ImageImageImage

Welcome Jayson Tatum

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,690

Re: Welcome Jayson Tatum 

Post#701 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:45 pm

TommyPointGawd wrote:Damn homie you can't let old old things go lol. I still rock with Jackson though

Parl encouraged us to bump old threads. This was one of my first two choices. :)
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,999

Post#702 » by 31to6 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:26 am

If this is what we're doing I have yet to hide for being 100% wrong on Jackson and Tatum and I'm 100% glad about it and am 100% staying away from draft threads because I suuuuuck at it
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#703 » by Bleeding Green » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:26 am

Gomes3PC wrote:My biggest issue with Tatum is he doesn't project to be elite at anything in the NBA and we already have a plethora of "good" on this roster.

I have little concern Tatum will be a solid pro, I just don't see the explosion or ferocity to be elite on either end. The one flash of ferocity I saw was his play in the ACC tourney, but that's such a small sample that it's hard to project off 3-4 games, it might have just been a hot streak.

As Ainge himself said, we are in need of "great.". Frankly I actually see a lot greater chance Jaylen becomes great than Tatum simply be cause he has that explosion in his first step.

People will crucify me but won't shock me if Ojeleye becomes a better player than Tatum. He has more physical tools to be a swing forward and his spot up shooting could make him an immediate Jerebko replacement, and if he develops his handle a bit I'm not sure exactly what Tatum does demonstrably better. I'm very high on Ojeleye though and thought he was a top 20 prospect in this class, while I had Tatum in the 7-8 range so the gap pre draft wasn't super wide.

The good news is that the sample is still pretty small. Ojeleye might yet come out on top.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#704 » by Gomes3PC » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:59 am

Bleeding Green wrote:
Gomes3PC wrote:My biggest issue with Tatum is he doesn't project to be elite at anything in the NBA and we already have a plethora of "good" on this roster.

I have little concern Tatum will be a solid pro, I just don't see the explosion or ferocity to be elite on either end. The one flash of ferocity I saw was his play in the ACC tourney, but that's such a small sample that it's hard to project off 3-4 games, it might have just been a hot streak.

As Ainge himself said, we are in need of "great.". Frankly I actually see a lot greater chance Jaylen becomes great than Tatum simply be cause he has that explosion in his first step.

People will crucify me but won't shock me if Ojeleye becomes a better player than Tatum. He has more physical tools to be a swing forward and his spot up shooting could make him an immediate Jerebko replacement, and if he develops his handle a bit I'm not sure exactly what Tatum does demonstrably better. I'm very high on Ojeleye though and thought he was a top 20 prospect in this class, while I had Tatum in the 7-8 range so the gap pre draft wasn't super wide.

The good news is that the sample is still pretty small. Ojeleye might yet come out on top.

Hi, this is me, a dumb person who likes the Celtics, and is wrong most of the time. :D
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,638

Post#705 » by big-shot-ROB » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:28 pm

Damm, keep this bumps coming haha. Having so much fun.

Can anyone find the thread were Hayward commited to the Cs and then de-commited and everyone freaked out for like an 1h? I still remember refreshing twitter every 5 sec for what felt like an entire afternoon.
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#706 » by Bleeding Green » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:34 pm

Gomes3PC wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:

Hi, this is me, a dumb person who likes the Celtics, and is wrong most of the time. :D

Same. I'm terrified of all the bumped threads. I probably called for the Celtics to draft Kris Dunn or something at some point.

here is a direct quote I was able to find:
Bleeding Green wrote:I wonder where someone like Tyler Smith will go. I'd draft him in the top-5, but no one else seems to agree with me. Most have him in the mid-20s. I mean, give me a break: DeAndre Jordan is going to be a better pro than Tyler Smith? Please. Stop with this nonsense.

Brandon Rush would be nice, too.

It's too early to predict where anyone outside of the top 3 or so guys is going.

If you asked me today who Tyler Smith was I'd say I've never heard of him.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
TommyPointGawd
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,817

Post#707 » by TommyPointGawd » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:48 pm

You can either admit you were wrong, or you can keep an agenda forever. This is the way of the board.
I apologize for the things I have said in the past. :cry:
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#708 » by jmr07019 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:38 pm

jmr07019 wrote:I don't get why people don't think his ceiling is high. I see his ceiling as 25 ppg on good efficiency, being able to play within a team concept but also being one of the better isolation scorers in the league. On top of that he can be an above average defender and pull down 7-8 boards a game. Not the next LeBron or Jordan but top 10 player in the league is absolutely in play.

I don't always get things right so I gotta make the most of the times I do and give self-props :D
Show Love Spread Love
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,999

Post#709 » by 31to6 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:06 am

Tyler Smith was on pace to be an all-time great

(At something sometime somewhere no doubt it’s a rather common name)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,401

Post#710 » by threrf23 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:58 am

Bleeding Green wrote:Same. I'm terrified of all the bumped threads. I probably called for the Celtics to draft Kris Dunn or something at some point.

You're in the clear (or something).

search.php?keywords=kris+dunn&terms=all&author=bleeding+green&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=a&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#711 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:09 am

threrf23 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Same. I'm terrified of all the bumped threads. I probably called for the Celtics to draft Kris Dunn or something at some point.

You're in the clear (or something).

search.php?keywords=kris+dunn&terms=all&author=bleeding+green&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=a&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Yeah but I did some self-digging and found pro-Dragan Bender posts, so that's probably even worse.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,947

Post#712 » by Parliament10 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:26 am

IDK where I said it, but I can remember wanting 3 x 1st Rounders for Trading away our 1st Overall pick, in 2017.
I knew that Ainge wanted Jayson Tatum, and he said that Celtics would have picked Tatum, with the 1st pick.

For our Overall 1st in 2017, I wanted:
----------------------------------------------------
1) Jayson Tatum at 3rd Overall (2017)
2) A 2018 First Rounder.
3) A 2019 First Rounder.

Too greedy?
I was irked that Ainge didn't get 3 x Firsts.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
TommyPointGawd
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,817

Post#713 » by TommyPointGawd » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:49 am

I remember when I wanted Ainge to draft Giannis instead of Olynk. I made a bunch of post about it. I'll dig them up later
I apologize for the things I have said in the past. :cry:

Return to Boston Celtics