ImageImageImage

NBA DRAFT DAY Thread, 06/23/2016: Barclays Center (BRK, NY), 7 p.m. ET (ESPN)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

NBA DRAFT DAY Thread, 06/23/2016: Barclays Center (BRK, NY), 7 p.m. ET (ESPN) 

Post#1 » by Parliament10 » Mon May 30, 2016 1:45 am

Date/TV – June 23, 7 p.m. ET (ESPN/WatchESPN)
Location – Barclays Center (Brooklyn, New York)

___________________________________________________________________________________________

2016 NBA draft Big Board 3.0: Top 60 prospects
http://www.si.com/nba/2016/05/26/nba-draft-big-board-mock-draft-76ers-lakers-ben-simmons-brandon-ingram
___________________________________________________________________________________________

NBA draft 2016: Complete coverage
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/draft16index/complete-coverage-2016-nba-draft

NBA.com – Draft Info
http://www.nba.com/draft/

"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
mbsnmisc
Starter
And1: 3,721

Re: NBA DRAFT–2016: Barclays Center (BRK, NY), June 23, 7 p.m. ET (ESPN) 

Post#2 » by mbsnmisc » Mon May 30, 2016 2:10 am

This is an excellent start to an important day in the Celtic's future. Nice work.
Celtics_History_Lesson
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,267

Post#3 » by Celtics_History_Lesson » Mon May 30, 2016 2:35 am

That picture is a bit mean, everyone is saying Bender is a top prospect but he doesn't get his picture among those four players. But maybe he is such a mystery that nobody has taken a picture of him, with a high-resolution camera. Nobody knew what a Dirk Nowitzki looked like before his draft, maybe it is a good sign.

Parliament10 wrote:

Maybe post the draft order on this page, a good resource to have and a template for anyone who wants to make a mock draft to mock.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#4 » by Parliament10 » Wed Jun 1, 2016 4:43 am

NBA Draft 2016 small forward rankings
by Sam Vecenie | 05-31-16

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/nba-draft-2016-small-forward-rankings-brandon-ingram-in-a-class-of-his-own/

1. Brandon Ingram | Duke | 6-9, 196 pounds, 7-3 wingspan, 18 years old
Ingram has an argument to be the No. 1 player taken in this draft, pure and simple. Over the last few years, there hasn't been a better fit that has entered the league than Ingram. Need a guy who can space the floor? Ingram hit 41 percent of his shots from distance this season and has a pristine stroke that should have no issues extending out to the NBA line. In the switch-heavy NBA, it's important to have a player who can attack when he gets the right matchup. Ingram does that well due to his proficiency in isolation scoring, where he converted at a one point-per-possession clip when including assists, good for the 83rd percentile nationally this season. Defensively, Ingram possesses that same ability to switch and causes problems for a variety of different players due to his mobility paired with the standing reach of a center. Basically, the idea of Ingram is superb, and in actuality he's already a great player despite being one of the youngest in this class.

2. Jaylen Brown | Cal | 6-7, 223 pounds, 6-11.75 wingspan, 19 years old
I've written extensively on Brown's game already. For more on that, you can read here . Basically, Brown is a theoretical prospect at this point due to his inability to shoot and lack of diversification handling the ball. However, due to his length, athleticism, and motor, he has as much potential as anyone in the draft outside of the top two players. It's all on him and how much he wants to work to get there.

3. DeAndre Bembry | St. Joseph's | 6-6, 211 pounds, 6-9.25 wingspan, 21 years old
Bembry was renowned as a prospect on the rise last summer after standout performances on the camp circuit, but regressed a touch early as he struggled with his efficiency and seemed to not really be shooting the ball well at all. However, as the season progressed, Bembry morphed back into his awesome self and really started to dominate as St. Joe's went on its run to the Round of 32.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#5 » by Parliament10 » Tue Jun 7, 2016 10:15 pm

Dragan Bender coming to US for workouts with Celtics, Suns, Wolves
By Dave King | Jun 7, 2016

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2016/6/7/11875748/dragan-bender-coming-to-us-for-workouts-with-celtics-suns-wolves
A majority of scouts have rated Croatian forward Dragan Bender as "top of the draft" material for years. Now that he is eligible for the NBA draft, he's still rated exactly where everyone thought he'd be.

After Ben Simmons and Brandon Ingram come off the board at #1 and #2 overall, the 18 year old Bender would be the most talented player remaining. But the big question for teams drafting 3rd, 4th and 5th is whether the little-used Bender will ever realize that potential enough to justify his lofty draft status.

No one wants to be the team that takes the next Nikolos Tsikisvili, Jan Vesely or Darko Milicic while passing up a sure scorer like Buddy Hield or Jamal Murray, or a more-proven domestic athlete like Jaylen Brown or Marquese Chriss, or a potential great all-around point guard in Kris Dunn.

Yet, Bender seems destined to be off the board with by the time the New Orleans Pelicans are on the clock for the 6th overall pick.

