ImageImageImage

OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 1

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 1 

Post#1681 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Fri May 18, 2018 4:24 pm

God of War on the PS4 has been fantastic. Great storytelling, fun puzzles. It's like a violent Legend of Zelda.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,323

Post#1682 » by Froob » Sat May 19, 2018 12:38 am

Evil Genius is really quite something lol, anyone else here watch it?

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
DoubleHappiness
Analyst
And1: 3,248

Post#1683 » by DoubleHappiness » Sun May 20, 2018 12:44 am

That's great defense Jaylen keep it up

Edit: Wrong thread. Im keeping it lol.
shawn unkempt
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,999

Post#1684 » by shawn unkempt » Sun May 20, 2018 5:16 am

Froob wrote:Evil Genius is really quite something lol, anyone else here watch it?

I did. Everybody involved in that whole situation is absolutely insane. Such an interesting story.
Pacino62
Analyst
And1: 2,436

Post#1685 » by Pacino62 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:49 am

shawn unkempt wrote:
Froob wrote:Evil Genius is really quite something lol, anyone else here watch it?

I did. Everybody involved in that whole situation is absolutely insane. Such an interesting story.

Going to have to check this out. A non sports related documentary really needs to grab me by the nuts to keep my attention but it seems interesting for sure...
“All due respect and I’m generally curious but who tf is cousin steez” ~ MagicBagley18

"i see celtics fans here are nothing but a s s holes so good bye not going to waste my time with you lowlifes." ~ HornetsFan29
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#1686 » by truth18 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:05 pm

shawn unkempt wrote:

Did you watch it on my recommendation last night, lol?

Pacino62 wrote:
shawn unkempt wrote:

Going to have to check this out. A non sports related documentary really needs to grab me by the nuts to keep my attention but it seems interesting for sure...

Its a must watch, Pacino. Wild Wild Country is as well if you haven't seen it.
YOU LOSE
Pacino62
Analyst

Post#1687 » by Pacino62 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:24 pm

truth18 wrote:
shawn unkempt wrote:

Pacino62 wrote:
shawn unkempt wrote:I did. Everybody involved in that whole situation is absolutely insane. Such an interesting story.

Alright Truth. With a rec like that from you, it’s got to be good. I’ll definitely check it out.
“All due respect and I’m generally curious but who tf is cousin steez” ~ MagicBagley18

"i see celtics fans here are nothing but a s s holes so good bye not going to waste my time with you lowlifes." ~ HornetsFan29
truth18
RealGM

Post#1688 » by truth18 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:29 pm

Pacino62 wrote:
truth18 wrote:
shawn unkempt wrote:I did. Everybody involved in that whole situation is absolutely insane. Such an interesting story.

Pacino62 wrote:

Alright Truth. With a rec like that from you, it’s got to be good. I’ll definitely check it out.

Wild Wild Country is actually the better documentary imo but Evil Genius is much shorter. You can knock it out in a night or two.

Wild Wild Country is about a cult and Evil Genius is a true crime story.
YOU LOSE
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,323

Post#1689 » by Froob » Sun May 20, 2018 12:55 pm

shawn unkempt wrote:

Certainly nobody was a genius lol. Seems like the cops prop them up as geniuses to convince everyone they didn’t just get duped by a bunch of morons.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
shawn unkempt
Lead Assistant

Post#1690 » by shawn unkempt » Sun May 20, 2018 3:39 pm

truth18 wrote:
shawn unkempt wrote:

Haha nah, I had already seen it. Also, I found Wild Wild Country a little disappointing. Seemed like they skimmed way too much information about the actual cult itself. The free reign they give to the lawyer guy to down play everything that happened was a bit :-? too.
truth18
RealGM

Post#1691 » by truth18 » Sun May 20, 2018 6:04 pm

shawn unkempt wrote:
truth18 wrote:

Haha nah, I had already seen it. Also, I found Wild Wild Country a little disappointing. Seemed like they skimmed way too much information about the actual cult itself. The free reign they give to the lawyer guy to down play everything that happened was a bit :-? too.

Oh, yeah? I thought he came across as the most insane person involved honestly.
YOU LOSE
shawn unkempt
Lead Assistant

Post#1692 » by shawn unkempt » Mon May 21, 2018 2:59 am

truth18 wrote:
shawn unkempt wrote:
truth18 wrote:

Oh, yeah? I thought he came across as the most insane person involved honestly.

Me too, which is why I thought it was weird they just let him ramble so much. I'd rather have heard more about what was actually happening in the cult.
sprash9802
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,319

Post#1693 » by sprash9802 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:47 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:God of War on the PS4 has been fantastic. Great storytelling, fun puzzles. It's like a violent Legend of Zelda.

Once I am able to make headway into my 250+ game backlog, maybe... ;)
'Mate, you just dropped the World Cup'
-Steve Waugh, the Australian captain, after S. African fielder Herschelle Gibbs dropped his catch in the 1999 Cricket World Cup in England. Australia went on to win the World Cup.
sprash9802
Lead Assistant

Post#1694 » by sprash9802 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:49 pm

Anyone else seen Dark on netflix? One of the few shows that seem to have time travel done right...

-Steve Waugh, the Australian captain, after S. African fielder Herschelle Gibbs dropped his catch in the 1999 Cricket World Cup in England. Australia went on to win the World Cup.
sprash9802
Lead Assistant

Post#1695 » by sprash9802 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:49 pm

For fans of Tesseract...

;t=0s&list=PL66P_X6uqwd3aORtmqGqxDa4R4hrlMQt_&index=3

watsonthedragon
Sixth Man
And1: 2,289

Post#1696 » by watsonthedragon » Wed May 23, 2018 1:16 pm

sprash9802 wrote:Anyone else seen Dark on netflix? One of the few shows that seem to have time travel done right...

Such a great show. Watched it on a whim and binged the entire thing. Definitely one I'm looking to re-watch soon to see what I missed the first time (presumably a lot). Did you watch with subtitles or dubbed? I was surprised how not terrible the dubbing was.
sprash9802
Lead Assistant

Post#1697 » by sprash9802 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:26 pm

watsonthedragon wrote:
sprash9802 wrote:Anyone else seen Dark on netflix? One of the few shows that seem to have time travel done right...

Such a great show. Watched it on a whim and binged the entire thing. Definitely one I'm looking to re-watch soon to see what I missed the first time (presumably a lot). Did you watch with subtitles or dubbed? I was surprised how not terrible the dubbing was.

I saw it dubbed too... Maybe I should've seen it subbed... It was a show we picked up because it just sounded intriguing. And boy, was it a worthy investment of time!! We should probably watch it again before watching season 2, whenever that releases. Netflix has really upped the ante with their sci-fi/drama/fantasy listings. Altered Carbon, Lost in Space (which is in my queue), Travelers are all pretty solid, imo

mbsnmisc
Starter
And1: 3,721

Post#1698 » by mbsnmisc » Fri May 25, 2018 12:34 am

I just finished The Vietnam War by Ken Burns. I was a Marine/Navy brat whose Dad was in Vietnam 4 times. I still remember playing ball with Marines in the early/mid 70's who were shipping out. It may not mean much to those who are in their 20's, but for a Boomer like me, it was powerful.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#1699 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Fri May 25, 2018 7:46 am

Just watched Solo............meh.
Pacino62
Analyst

Post#1700 » by Pacino62 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:05 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Just watched Solo............meh.

Say it ain't so....I was pumped for it because it finally seemed like a SW movie in the vein of Guardians

Return to Boston Celtics