ImageImageImage

Celtics' Offseason Thread 2017

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

KumaJG
Sixth Man
And1: 1,069

Re: Celtics' Offseason Thread 2017 

Post#361 » by KumaJG » Thu Aug 3, 2017 10:34 pm

2Mas wrote:
CrowderKeg wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's a damn shame we never got an athletic 5, or moved KG over & got an athletic 4 next to Rondo. Woulda been really fun to watch.

When the last time we had an athletic big?
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#362 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Aug 3, 2017 10:43 pm

coach mang wrote:this may b a boring one but mane... mang got a feeling favors is primed for a real goodun this season. contract year alot to prove... and nowhere to go in utah. he got no future there. if he stays healthy and is going good at the trade deadline mang would throw crowdah and a nonpremium first at utah for him mayb even dancing bear too. that should get it done.

instant rim protection and boards. u can play horford and favors together also stagger them at center. thats the kind of move that gives us a punchers chance aganest anybody in the playoffs except mayb a healthy gstate... crowdah and pick in the late teens is a fair price to pay for a soldier of fortune type rental and right of first refusal on a reup

also mangIna wonders if we can rescue hezzy out of orlando for da lo... still think theres something there... boy just needs a change of scenery....

lastly erbody likes drifits now huh? why erbody like to talk about drifits... drifits is code for spandex.... if u have friends that talk about drifits tell them they wear spandex.... say u wear spandex dawwww yeahhhhhhh

Favors is actually more like Horford as a rebounder. Might get better with health and more minutes, but defense is his strength.
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#363 » by Roddy » Fri Aug 4, 2017 9:48 am

KumaJG wrote:
2Mas wrote:
CrowderKeg wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's a damn shame we never got an athletic 5, or moved KG over & got an athletic 4 next to Rondo. Woulda been really fun to watch.

Well, Glen Davis and Jared Sullinger are not really athletic but they are pretty big.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,288

Post#364 » by Froob » Fri Aug 4, 2017 3:27 pm

Some on Twitter are saying Cs in DC Xmas day. Cool matchup if true, gonna miss it visiting my girl's family in Alaska (going somewhere colder for Christmas lol..) but loving this rivarly building up. Hope we get sweet jerseys again for Christmas.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Post#365 » by ZeroTolerance » Sun Aug 6, 2017 7:51 pm

ddb wrote:Because I'm bored and there isn't anything Celtics related to talk about, would the following trade be the worst trade in NBA history? Or an awesome trade that makes Boston legit contenders for years to come?

Smart/Zizic/BK18/LAL18 to Denver for Jokic/Harris/2019 1st unprotected

I'm not suggesting I would do this deal...curious to see what people think.

New Celtics Rotation:

Thomas-Harris-Hayward-Horford-Jokic
Rozier-Brown-Crowder-Tatum-Baynes-Theiss-Larkin

Jokic is a 22 year old emerging star. Harris quietly averaged 15ppg at over 50% from the field and over 40% for 3pt. He's also a good defender and above average athlete. Also 22 years old.

what we give up? Mr Intangible himself in Marcus Smart who this board is split on. Zizic who projects to be a nice player, but more along the lines of a Steven Adams, which isn't bad at all, but not a superstar. The BK/LA picks are risky and you HATE to trade those, but it's so early in the game we have no clue where those picks will even land. If they end up being Top 5 picks in 2018 and the draft class is as good as we think, then this trade could very well backfire, but then again top picks is the cost of doing business to land a 22 year old emerging star.

I guess for Anthony Davis I would sacrifice both picks plus some....Jokic? I'm not sure. Lets also not forget we get their 2019 pick unprotected. there's no guarantee Denver is a playoff team in 2019

It's an interesting idea.....but I doubt either team would do this....

For the Nuggets, Jokic is as much their cornerstone piece as Porzingis is to the Knicks.... They wouldn't do it....

And I'd seriously doubt the Celtics would trade their bulldog Marcus Smart.....He's the heart and soul of the club...I can't see this happening?

I know everyone is coveting these Euro bigs who can step out and shoot the three ball...and the Euros are always greener in the other fellows yard.....

But you gotta remember those guys play for the Nuggets....and their numbers are just not the same when they play away from their mile high surroundings...Players who are stars there usually become average players once they are traded away to somewhere else...

I'd be a bit weary of such a trade....The fact that Gordon Hayward played in Utah's elevation half the time kinda scares me about him.....I dunno?
Acountant_Z
Junior
And1: 169

Post#366 » by Acountant_Z » Mon Aug 7, 2017 11:28 am

ZeroTolerance wrote:It's an interesting idea.....but I doubt either team would do this....

For the Nuggets, Jokic is as much their cornerstone piece as Porzingis is to the Knicks.... They wouldn't do it....

And I'd seriously doubt the Celtics would trade their bulldog Marcus Smart.....He's the heart and soul of the club...I can't see this happening?

I know everyone is coveting these Euro bigs who can step out and shoot the three ball...and the Euros are always greener in the other fellows yard.....

But you gotta remember those guys play for the Nuggets....and their numbers are just not the same when they play away from their mile high surroundings...Players who are stars there usually become average players once they are traded away to somewhere else...

I'd be a bit weary of such a trade....The fact that Gordon Hayward played in Utah's elevation half the time kinda scares me about him.....I dunno?

Have you actually seen Jokic play?
AD is a phenomenal player but for Celtics, there is no better fit than Jokic.
OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Post#367 » by OFWGKTA » Mon Aug 7, 2017 3:04 pm

Froob wrote:Some on Twitter are saying Cs in DC Xmas day. Cool matchup if true, gonna miss it visiting my girl's family in Alaska (going somewhere colder for Christmas lol..) but loving this rivarly building up. Hope we get sweet jerseys again for Christmas.

