ImageImageImage

OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 1

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,806

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 1 

Post#1981 » by Parliament10 » Tue Jan 1, 2019 3:06 pm

Spoiler:
truth18 wrote:Post a review or comments on anything interesting you are reading or listening to, all genres and topics are welcome. I will start us off:

I have recently been listening to My Life in the Bush of Ghosts by David Byrne and Brian Eno. Really cool instrumental album with African rhythmic influences and middle eastern influences: my favorite song (listen with headphones for the awesome bass line). Highly recommended. Would probably be a solid album to get down with your girl to.

I bought this live album by Erykah Badu on a whim the other day as well, and its **** amazing. The lyrics in this song are just off the charts. "My cypher keeps moving like a rolling stone"? Incredible. Should also ideally be listened to with headphones. Whole album is solid and not what I expected from a live R&B album. Many extended tracks and improv. Backup musicians are class too.

Saw this English metal band Electric Wizard last month. Apparently they are legendary over there. The lead singer's insistence on praising Satan was kinda off putting, but the show was very, very good. I bought their first album after and its great. One of the more readily accessible songs:

I'm becoming more and more disillusioned by modern "Hip Hop" as the years go by. Its just so bad for the most part. Makes me sad. Freddie Gibbs is straight up legit though, I love the production in this song:

In a Silent Way is just a GOAT album:

Hopefully everyone enjoys at least one of those :) something for everyone

Almost time for "Part 2", Truth.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 1 

Post#1982 » by jmr07019 » Tue Jan 1, 2019 6:04 pm

Pacino62 wrote:Been a while since I posted in here.

For those of you discussing Hill House...yeah. It ended up being ****. It was more This Is Us than The Others. Kate Siegel is so much hotter than Cugino. Just saying. Haha. Both hot. For a great show...check out Bodyguard on Netflix. For a good show...check out Homecoming on Prime. Also...new Ray Donavan is awesome.

Saw Creed 2 and Green Book. Creed 2 was nowhere near the film of the first but it was actually more enjoyable. Green Book is the best movie of the year. Hands down. This coming from a die hard Star is Born advocate.

Bodyguard was excellent thanks for the recommendation. Only criticism was the characters calling their superiors mom throughout the show..... lol jk but I did have to google it to figure out wtf was going on
Show Love Spread Love

Return to Boston Celtics