To wit, Bender has only scheduled US-based workouts with the teams drafting 3-5 later this month.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/739954376509427712[/tweet]
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#6 » by Andrew McCeltic » Tue Jun 7, 2016 11:02 pm

Wonder if New Orleans would trade up from 6 to 3 to put Bender next to Davis..
lon3lytoaster
Head Coach
And1: 5,585

Post#7 » by lon3lytoaster » Tue Jun 7, 2016 11:08 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Wonder if New Orleans would trade up from 6 to 3 to put Bender next to Davis..

Can't think I'd want much from them. And who do we take? Brown? Chriss?
Fidel Sarcasmo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#8 » by Fidel Sarcasmo » Tue Jun 7, 2016 11:14 pm

My biggest worry is Brown. Not being an average player, but a bust. I have fear of Bender being an average player. I dont think he'll bust. he's my second biggest fear. I like Dunn from Providence. He's the complete package. 2 way player. Not the best shooter in the draft, but Simmons is going # 1 so what does that tell you? We need to get a real player here. If it's Dunn, we need to move on from Smart and or Bradley. I love Bradley but his trade value is at it's all time high this offseason. He's finally been labeled the best back court defensive player in the game and he can hit the j all day, plus he's got 2 years of control before he asks for the world. He's go the most value. Marcus, for all his intangibles and defensive abilities, guy went from 35% to 25% from 3pt land in the blink of an eye. Is he another headcase offensively like Rondo? Not so sure, but we need a guy who can put the ball through the hoop with regularity. I will say this though about Marcus. He isnt afraid to take the big shots. His potential is scary, but that drop off in shooting % is even scarier for me. And he's still not a really talented pg.
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#9 » by Slartibartfast » Tue Jun 7, 2016 11:21 pm

Man, why couldn't the lotto have been held at Barclays.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,676

Post#10 » by The Corey's » Tue Jun 7, 2016 11:44 pm

I don't even care about the draft. I'm just hoping that whatever trade Danny has in mind happens that night.

Free agency starts a week later.

That's the best thing the nba has
DijonRondo
Veteran
And1: 1,801

Post#11 » by DijonRondo » Wed Jun 8, 2016 3:27 am

ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Post#12 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:43 am

The countdown is on!

Are pre-draft day trades usual?? Start the rumor mill already!
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#13 » by Smitty731 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:15 pm

CrowderKeg wrote:
Are pre-draft day trades usual?? Start the rumor mill already!

Occasionally. But the league doesn't like anything detracting from the Finals, so they highly encourage teams to wait. So you probably have to wait for another week or so at least before any movement happens.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#14 » by truth18 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:33 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
YOU LOSE
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,668

Post#15 » by Green89 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:45 pm

Fidel Sarcasmo wrote:My biggest worry is Brown. Not being an average player, but a bust. I have fear of Bender being an average player. I dont think he'll bust. he's my second biggest fear. I like Dunn from Providence. He's the complete package. 2 way player. Not the best shooter in the draft, but Simmons is going # 1 so what does that tell you? We need to get a real player here. If it's Dunn, we need to move on from Smart and or Bradley. I love Bradley but his trade value is at it's all time high this offseason. He's finally been labeled the best back court defensive player in the game and he can hit the j all day, plus he's got 2 years of control before he asks for the world. He's go the most value. Marcus, for all his intangibles and defensive abilities, guy went from 35% to 25% from 3pt land in the blink of an eye. Is he another headcase offensively like Rondo? Not so sure, but we need a guy who can put the ball through the hoop with regularity. I will say this though about Marcus. He isnt afraid to take the big shots. His potential is scary, but that drop off in shooting % is even scarier for me. And he's still not a really talented pg.

Let's give up Bradley in hopes one day Kris Dunn will become Bradley. Ummm, :censored: no.
Fidel Sarcasmo
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by Fidel Sarcasmo » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:48 pm

Green89 wrote:
Fidel Sarcasmo wrote:My biggest worry is Brown. Not being an average player, but a bust. I have fear of Bender being an average player. I dont think he'll bust. he's my second biggest fear. I like Dunn from Providence. He's the complete package. 2 way player. Not the best shooter in the draft, but Simmons is going # 1 so what does that tell you? We need to get a real player here. If it's Dunn, we need to move on from Smart and or Bradley. I love Bradley but his trade value is at it's all time high this offseason. He's finally been labeled the best back court defensive player in the game and he can hit the j all day, plus he's got 2 years of control before he asks for the world. He's go the most value. Marcus, for all his intangibles and defensive abilities, guy went from 35% to 25% from 3pt land in the blink of an eye. Is he another headcase offensively like Rondo? Not so sure, but we need a guy who can put the ball through the hoop with regularity. I will say this though about Marcus. He isnt afraid to take the big shots. His potential is scary, but that drop off in shooting % is even scarier for me. And he's still not a really talented pg.

Let's give up Bradley in hopes one day Kris Dunn will become Bradley. Ummm, :censored: no.

No, no, no you i dont know how you came up with that. I've been saying on other threads that I think Dunn is Dwade-esche future allstar. If Dunn's problem is that he doesn't like the boston situation because there's too many guards in teh back court, Than i'm all for figuring out a way to oblige him. meaning ship out bradley or smart. I think Dunn will be an allstar. I dont think Bradley will be an allstar even though he's a great two way player.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,668

Post#17 » by Green89 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:51 pm

Fidel Sarcasmo wrote:
Green89 wrote:

No, no, no you i dont know how you came up with that. I've been saying on other threads that I think Dunn is Dwade-esche future allstar. If Dunn's problem is that he doesn't like the boston situation because there's too many guards in teh back court, Than i'm all for figuring out a way to oblige him. meaning ship out bradley or smart. I think Dunn will be an allstar. I dont think Bradley will be an allstar even though he's a great two way player.

No guarantee Dunn will make all star. I'd keep the 1st team all defense player over a potential all star.

He hasn't shown enough to warrant teams making sacrifices just to get him.
Fidel Sarcasmo
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by Fidel Sarcasmo » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:03 am

Green89 wrote:
Fidel Sarcasmo wrote:
Green89 wrote:

No guarantee Dunn will make all star. I'd keep the 1st team all defense player over a potential all star.

There's no garuntee Ingram or Simmons makes it either to allstar level. I just happen to think a handfull of players are worth the risk with a high probability to make allstar level. I throw Dunn at their level. Look. Dwane wade left Marquette in his Jr year too. Guys can still do things in the NBA who aren't selected as freshman. I love me some AB, but in 2 years, he's looking for 17-20 mil a year. Are we gonna pay him that much? No. He's got 2 more full years and just made all defense. His trade value will never be higher in his career than this offseason. Him alone could be the center piece of a good haulback. I'm thinking Dunn will be a top flight defender and fantastic pg who can slash to the rim and score at a decent clip from outside. I got him as an allstar.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#19 » by Parliament10 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:18 am

Fidel Sarcasmo wrote:
Green89 wrote:
Fidel Sarcasmo wrote:

There's no garuntee Ingram or Simmons makes it either to allstar level. I just happen to think a handfull of players are worth the risk with a high probability to make allstar level. I throw Dunn at their level. Look. Dwane wade left Marquette in his Jr year too. Guys can still do things in the NBA who aren't selected as freshman. I love me some AB, but in 2 years, he's looking for 17-20 mil a year. Are we gonna pay him that much? No. He's got 2 more full years and just made all defense. His trade value will never be higher in his career than this offseason. Him alone could be the center piece of a good haulback. I'm thinking Dunn will be a top flight defender and fantastic pg who can slash to the rim and score at a decent clip from outside. I got him as an allstar.

Let's keep the positives that we have.

Dunn.... may be.
Bradley, is definitely.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Celtics_History_Lesson
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,267

Post#20 » by Celtics_History_Lesson » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:04 am

1. Philadelphia 76ers -
2. Los Angeles Lakers -
3. Boston Celtics -
4. Phoenix Suns -
5. Minnesota Timberwolves -
6. New Orleans Pelicans -
7. Denver Nuggets -
8. Sacramento Kings -
9. Toronto Raptors -
10. Milwaukee Bucks -
11. Orlando Magic -
12. Utah Jazz -
13. Phoenix Suns -
14. Chicago Bulls -
15. Denver Nuggets -
16. Boston Celtics -
17. Memphis Grizzlies -
18. Detroit Pistons -
19. Denver Nuggets -
20. Indiana Pacers -
21. Atlanta Hawks -
22. Charlotte Hornets -
23. Boston Celtics -
24. Philadelphia 76ers -
25. Los Angeles Clippers -
26. Philadelphia 76ers -
27. Toronto Raptors -
28. Phoenix Suns -
29. San Antonio Spurs -
30. Golden State Warriors -

31. Boston Celtics -
32. Los Angeles Lakers -
33. Los Angeles Clippers -
34. Phoenix Suns -
35. Boston Celtics -
36. Milwaukee Bucks -
37. Houston Rockets -
38. Milwaukee Bucks -
39. New Orleans Pelicans -
40. New Orleans Pelicans -
41. Orlando Magic -
42. Utah Jazz -
43. Houston Rockets -
44. Atlanta Hawks -
45. Boston Celtics -
47. Orlando Magic -
48. Chicago Bulls -
49. Detroit Pistons -
50. Indiana Pacers -
51. Boston Celtics -
52. Utah Jazz -
53. Denver Nuggets -
54. Atlanta Hawks -
55. Brooklyn Nets -
56. Denver Nuggets -
57. Memphis Grizzlies -
58. Boston Celtics -
59. Sacramento Kings -
60. Utah Jazz -

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nba/63138/34/nba-draft-ranks-centers
NBA Draft Ranks: Centers

That page also has links to the other draft position previews.

Return to Boston Celtics