass can't and his looks aren't coming as easily without Rondo. Just put him on the bench where he belongs. Besides, we don't need Green's scoring punch for the best when we have Terry and now Crawford for that.

Yeah but Wouldn't you like to have that "inside-outside" option for those 2 to play off? Plus I think those guys will get up and down the court. I suppose you could start Green at the 4 because KG comes out so early. When KG comes back in he becomes the post option for the bench group which could include JET, Crawford, TWill and Bass. I guess you could do that. I like the idea though of KG playing the Dwight Howard role though surrounded by 4 shooters in an athletic running group.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured

Return to Boston Celtics