ImageImageImage

Welcome Jayson Tatum

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Baller1234a
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Re: Welcome Jayson Tatum 

Post#641 » by Baller1234a » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Kolkmania wrote:
CelticsWin5 wrote:
Tiny ball wrote: is that guard Philly too even playing yet?

Fultz shoulder pain is gone yet they're evaluating him every 3 weeks to see what the next step is. 76ers didn't give any update last week which was the latest 3 week period. Lol what a mess

Lol that's not even true, 9 December was the last update and they gave an update yesterday, well before the 3 week mark.

He’s a troll don’t worry about it
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant

Post#642 » by Baller1234a » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:22 pm

Kolkmania wrote:That between the legs crossover to deny the screen and eurostepping toward the rim was absolutely fantastic. The difficulty of his shots are ramping up and he's maintaining his efficiency, a great sign. Him being able to shift gears with the ball in his hands unlocks another part of his game.

Yup he’s been driving a lot more.
In a game where he went 0/3 from 3 his usual best weapon he still dominated with drives which is really encouraging imo.
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]
OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Post#643 » by OFWGKTA » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:30 pm

Baller1234a wrote:
Kolkmania wrote:That between the legs crossover to deny the screen and eurostepping toward the rim was absolutely fantastic. The difficulty of his shots are ramping up and he's maintaining his efficiency, a great sign. Him being able to shift gears with the ball in his hands unlocks another part of his game.

In a game where he went 0/3 from 3 his usual best weapon he still dominated with drives which is really encouraging imo.

I believe he had 2 made 3s called back as well, one for Theis 3 seconds and the other for an offensive foul by someone else.
Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant

Post#644 » by Baller1234a » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:33 pm

OFWGKTA wrote:
Baller1234a wrote:

I believe he had 2 made 3s called back as well, one for Theis 3 seconds and the other for an offensive foul by someone else.

We all know he can shoot 3s so that doesn’t matter much to me in terms of his potential.
What I was excited about was driving ability when defenders have to close out hard because of the aforementioned 3 point shooting and he’s beginning to incorporate some post game as well (he’s always had it now he’s taking them because he’s getting more confident) that fadeaway was amazing.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,099

Post#645 » by Shak_Celts » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:42 pm

I want Tatum to take more shots like everyone else but I am also glad he isn't rushing himself, that can pay off immensely for us in the future!! Knowing how and when to step up will be needed in the future when you have Hayward back and hopefully another good player from the pick or trading it. Going to be hard to keep all those egos on the team and cohesive.

Just imagine how good we can be if everyone clicks and hits max potential. Wow. Kyire and Hayward (healthy) are excellent, then Tatum, Brown and pick all becoming their best? I NEED THAT!!

Things never end up that perfect but if they do, that could be one of the best 5 ever assembled if everything falls right. Maybe when we have to pay the young guys we also have old man Horford for the min, holding down the bench.

I know that DA and CBS intentionally picked guys they thought had the character (talent of course) that could coexist even with their big egos. It's not coincidence that over the past few seasons all you hear about is the character/work ethic of the picks and players coming in.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
Dave_From_NB
Starter
And1: 1,535

Post#646 » by Dave_From_NB » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:50 pm

Every time he grabs a defensive rebound and starts taking the ball up the floor it feels like its the start of a highlight moment. Looking forward to the point that everyone gets him involved earlier in the possession, including taking the ball up the floor.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#647 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:01 am

Shak_Celts wrote:I want Tatum to take more shots like everyone else but I am also glad he isn't rushing himself, that can pay off immensely for us in the future!! Knowing how and when to step up will be needed in the future when you have Hayward back and hopefully another good player from the pick or trading it. Going to be hard to keep all those egos on the team and cohesive.

Just imagine how good we can be if everyone clicks and hits max potential. Wow. Kyire and Hayward (healthy) are excellent, then Tatum, Brown and pick all becoming their best? I NEED THAT!!

Things never end up that perfect but if they do, that could be one of the best 5 ever assembled if everything falls right. Maybe when we have to pay the young guys we also have old man Horford for the min, holding down the bench.

I know that DA and CBS intentionally picked guys they thought had the character (talent of course) that could coexist even with their big egos. It's not coincidence that over the past few seasons all you hear about is the character/work ethic of the picks and players coming in.

I'm already thinking about it.

I don't know how many miles Horford has on his 31 year old legs, especially since he hates being physical against bigger guys so he can't just rely on his strength.

But next year a core of Irving, Hayward with a supporting cast of Tatum and Horford if Tatum develops to do what we saw the last two games consistently and keeps up his 3 point shooting....

That's enough for a justified 60 win team.

Jaylen Brown being a stud defender with a peek a boo offensive, specifically 40% from 3 shooting, is about as good of a 5th player in that kind of starting lineup as you'll see. He should be getting a lot of open 3s.

