ImageImageImage

SI: Impending Criminal Trial May Impact Marcus Morris's Availability For Celtics

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Re: SI: Impending Criminal Trial May Impact Marcus Morris's Availability For Celtics 

Post#21 » by truth18 » Sat Jul 8, 2017 6:43 pm

ParticleMan wrote:this is not a good look for marcus (or markieff). doesn't matter what the reason was.

but it was also a while ago. let's hope he's turned a corner, or at least is taking this lesson to heart. people do mature with age. if there's any locker room that can absorb a questionable character guy, it's brad's.

These guys are WELL known in the Philly area (where I live) as bad dudes. If anyone wants more info they can PM me. I've been on record as saying that the Morris twins are the only people in the league outside of Cousins that I want no where near our young guys.

That said, I understood the move entirely from a financial and basketball perspective, but make no mistake, he's a bad guy.
YOU LOSE
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Re: SI: Impending Criminal Trial May Impact Marcus Morris's Availability For Celtics 

Post#22 » by ermocrate » Sat Jul 8, 2017 6:44 pm

Is the Jury out or you are still discussing guys?
"Negativity in this town sucks"
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Re: RE: Re: SI: Impending Criminal Trial May Impact Marcus Morris's Availability For Celtics 

Post#23 » by OldCeltics » Sat Jul 8, 2017 7:29 pm

truth18 wrote:
ParticleMan wrote:this is not a good look for marcus (or markieff). doesn't matter what the reason was.

but it was also a while ago. let's hope he's turned a corner, or at least is taking this lesson to heart. people do mature with age. if there's any locker room that can absorb a questionable character guy, it's brad's.

These guys are WELL known in the Philly area (where I live) as bad dudes. If anyone wants more info they can PM me. I've been on record as saying that the Morris twins are the only people in the league outside of Cousins that I want no where near our young guys.

That said, I understood the move entirely from a financial and basketball perspective, but make no mistake, he's a bad guy.

Wow so for the people that didn't want Cousins because of bad attitude and character, we'll see if Stevens can handle a similar personality in the locker room.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,191

Post#24 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:12 pm

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#25 » by cloverleaf » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:04 pm

threrf23 wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
I really don't know about the suspension. i think if there is any kind of conviction then some kind of suspension is likely.
Violence is never (or rarely) justified but it sounds like this was provoked by some shady text to the Morris's mother? I don't know details, but depending what that was I really don't hold kicking the dudes ass against them.

Getting 5 guys together to hospitalize a guy for inappropriately texting your mom?

Yeah, I'd hold that against them. If they actually did it, they should get jail time.

It depends on how inappropriate the text(s) was/were. Even then it's more a matter of maturity than character IMO.

Also, the charge(s) may have been trumped up with the intent of encouraging a plea to a lesser offense.

Of all the concerns I could have about a player, I am not inclined to care too much about this.

No, it doesn't depend on how inappropriate the text(s) was/were.
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#26 » by Tiny ball » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:34 pm

truth18 wrote:

How bad what kind of bad?
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#27 » by return2glory » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:44 am

Marcus Morris is actually a nice guy. One of my closest friends knows him personally.

Markieff Morris is actually the twin with more attitude but John Wall's influence on Markieff has helped. Neither twin is a saint but Marcus is the nicer twin and Markieff has being making strides.

BTW, John Wall is a really nice dude off the court.
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,275

Post#28 » by Marvel » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:01 pm

Can't stand either of these ****. Sucks 1 of them has to be on my team i root for fs.
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,275

Post#29 » by Marvel » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:03 pm

FS so is he or isn't he a nice guy. Got conflicting opinions over here.
ajones9219
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,575

Post#30 » by ajones9219 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:53 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
threrf23 wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Getting 5 guys together to hospitalize a guy for inappropriately texting your mom?

Yeah, I'd hold that against them. If they actually did it, they should get jail time.

It depends on how inappropriate the text(s) was/were. Even then it's more a matter of maturity than character IMO.

Also, the charge(s) may have been trumped up with the intent of encouraging a plea to a lesser offense.

Of all the concerns I could have about a player, I am not inclined to care too much about this.

No, it doesn't depend on how inappropriate the text(s) was/were.

Yeah, it does
GWVan
Analyst
And1: 2,549

Post#31 » by GWVan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:53 pm

truth18 wrote: If I were to find a cock pic on my mom's phone my first inclination would not be to beat the guy to death.

My mom can't handle a smart phone so my first inclination would be to ask who taped that picture onto your phone and then to tear it off. But then it probably wouldn't happen for someone in her generation. I think when she was a teen in the early 50s they didn't even have instant cameras so boys just probably had to show girls their actual dick. I'm NOT going to ask her.
Full of sound and fury; signifying nothing
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,789

Post#32 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:29 pm

Who cares, really? If Morris is incarcerated and/or suspended by the league it saves the Celtics money and it means more minutes for Tatum and Yabusele.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#33 » by Roddy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:39 pm

Detroit, I want AB back now !!! :evil:
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#34 » by ParticleMan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:59 pm

this is one of the few (first?) trade where ainge has actively gone backwards in the character department. ainge is usually quite big on this. i am thinking ainge probably did a ton of homework on morris. if he's ok with it then i'm willing to give it a chance.
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,154

Post#35 » by chakdaddy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:35 pm

I think character was a consideration in picking Jalen and Jayson. And aboiding Josh Jackson. I'm on board. Lots of guys to root for. Horford too.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,143

Post#36 » by Froob » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:42 pm

ParticleMan wrote:this is one of the few (first?) trade where ainge has actively gone backwards in the character department. ainge is usually quite big on this. i am thinking ainge probably did a ton of homework on morris. if he's ok with it then i'm willing to give it a chance.

Not like it'd be that hard to get rid of him, worst case you cut him and he's not real expensive next two years.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
VeryMuchWoke
Head Coach
And1: 7,495

Post#37 » by VeryMuchWoke » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:53 pm

ParticleMan wrote:this is one of the few (first?) trade where ainge has actively gone backwards in the character department. ainge is usually quite big on this. i am thinking ainge probably did a ton of homework on morris. if he's ok with it then i'm willing to give it a chance.

There's lots of different ways guys can be of "bad" character. For example, guys like DMC and Chriss are probably fine guys outside of the context of a basketball team and in the community, but they don't have the grit or toughness to handle when things don't go their way on the court. On the other end you have guys like Tony Allen, (current) Zach Randolph, and the Morris brothers who are hard-working gritty competitors within the context of a basketball team but involved in shady/stupid **** off the court. Given a choice between the two Ainge definitely prefers the latter type of knucklehead.
"Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him."
Pat Riley

Return to Boston Celtics