ImageImageImage

Celtics' Offseason Thread 2017

ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Re: Celtics' Offseason Thread 2017 

Post#341 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Aug 2, 2017 4:44 am

Watching Game 2 of ECSF vs Wizards. Brad had a lineup of IT-AB-Rozier-Smart-Horford that completed the 1st half comeback. What a madman lol.

Also, Zeller was so miserable on the bench while everyone else was up cheering.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#342 » by TheOGJabroni » Wed Aug 2, 2017 5:12 pm

What the heck is the deal with JaMychal Green? I thought for sure he would be a desirable name on the market.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#343 » by 3D Chess » Wed Aug 2, 2017 6:46 pm

CsBsSoxPhins wrote:What the heck is the deal with JaMychal Green? I thought for sure he would be a desirable name on the market.

Stuck in a RFA loop, just like Nerlens.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach

Post#344 » by TheOGJabroni » Wed Aug 2, 2017 7:45 pm

3D Chess wrote:
CsBsSoxPhins wrote:What the heck is the deal with JaMychal Green? I thought for sure he would be a desirable name on the market.

But I get why with Noel. Sounds like he is demanding more than Dallas or anyone is willing to pony up. I haven't heard such talk with Green. I would love to figure out a S&T offer for him. Crowder & a non-rotation player for him, something along those lines.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#345 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Aug 2, 2017 8:10 pm

Read on Twitter
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#346 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Aug 2, 2017 8:33 pm

CsBsSoxPhins wrote:
3D Chess wrote:

But I get why with Noel. Sounds like he is demanding more than Dallas or anyone is willing to pony up. I haven't heard such talk with Green. I would love to figure out a S&T offer for him. Crowder & a non-rotation player for him, something along those lines.

I think Green's case is similar to Noel's. Memphis and his agent are waiting for the other to blink first. Green wants to get paid what he thinks he's due while Grizz are letting the market (now nearly dried up) set his contract price. The offers have been far off I imagine as he hasn't signed any.

If they plan on trading him, they'd want a starting PF in return. Just checked their roster, and it's poop outside of Conley and Gasol. Is Parsons finally healthy?
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach

Post#347 » by TheOGJabroni » Thu Aug 3, 2017 1:45 pm

CrowderKeg wrote:
CsBsSoxPhins wrote:
3D Chess wrote:Stuck in a RFA loop, just like Nerlens.

I think Green's case is similar to Noel's. Memphis and his agent are waiting for the other to blink first. Green wants to get paid what he thinks he's due while Grizz are letting the market (now nearly dried up) set his contract price. The offers have been far off I imagine as he hasn't signed any.

If they plan on trading him, they'd want a starting PF in return. Just checked their roster, and it's poop outside of Conley and Gasol. Is Parsons finally healthy?

If their roster is really that poor, while being in the west, it's probably (definitely) time for them to rebuild. If I were them, I wouldn't worry so much about position as much as I would receiving young players and good players that are moved easily.
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#348 » by 2Mas » Thu Aug 3, 2017 2:10 pm

DUNC'D On Podcast both gave the Celtics off season a C-

Cause they had the #1 pick & max cap space while the ended up having to trade Bradley & trading down for Tatum while they both don't like him. Also Lakers & Kings made win now moves to hurt our picks. They're also not fans of Morris & Baynes. & Don't get why Bradley was traded for Morris.

a C freaking minus lol. I can't with ppl. People are so into their analytics. SMFH I was in the gym this morning & I shut it off after that lol. So so dumb.
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#349 » by 2Mas » Thu Aug 3, 2017 2:14 pm

CrowderKeg wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's a damn shame we never got an athletic 5, or moved KG over & got an athletic 4 next to Rondo. Woulda been really fun to watch.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#350 » by SmartWentCrazy » Thu Aug 3, 2017 2:21 pm

2Mas wrote:DUNC'D On Podcast both gave the Celtics off season a C-

Cause they had the #1 pick & max cap space while the ended up having to trade Bradley & trading down for Tatum while they both don't like him. Also Lakers & Kings made win now moves to hurt our picks. They're also not fans of Morris & Baynes. & Don't get why Bradley was traded for Morris.

a C freaking minus lol. I can't with ppl. People are so into their analytics. SMFH I was in the gym this morning & I shut it off after that lol. So so dumb.