It's making me rethink the idea of trading that Kings 19 pick for someone juicy. I still would trade it for the right player to upgrade the Horford part of the big 3. Specifically someone about 4-7 years younger to match up with our core. But if our starting lineup is set, then F it. Hold onto it and see if you can hit on another Tatum in 2019.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#648 » by Shak_Celts » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:46 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:I want Tatum to take more shots like everyone else but I am also glad he isn't rushing himself, that can pay off immensely for us in the future!! Knowing how and when to step up will be needed in the future when you have Hayward back and hopefully another good player from the pick or trading it. Going to be hard to keep all those egos on the team and cohesive.

I don't know how many miles Horford has on his 31 year old legs, especially since he hates being physical against bigger guys so he can't just rely on his strength.

But next year a core of Irving, Hayward with a supporting cast of Tatum and Horford if Tatum develops to do what we saw the last two games consistently and keeps up his 3 point shooting....

Jaylen Brown being a stud defender with a peek a boo offensive, specifically 40% from 3 shooting, is about as good of a 5th player in that kind of starting lineup as you'll see. He should be getting a lot of open 3s.

It's making me rethink the idea of trading that Kings 19 pick for someone juicy. I still would trade it for the right player to upgrade the Horford part of the big 3. Specifically someone about 4-7 years younger to match up with our core. But if our starting lineup is set, then F it. Hold onto it and see if you can hit on another Tatum in 2019.

AD is great and all but we would have to give up everything for him. All I want for XMAS (the pick) is an excellent big, he doesn't even need to be AD level to be a great fit for us. I think we can be great with old Al but I imagine how good we would be with young Al.

Kyrie
JB
Hay
Tat
Horford

Young Horford (who shoots 3s already) who will eventually start
I'd like to keep Smart and Roze but I can never gauge what DA will do. Then fill out the bench much the same as this season (wouldn't be so bad if Hayward was healthy).
celticfan42487
RealGM

Post#649 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:57 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:

AD is great and all but we would have to give up everything for him. All I want for XMAS (the pick) is an excellent big, he doesn't even need to be AD level to be a great fit for us. I think we can be great with old Al but I imagine how good we would be with young Al.

Kyrie
JB
Hay
Tat
Horford

I'd like to keep Smart and Roze but I can never gauge what DA will do. Then fill out the bench much the same as this season (wouldn't be so bad if Hayward was healthy).

I still believe you need an MVP level player to win a ring, but yeah for Horford with me... it's just stats. He's 31.

There aren't many Centers like him, but he does have noticeable weaknesses against bigger players, on the boards, and lack of ability to put the team on his back on offense or even consistently punish matchup advantages. So there are going to be players as good as him or upgrades at his position. Especially now that the Center position is having a renaissance.

But for me the big question is an aging big man. We probably don't have enough to win a ring even if Tatum develops, but at least with a young Horford we'd have the longevity.

I kind of view it as the IT trade all over again. IT played better in the regular season than Irving. But Irving is much younger and scores in a very projectable way as he ages.

I'd be willing to trade Horford and the 19 pick if you told me we could get a 25 year old Horford added to the core.

Agreed that AD will cost too much. That's why I think the most realistic path is for Cousins who I'm not sold despite his MVP like season if he's actually good enough on defense to be in that tier. He stats say he is, but we all know in game when it comes to winning rings some people are more paper tigers than not.

At least Cousins would fit Steven's offense like a glove. A super Horford. But would he be able to playmake like Horford?

Again his stats say he can playmake like Horfod, is a good 3 point shooter, great driver to the basket on close outs, great rebounder and defender and being 27 is enough to be warrant the chance that he's the missing piece.

Jut don't know if you can win with Cousins being your best player. Irving may still be the leader, but idk... he's a huge, huge personality. And his lack of zen is the exact opposite of Irving, Brown, Hayward, and Tatum's personality (which maybe that's for the best... maybe we do need one guy who is just fire surrounded by the cool rocks).
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#650 » by Shak_Celts » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:16 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:

Kyrie
JB
Hay
Tat
Horford

I still believe you need an MVP level player to win a ring, but yeah for Horford with me... it's just stats. He's 31.

There aren't many Centers like him, but he does have noticeable weaknesses against bigger players, on the boards, and lack of ability to put the team on his back on offense or even consistently punish matchup advantages. So there are going to be players as good as him or upgrades at his position. Especially now that the Center position is having a renaissance.

But for me the big question is an aging big man. We probably don't have enough to win a ring even if Tatum develops, but at least with a young Horford we'd have the longevity.

I kind of view it as the IT trade all over again. IT played better in the regular season than Irving. But Irving is much younger and scores in a very projectable way as he ages.

I'd be willing to trade Horford and the 19 pick if you told me we could get a 25 year old Horford added to the core.

Agreed that AD will cost too much. That's why I think the most realistic path is for Cousins who I'm not sold despite his MVP like season if he's actually good enough on defense to be in that tier. He stats say he is, but we all know in game when it comes to winning rings some people are more paper tigers than not.

At least Cousins would fit Steven's offense like a glove. A super Horford. But would he be able to playmake like Horford?

Again his stats say he can playmake like Horfod, is a good 3 point shooter, great driver to the basket on close outs, great rebounder and defender and being 27 is enough to be warrant the chance that he's the missing piece.