Froob part of Clause family confirmed
Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#368 » by Froob » Mon Aug 7, 2017 3:24 pm

OFWGKTA wrote:
Froob wrote:Some on Twitter are saying Cs in DC Xmas day. Cool matchup if true, gonna miss it visiting my girl's family in Alaska (going somewhere colder for Christmas lol..) but loving this rivarly building up. Hope we get sweet jerseys again for Christmas.

Froob part of Clause family confirmed

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,058

Post#369 » by London2Boston » Mon Aug 7, 2017 9:48 pm

NBA probably wants to build the supposed rivalry with the Wizards. Shame we are on the road for Xmas again though.
williambh3
Junior
And1: 203

Post#370 » by williambh3 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 11:44 pm

ZeroTolerance wrote:
ddb wrote:Because I'm bored and there isn't anything Celtics related to talk about, would the following trade be the worst trade in NBA history? Or an awesome trade that makes Boston legit contenders for years to come?

New Celtics Rotation:

Jokic is a 22 year old emerging star. Harris quietly averaged 15ppg at over 50% from the field and over 40% for 3pt. He's also a good defender and above average athlete. Also 22 years old.

what we give up? Mr Intangible himself in Marcus Smart who this board is split on. Zizic who projects to be a nice player, but more along the lines of a Steven Adams, which isn't bad at all, but not a superstar. The BK/LA picks are risky and you HATE to trade those, but it's so early in the game we have no clue where those picks will even land. If they end up being Top 5 picks in 2018 and the draft class is as good as we think, then this trade could very well backfire, but then again top picks is the cost of doing business to land a 22 year old emerging star.

I guess for Anthony Davis I would sacrifice both picks plus some....Jokic? I'm not sure. Lets also not forget we get their 2019 pick unprotected. there's no guarantee Denver is a playoff team in 2019

I'm expecting Hayward to shoot 35-25-65 splits this year now that he's out of that altitude. The ball just flies straight into the basket up there.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#371 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Aug 8, 2017 12:51 am

Watching 2009 1st round series vs. Bulls. On game 1. I may or may not be seeing this for the first time. Where's the game thread? I have thoughts.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,280

Post#372 » by brackdan70 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:27 pm

williambh3 wrote:
ZeroTolerance wrote:

New Celtics Rotation:

I'm expecting Hayward to shoot 35-25-65 splits this year now that he's out of that altitude. The ball just flies straight into the basket up there.

actually the denser sea level air provides more friction and control...look for 55/45/90.
Sign here
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#373 » by celtxman » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:52 pm

New Celtics Rotation:

I would do the trade in a heartbeat, but Denver wouldn't. The idea of getting a player like Jokic - getting paid below a rookie contract for a couple of years and keeping Tatum and Brown is an awesome scenario. There may or may not be the opportunity to get a Top 10 player at a position of need.
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#374 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:24 am

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#375 » by Disinformation » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:35 pm

CrowderKeg wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'll save you a click: Celtics are 4th.
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
Writebloc
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,615

Post#376 » by Writebloc » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:39 pm

My wife is from Alaska, family's from Juneau, where's your GF from?

I've gone twice now, SE Alaska is beautiful. We went to Sitka last trip, loved it.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#377 » by Froob » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:44 pm

Writebloc wrote:

My wife is from Alaska, family's from Juneau, where's your GF from?

I've gone twice now, SE Alaska is beautiful. We went to Sitka last trip, loved it.

She's not from there, she's an army brat. She moved out since her parents moved to Fairbanks. I hear Alaska is beautiful, but not a huge fan of being there in December hah but I do really look forward to it.

RIP The_Hater
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#378 » by Froob » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:50 pm

KumaJG wrote:
2Mas wrote:
CrowderKeg wrote:
Read on Twitter

That was a great game, ran 11 1/2 miles on a treadmill watching it hah and triple J had the only good game of his NBA career.

RIP The_Hater
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#379 » by 2Mas » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:16 pm

Disinformation wrote:
CrowderKeg wrote:
Read on Twitter

What is so good about the Spurs & their off season?

They tied up most of their flexibility next season.
I highly doubt Green, Gay & Aldridge opt out in an extra tight market.
Their big rotation is Aldridge, Gasol, Bertans, Lauvergne. No body to protect the rim nor switch out on a guard.
Are Mills & Murray really a contending starting PG rotation?

I mean their still gonna win 50 games. But I could see 50-32 & a first round out for them. Think Gsw, Okc, Hou are all better & have much more fire power.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Post#380 » by ZeroTolerance » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:28 pm

2Mas wrote:
Disinformation wrote:
CrowderKeg wrote:
Read on Twitter

What is so good about the Spurs & their off season?

They tied up most of their flexibility next season.
I highly doubt Green, Gay & Aldridge opt out in an extra tight market.
Their big rotation is Aldridge, Gasol, Bertans, Lauvergne. No body to protect the rim nor switch out on a guard.
Are Mills & Murray really a contending starting PG rotation?

I mean their still gonna win 50 games. But I could see 50-32 & a first round out for them. Think Gsw, Okc, Hou are all better & have much more fire power.

I was just looking over their roster.....Other than Leonard, they really don't have much....You kind of get the felling that they might be in decline?....Just too many older players.... only a few real bright spots....but you should never count them out, even if it's only because of Pop....

Return to Boston Celtics