I don't understand how they argued we're worse short term. Or how Nate Duncan gave the Nets a better grade than he gave us.

They suffer from west coast bias and the need to produce hot takes to stay relevant. Their patreon venture doesn't appear to be working from the outside as Danny LeRoux just ditched to join the athletic, so I think part of it is the desire to get listeners.

I listen to them regularly. They offer good view points and an alternative vantage point of blended analytics with optics. Everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt, however.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#351 » by ddb » Thu Aug 3, 2017 4:12 pm

Because I'm bored and there isn't anything Celtics related to talk about, would the following trade be the worst trade in NBA history? Or an awesome trade that makes Boston legit contenders for years to come?

Smart/Zizic/BK18/LAL18 to Denver for Jokic/Harris/2019 1st unprotected

I'm not suggesting I would do this deal...curious to see what people think.

New Celtics Rotation:

Thomas-Harris-Hayward-Horford-Jokic
Rozier-Brown-Crowder-Tatum-Baynes-Theiss-Larkin

Jokic is a 22 year old emerging star. Harris quietly averaged 15ppg at over 50% from the field and over 40% for 3pt. He's also a good defender and above average athlete. Also 22 years old.

what we give up? Mr Intangible himself in Marcus Smart who this board is split on. Zizic who projects to be a nice player, but more along the lines of a Steven Adams, which isn't bad at all, but not a superstar. The BK/LA picks are risky and you HATE to trade those, but it's so early in the game we have no clue where those picks will even land. If they end up being Top 5 picks in 2018 and the draft class is as good as we think, then this trade could very well backfire, but then again top picks is the cost of doing business to land a 22 year old emerging star.

I guess for Anthony Davis I would sacrifice both picks plus some....Jokic? I'm not sure. Lets also not forget we get their 2019 pick unprotected. there's no guarantee Denver is a playoff team in 2019
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Post#352 » by Darth Celtic » Thu Aug 3, 2017 4:17 pm

ddb wrote:Because I'm bored and there isn't anything Celtics related to talk about, would the following trade be the worst trade in NBA history? Or an awesome trade that makes Boston legit contenders for years to come?

New Celtics Rotation:

Jokic is a 22 year old emerging star. Harris quietly averaged 15ppg at over 50% from the field and over 40% for 3pt. He's also a good defender and above average athlete. Also 22 years old.

what we give up? Mr Intangible himself in Marcus Smart who this board is split on. Zizic who projects to be a nice player, but more along the lines of a Steven Adams, which isn't bad at all, but not a superstar. The BK/LA picks are risky and you HATE to trade those, but it's so early in the game we have no clue where those picks will even land. If they end up being Top 5 picks in 2018 and the draft class is as good as we think, then this trade could very well backfire, but then again top picks is the cost of doing business to land a 22 year old emerging star.

I guess for Anthony Davis I would sacrifice both picks plus some....Jokic? I'm not sure. Lets also not forget we get their 2019 pick unprotected. there's no guarantee Denver is a playoff team in 2019

OMG, delete this. Skywalker can smell blood 10miles away. And no, we wouldn't do it, and neither would the Nuggets
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#353 » by ddb » Thu Aug 3, 2017 4:45 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
ddb wrote:Because I'm bored and there isn't anything Celtics related to talk about, would the following trade be the worst trade in NBA history? Or an awesome trade that makes Boston legit contenders for years to come?

New Celtics Rotation:

OMG, delete this. Skywalker can smell blood 10miles away. And no, we wouldn't do it, and neither would the Nuggets

yeah I wouldn't do it either.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,423

Post#354 » by Captain_Caveman » Thu Aug 3, 2017 5:39 pm

Hahaha. So many dummies.