Jut don't know if you can win with Cousins being your best player. Irving may still be the leader, but idk... he's a huge, huge personality. And his lack of zen is the exact opposite of Irving, Brown, Hayward, and Tatum's personality (which maybe that's for the best... maybe we do need one guy who is just fire surrounded by the cool rocks).

I hear what you are saying about an MVP level player but we would have that if Tatum is his max level (Kyrie is already being considered but may never win). I just don't think we need a guy like Cousins on this team when the others are best case scenario. Someone has to step back and Cousins doesn't have that attitude. Wanted him for teams past but doubt he makes it on a team where he isn't a major focus all the time. That's why I said a young Horford, a guy that does everything well but doesn't need to be the major guy.

Kyrie
JB
Hay
Tat
Cous

Not enough ball to go around. You can't build a team like that. Not even GSW have. You need 2 guys like Green and Zaza or Bogut. Guys who can get buckets if they have a shot but you do the other stuff mainly.
celticfan42487
RealGM

Post#651 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:37 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:

Kyrie
JB
Hay
Tat
Horford

I hear what you are saying about an MVP level player but we would have that if Tatum is his max level (Kyrie is already being considered but may never win). I just don't think we need a guy like Cousins on this team when the others are best case scenario. Someone has to step back and Cousins doesn't have that attitude. Wanted him for teams past but doubt he makes it on a team where he isn't a major focus all the time. That's why I said a young Horford, a guy that does everything well but doesn't need to be the major guy.

Kyrie
JB
Hay
Tat
Cous

Not enough ball to go around. You can't build a team like that. Not even GSW have. You need 2 guys like Green and Zaza or Bogut. Guys who can get buckets if they have a shot but you do the other stuff mainly.

You know, great point.

We need a Draymond Green, not a Demarcus Cousins.

One is winning through offense, the other is winning through defense.

Cousins stats look good, but Green is already proven as an amazing playmaker for the "not enough balls" scenerio.

That said, I gravitate towards Cousins because he's the only big in that field that you can even half reasonably say is available.

Realistically things are going great in New Orleans. They're going to make the playoffs for the first time in forever in the West and they'll give Cousins the max with no reason for him to leave to any other team with max money in free agency unless he feels the pull of the Lakers.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#652 » by Shak_Celts » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:41 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:

Kyrie
JB
Hay
Tat
Cous

You know, great point.

We need a Draymond Green, not a Demarcus Cousins.

One is winning through offense, the other is winning through defense.

Cousins stats look good, but Green is already proven as an amazing playmaker for the "not enough balls" scenerio.

That said, I gravitate towards Cousins because he's the only big in that field that you can even half reasonably say is available.

Realistically things are going great in New Orleans. They're going to make the playoffs for the first time in forever in the West and they'll give Cousins the max with no reason for him to leave to any other team with max money in free agency unless he feels the pull of the Lakers.

AD snuck them in the season b4 last if IIRC. It came down to 1 game I think.
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#653 » by KGboss » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:46 am

This kid is a model for consistency and poise

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#654 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:48 am

░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#655 » by 3D Chess » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:59 pm

**** DEAD at KGs hood in that clip. Those red 11's are fire too
Iguodaladon
Pro Prospect
And1: 954

Post#656 » by Iguodaladon » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:00 pm

Tatum was playing nice and aggressive last night, he seemed like the only guy that could get us some FT's at some points. I didn't notice he played quite passively in the 2nd half, more often just standing in the corner quite contentedly, but it's hard to complain really when he gave us what we needed at the right times to get us that incredible win last night. Nice to see him dialling up his aggression with all these injuries we're picking up
Obama to Zach Lavine: ‘I used to be able to get up like you back in the day.’
Jaren Jackson Jr on Doncic: 'I thought he was a myth'
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,245

Post#657 » by itrsteve » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:21 pm

Iguodaladon wrote:Tatum was playing nice and aggressive last night, he seemed like the only guy that could get us some FT's at some points. I didn't notice he played quite passively in the 2nd half, more often just standing in the corner quite contentedly, but it's hard to complain really when he gave us what we needed at the right times to get us that incredible win last night. Nice to see him dialling up his aggression with all these injuries we're picking up

I noticed this too and was rather bewildered. When they were getting routed it seemed as if he got very assertive and aggressive and to be completely honest is what kept me from rage smashing my TV.

Then once the tide changed, he pulled it back and took a seat.

But this was the game he needed. He needed to brick a bunch of 3’s and still show himself how damn valuable he can be at both sides of the court in so many areas. I remember a play far from the end where he gave Harden too much space on-ball while he was directing plays as a diversion then Harden jacks up a 3; however, in clutch time, Harden back on the ball and JT learned his last lesson and blocked the hell out of it before Harden could even get it off. I shed a tear.
SeizeCoup
Lead Assistant
And1: 665

Post#658 » by SeizeCoup » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:41 pm

^^^ despite some very rookie moments on defense throughout this season, he's definitely shown an ability to step up on that end when the game is on the line. He's usually always out there with the unit that closes out games...
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,419

Post#659 » by PierceFan4ever » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:24 pm

Read on Twitter
ViperGTS
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,398

Post#660 » by ViperGTS » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:26 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote: