ImageImageImage

Eastern Conference playoff watch

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Re: Eastern Conference playoff watch 

Post#521 » by mr_sunshine » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:45 am

Valid wrote:
mr_sunshine wrote:Probably because hate it or love it he's the GOAT. Look at his on/off this year. It's **** ridiculous. He's playing amazing and looks as athletic as he was 5+ years ago. GS poked the bear last year and got burned.

Lol. He's not the GOAT. Not even the best player since Jordan. It's like people forget Tim Duncan existed or something.

Riiiiiiiiiight. Look at the teams he's carried to insane records. If you were starting a franchise you'd be insane to take Duncan over LeBron. Duncan is amazing but it was pretty much the perfect storm of having the GOAT coach, excellent owner/GM and being ahead of the curve on picking international players later on in the draft. They build teams around Duncan to complement his style of play. LeBron played with a bunch of scrubs for years, and had a series of bad GMs and coaches that didn't play to his strengths or construct a proper team around him.
ThirtyFour
Starter
And1: 3,479

Post#522 » by ThirtyFour » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:10 am

Is seems insane to me that we are a game and a half removed from having the 4th best record in the League. Just insane. No disrespect to our team but man, watching this season if you turned every game off in the last 5 minutes I'd guess we would be looking at 8th - 10th best record. There's a slim chance we could end up with the 3rd best record with the Rockets having a tougher schedule. And a top 4 pick in the draft, insane.
“There’s a sense of pride, there’s an edge you have to have to play here. I can only imagine the love, the reception, if you hung one of those banners up. It would be incredible — it’s going to be incredible. I know it.” —Jayson Tatum
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#523 » by SMTBSI » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:11 am

mr_sunshine wrote:
Valid wrote:
mr_sunshine wrote:Probably because hate it or love it he's the GOAT. Look at his on/off this year. It's **** ridiculous. He's playing amazing and looks as athletic as he was 5+ years ago. GS poked the bear last year and got burned.

Lol. He's not the GOAT. Not even the best player since Jordan. It's like people forget Tim Duncan existed or something.

Riiiiiiiiiight. Look at the teams he's carried to insane records. If you were starting a franchise you'd be insane to take Duncan over LeBron. Duncan is amazing but it was pretty much the perfect storm of having the GOAT coach, excellent owner/GM and being ahead of the curve on picking international players later on in the draft. They build teams around Duncan to complement his style of play. LeBron played with a bunch of scrubs for years, and had a series of bad GMs and coaches that didn't play to his strengths or construct a proper team around him.

It just me or does this sound eerily similar to the Brady/Manning debate?
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,240

Post#524 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:43 am

Plot twist! I'm actually rooting for Washington in back-to-back games this weekend -- against our favorite team, the Nets, and the Cavs. Let's go, Wee-zards!! Looking at both their schedules, Raptors can easily catch them. Maybe the Cs too if we don't take care of the biz.

Cavs also have a B2B -- Hornets and Wizards. Who are they resting and which end of the B2B? I hope it's Lebron. I hope Lebron rests until season ends.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
prov1ml
Starter
And1: 2,157

Post#525 » by prov1ml » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:25 pm

OFWGKTA wrote:
prov1ml wrote:
CrowderKeg wrote:And after he triumphs, he'll have something to point back to and say "damn, look at all the adversity I had to overcome." The manufactured drama is just part of his all-important legacy-building. Yeah, I admit, I'm salty. I want this dude to retire already. Or better yet, for the Cs to beat his team again.

I'm with you, dude. I've never been able to stand the guy and my disdain for him grows by the minute. Anyone who has "Chosen One" tattooed across his shoulder blades is a massive narcissist.

I'm so tired of seeing him in the Finals its sickening. What sucks is, there hasn't really been any type of competition in the East to stop him from getting there, but all we get to hear about is how he's been there 6 straight years or whatever its been.

What really makes matters worse, however, is if he hadn't freaking won last year, we probably have Durant -- if you want to believe the reports. I had to find new levels of hatred after that!

Middle lower back is cool though right?

Well....that I'm fine with. Much smaller text. :D

Plus, PP didn't nickname himself 'The King'.
prov1ml
Starter
And1: 2,157

Post#526 » by prov1ml » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:35 pm

If it ends up the almost inevitable, GSW-CLEV finals for the 3rd damn year in a row, who do I need to root for?

Cleveland so it messes with GS again and they might be interested in shuffling pieces to add more depth (e.g. Thompson) OR GS so we can live on the hope and prayer (.01%) Durant opts out and wants to go on a FA tour again?

Both are long shots. Rooting for either team is going to be incredibly painful. I'll probably lean GSW just for the mere fact that I hate the LeBrons so much and don't want to see him add another ring.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#527 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:51 pm

Read on Twitter

Cavs have four back-to-backs left -- @CHA-WAS, @CHI-PHI, ORL-@BOS, @ATL-@MIA.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,349

Post#528 » by London2Boston » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:08 pm

CrowderKeg wrote:
Read on Twitter

Cavs have four back-to-backs left -- @CHA-WAS, @CHI-PHI, ORL-@BOS, @ATL-@MIA.

That game in the Garden is looking real juicy. Hopefully the gap is still a game or less going into that. Would be a huge game for a regular season one.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,739

Post#529 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:55 pm

I'd rather stay in 2nd if Washington stays in 3rd, than getting the 1st if Toronto stays in 4th. I want Cleveland to have to deal with Toronto in the 2nd round. Washington is a much better match up for us. Boston really needs to be smart about this seeding thing. Goal here should be 100% to reach the ECF and win at least two games. Very possible to do if they play it smart with the seeding. Ideal scenario of course would be 1 seed with Toronto getting by Washington for the 3rd which is very possible also.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#530 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:58 pm

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:I'd rather stay in 2nd if Washington stays in 3rd, than getting the 1st if Toronto stays in 4th. I want Cleveland to have to deal with Toronto in the 2nd round. Washington is a much better match up for us. Boston really needs to be smart about this seeding thing. Goal here should be 100% to reach the ECF and win at least two games. Very possible to do if they play it smart with the seeding. Ideal scenario of course would be 1 seed with Toronto getting by Washington for the 3rd which is very possible also.

Not only is this the ideal scenario, it's become the more likely scenario at this point. Cs have an easier schedule than the Cavs. Raptors can easily overtake Wizards, who have the hardest remaining schedule of the four teams. Let's go for top seed!

Image c/o of John Schuhmann of nba.com
yeahM8
Starter
And1: 3,709

Post#531 » by yeahM8 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:15 pm

Pretty keen to see how we do against Miami heat the remix in a few days.

At this stage really not wanting to see them in the first round
London2Boston
General Manager

Post#532 » by London2Boston » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:40 am

Yeah. I honestly think Raptors take third. I can't stomach a series of having to deal with their fans on realgm so getting top seed would be lovely. Imagine they manage to somehow snatch third only to still have to face Cavs due to us taking first seed. Great trolling.
OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Post#533 » by OFWGKTA » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:37 am

London2Boston wrote:Yeah. I honestly think Raptors take third. I can't stomach a series of having to deal with their fans on realgm so getting top seed would be lovely. Imagine they manage to somehow snatch third only to still have to face Cavs due to us taking first seed. Great trolling.

Imagine how sweeping them would feel though
Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#534 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:37 am

Read on Twitter

Bucks are somehow now tied with the Hawks record-wise for 5th. They're on a roll. We got two games left against them.
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Re: RE: Re: Eastern Conference playoff watch 

Post#535 » by KGboss » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:41 am

CrowderKeg wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bucks are somehow now tied with the Hawks record-wise for 5th. They're on a roll. We got two games left against them.

Giannis is something special.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#536 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:05 am

Lebron suffered corneal abrasion vs. Hornets. Questionable to play vs. Wizards later/tomorrow.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,700

Post#537 » by Homerclease » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:32 pm

How do we feel about a rematch with the Hawks in the first round? They are in a free fall with Millsap on the shelf and may slide all the way down to a 7-8 seed. Personally I say bring em on, would love the opportunity to stick it to schrooder in the postseason
Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#538 » by Banks2Pierce » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:36 pm

Homerclease wrote:How do we feel about a rematch with the Hawks in the first round?

They are well coached and Dwight would give us issues. Would prefer the majority of the other teams outside of Milwaukee.
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,673

Post#539 » by Tyakack » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:00 pm

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:I'd rather stay in 2nd if Washington stays in 3rd, than getting the 1st if Toronto stays in 4th. I want Cleveland to have to deal with Toronto in the 2nd round. Washington is a much better match up for us. Boston really needs to be smart about this seeding thing. Goal here should be 100% to reach the ECF and win at least two games. Very possible to do if they play it smart with the seeding. Ideal scenario of course would be 1 seed with Toronto getting by Washington for the 3rd which is very possible also.

If by "play it smart" you mean purposely lose certain games based on the standings, yeah, that ain't happening.
London2Boston
General Manager

Post#540 » by London2Boston » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:47 pm

If Lebron is out against the Wizards then chalk that up as an L for the Cavs.

Return to Boston Celtics