It's OK, the games start soon. Respect doesn't have to be given. It can be taken.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,058

Post#355 » by London2Boston » Thu Aug 3, 2017 5:48 pm

Let them have their hot takes. I love AB so damb much, but..

Hayward>>AB

Morris>KO

Tatum>>Whatever role player we had as our 8th man.

And then we have Baynes who can rebound in spot minutes, which is basically what Amir done for us. That's not including the infusion of youth with all the picks like Zizic,Yabu, Semi etc where hopefully one of them can be a hit of sorts. The narrative that we are weaker this year or gutted our depth is boring and stupid.

Oh, and the "Lets blitz and double/triple IT every single time" most definitely won't work with Al and Hayward out there as secondary playmakers.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#356 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Aug 3, 2017 6:25 pm

London2Boston wrote:

Let them have their hot takes. I love AB so damb much, but..

Hayward>>AB

Morris>KO

Tatum>>Whatever role player we had as our 8th man.

And then we have Baynes who can rebound in spot minutes, which is basically what Amir done for us. That's not including the infusion of youth with all the picks like Zizic,Yabu, Semi etc where hopefully one of them can be a hit of sorts. The narrative that we are weaker this year or gutted our depth is boring and stupid.

Oh, and the "Lets blitz and double/triple IT every single time most definitely won't work with Al and Hayward out there as secondary playmakers.

Yea to me Hayward was easily a top 5 SF last season. And MOrris is probably better than Kelly, plus we added a good rebounder, banger in Baynes, I think we are for sure better if we're healthy, easily. It's funny how most these reporters rate Bradley so high yet they've watched the C's 5 times a year and have no idea Avery has been hurt every other year and we had our best stretch las year with Brown starting before the all-star break. Now that he's off our team he's one of the best players in the league and irreplaceable. Guys are also generally trying to be provocative by saying dumb **** ala Skip, Cowherd, Skip's old bud(forgot his name).. When it comes to me it turns me off and I stop listening to these guys cause they aren't knowledgeable and are looking to get/stay famous.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
mbsnmisc
Starter
And1: 3,721

Post#357 » by mbsnmisc » Thu Aug 3, 2017 7:46 pm

They are both really negative about the C's. Of course when you have your head so far up GSW's ass it is difficult to pay attention to the rest of the league. I don't mind them during the season or when they analyze other teams, but their love of all things Oakland and utter disdain for my beloved Celtics has made me unsubscribe more than once.

**** washed out lawyers, kinda sad.
coach mang
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,401

Post#358 » by coach mang » Thu Aug 3, 2017 7:59 pm

this may b a boring one but mane... mang got a feeling favors is primed for a real goodun this season. contract year alot to prove... and nowhere to go in utah. he got no future there. if he stays healthy and is going good at the trade deadline mang would throw crowdah and a nonpremium first at utah for him mayb even dancing bear too. that should get it done.

instant rim protection and boards. u can play horford and favors together also stagger them at center. thats the kind of move that gives us a punchers chance aganest anybody in the playoffs except mayb a healthy gstate... crowdah and pick in the late teens is a fair price to pay for a soldier of fortune type rental and right of first refusal on a reup

also mangIna wonders if we can rescue hezzy out of orlando for da lo... still think theres something there... boy just needs a change of scenery....

lastly erbody likes drifits now huh? why erbody like to talk about drifits... drifits is code for spandex.... if u have friends that talk about drifits tell them they wear spandex.... say u wear spandex dawwww yeahhhhhhh
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,999

Post#359 » by 31to6 » Thu Aug 3, 2017 9:09 pm

CrowderKeg wrote:
Read on Twitter

wow -- was that the year Wilcox won MVP?
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
yeahM8
Starter
And1: 3,682

Post#360 » by yeahM8 » Thu Aug 3, 2017 9:44 pm

31to6 wrote:
CrowderKeg wrote:
Read on Twitter

wow -- was that the year Wilcox won MVP?

Always thought Wilcox looked like a method man / skinny busta hybrid vibe

Anyone else or just me

Return to Boston Celtics