ImageImageImage

Around the NBA 2017 Offseason (Non-Celtics Talk)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,275

Re: Around the NBA 2017 Offseason (Non-Celtics Talk) 

Post#601 » by Marvel » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:24 pm

Shaq play too damn much. :lol:

djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Post#602 » by djFan71 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:09 am

That wiretap saying the Cavs lost Paul George due to wanting pick protections is crazy. Top 5 sure, but lotto protected, wow. If they could have turned Love & a pick into George, gotta imagine Kyrie stays too. That team has a legit shot at beating GSW in my opinion. Definitely mows down the east.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,191

Post#603 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:37 pm

Wtf thread

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,191

Post#604 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:41 pm

GALLLOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Read on Twitter

He apparently punched someone from the Holland team in an exhibition game. Him and Griffin will now have something to bond over.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,961

Post#605 » by Shak_Celts » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:02 pm

CrowderKeg wrote:Wtf thread

Read on Twitter

The only one who would be okay is AI, the rest look weird.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
Bohemian
Analyst
And1: 3,308

Post#606 » by Bohemian » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:04 pm

CrowderKeg wrote:GALLLOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Read on Twitter

He apparently punched someone from the Holland team in an exhibition game. Him and Griffin will now have something to bond over.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/07/30/danilo-gallinari-punches-opponent-in-face-goes-to-hospital-for-possible-hand-injury-video/
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#607 » by truth18 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:05 pm

Shak_Celts wrote:
CrowderKeg wrote:Wtf thread

Read on Twitter

The only one who would be okay is AI, the rest look weird.

KG one is just **** lazy. Dude came into the league bald.
YOU LOSE
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#608 » by truth18 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:06 pm

Bohemian wrote:
Read on Twitter

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/07/30/danilo-gallinari-punches-opponent-in-face-goes-to-hospital-for-possible-hand-injury-video/

galllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooo
YOU LOSE
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,961

Post#609 » by Shak_Celts » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:10 pm

Bohemian wrote:
Read on Twitter

He already can't stay healthy, why risk it? A little shove/cussing and move on.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#610 » by CeltsfaninDC » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:42 pm

Marvel wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:
Marvel wrote:lol man. Conor is a world class fighter. He was messin around in that video. Stop playin.

Name everyone he's beaten above 170 lbs.......... sorry but weight is a huge issue in fighting and Green has already demonstrated his ability to accurately kick opponents.

Dude, Green is a bball player. Conor is a trained fighter. That's the difference. If Green was a fighter than yeah he'd stand a chance.

Yeah, I know. I watch far more MMA than you do and I stand by my statement.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#611 » by Darth Celtic » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:43 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:
Marvel wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:Name everyone he's beaten above 170 lbs.......... sorry but weight is a huge issue in fighting and Green has already demonstrated his ability to accurately kick opponents.

Dude, Green is a bball player. Conor is a trained fighter. That's the difference. If Green was a fighter than yeah he'd stand a chance.

Love matter of fact statements like that when you have 0 idea how much the other guy knows or watches about just about anything.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,488

Post#612 » by Patsfan1081 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:09 am

Just saw Scal playing in the 3 on 3 for the first time on tv, decided to check out his stats. How is it possible for somone to play half the minutes in the 3 on 3 tourney games and average 2 ppg? And be a captain no less..... Goat status
Murta
Sixth Man
And1: 1,823

Post#613 » by Murta » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:02 am

Read on Twitter

Not just someone, a redditor:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/6qkawz/eurohoops_breaking_danilo_gallinari_fractured_his/dkxyy7f/
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach

Post#614 » by CeltsfaninDC » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:39 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:
Marvel wrote:Dude, Green is a bball player. Conor is a trained fighter. That's the difference. If Green was a fighter than yeah he'd stand a chance.

Love matter of fact statements like that when you have 0 idea how much the other guy knows or watches about just about anything.

Its easy when you've been to and watched hundreds of MMA events going back to Pancrase and Pride days. Did you watch UFC this weekend? How about Bellator last weekend? How about the new Legacy brand on AXS? Did you know Aldo fought in a JJ tourney this weekend and lost? I watch a ton of MMA and I'm happy to go back and forth with anyone on this topic and be confident that I know exactly what I am talking about.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#615 » by Darth Celtic » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:23 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:Yeah, I know. I watch far more MMA than you do and I stand by my statement.

Its easy when you've been to and watched hundreds of MMA events going back to Pancrase and Pride days. Did you watch UFC this weekend? How about Bellator last weekend? How about the new Legacy brand on AXS? Did you know Aldo fought in a JJ tourney this weekend and lost? I watch a ton of MMA and I'm happy to go back and forth with anyone on this topic and be confident that I know exactly what I am talking about.

I don't watch any of it. It's the fact you matter of factly post it as fact that you watch and know more about MMA than the other poster. You have no way at all of knowing that. You could say "I bet i watch and know more", but you can't just say "i watch far more than you."
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,275

Post#616 » by Marvel » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:56 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:
Marvel wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:Name everyone he's beaten above 170 lbs.......... sorry but weight is a huge issue in fighting and Green has already demonstrated his ability to accurately kick opponents.

Woah we got a MMA watcher bad guy over here lmao.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#617 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:26 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:Yeah, I know. I watch far more MMA than you do and I stand by my statement.

But you just stated that Dray has "already demonstrated his ability to accurately kick opponents" as if he has had some kick of fighting experience.

I think the weight difference could potentially tilt the scales for Lesnar over a much more talented Jon Jones, but Draymond is not even a fighter. I mean, have you ever watched basketball players fight? They are terrible fighters, generally speaking.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,028

Post#618 » by London2Boston » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:58 pm

Draymond would crumble after like two leg kicks..like how is this even a debate?
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#619 » by Darth Celtic » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:40 pm

my son at age 2 watches more lion guard than anyone on this site, but that doesn't mean he is qualified to determine who would win in a fight between Hyinas and Lions in the wild.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach

Post#620 » by CeltsfaninDC » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:15 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:

I don't watch any of it. It's the fact you matter of factly post it as fact that you watch and know more about MMA than the other poster. You have no way at all of knowing that. You could say "I bet i watch and know more", but you can't just say "i watch far more than you."

and by your own statement I was 100% accurate. You are commenting on it while knowing next to nothing about MMA.

Return to Boston Celtics