ImageImageImage

Jaylen browns next step

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Asian Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,611

Re: Jaylen browns next step 

Post#261 » by Asian Celtic » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:17 am

liveod wrote:Jaylen is a bad 3pt shooter.

Stopped at this.
CSL_1904
Veteran
And1: 3,479

Post#262 » by CSL_1904 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:33 am

He did much better in the 2nd half last night. The most important thing is that he wasn't forcing any shots, they were just not falling during the 1st half
darylbe
Rookie
And1: 554

Post#263 » by darylbe » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:10 pm

he's so focused on shooting the 3, but if he isn't hitting it like the first half last night, why not focus on driving- even if he doesn't get it, most times will likely foul repeatedly. im more confident in JB driving and either getting +1 or getting fouled rather than him throwing bricks in the air.

I get it- shooting 3s is important, and we are going to shoot more than other teams. but when THREE of your players go what... 5 for 30??? the approach has got to change.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#264 » by 3D Chess » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:21 pm

Some respect from the refs would be nice. He needs to keep shooting the 3 to keep the defense honest, and he will need it to be respectable to fulfill his potential so I don't mind if he keep shooting it.
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#265 » by Edug27 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:24 pm

darylbe wrote:he's so focused on shooting the 3, but if he isn't hitting it like the first half last night, why not focus on driving- even if he doesn't get it, most times will likely foul repeatedly. im more confident in JB driving and either getting +1 or getting fouled rather than him throwing bricks in the air.

I get it- shooting 3s is important, and we are going to shoot more than other teams. but when THREE of your players go what... 5 for 30??? the approach has got to change.

Na. Live and die bro... live and die.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,372

Post#266 » by Homerclease » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:28 pm

Edug27 wrote:
darylbe wrote:he's so focused on shooting the 3, but if he isn't hitting it like the first half last night, why not focus on driving- even if he doesn't get it, most times will likely foul repeatedly. im more confident in JB driving and either getting +1 or getting fouled rather than him throwing bricks in the air.

This. Young players are inconsistent. Bad shooting nights are going to happen. Hell, the night prior against the Knicks Jaylen couldn't miss. His 3 point shots were all good looks taken within the flow of the offense unlike Marcus who decides to launch up prayers at least 3 times a game. The best way for brown to improve his shot is to keep shooting. Proof was in the pudding last night when he drained 2 3's in the second half
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#267 » by Dannyboy36 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:33 pm

Homerclease wrote:
Edug27 wrote:

This. Young players are inconsistent. Bad shooting nights are going to happen. Hell, the night prior against the Knicks Jaylen couldn't miss. His 3 point shots were all good looks taken within the flow of the offense unlike Marcus who decides to launch up prayers at least 3 times a game. The best way for brown to improve his shot is to keep shooting. Proof was in the pudding last night when he drained 2 3's in the second half

I can’t wait to have a celebratory drink when Smart is traded.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,372

Post#268 » by Homerclease » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:36 pm

Dannyboy36 wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Edug27 wrote:

Smarts play in the 4th is a big reason why they won last night.
liveod
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,082

Post#269 » by liveod » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:37 pm

Asian Celtic wrote:
liveod wrote:Jaylen is a bad 3pt shooter.

Stopped at this.

Ok. He is. He isn't a good shooter yet, doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
Celtics_Champs wrote:Abby Chin always looks good. She blocked me on Twitter and to this day I have no idea and I never said anything to her. One day I will see her on sidelines and ask her why oh why.
Fantaxp7
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,613

Post#270 » by Fantaxp7 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:46 pm

At first I was thinking Jaylen maybe was intimidated by their overall length. Even though he has looked fearless.

But then again at the start of the second half I think the way we counteracted that was with the great ball movement and improved perimeter shooting. So likely Stevens was encouraging Jaylen's shooting (which I personally had no problems with).
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#271 » by Slartibartfast » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:29 pm

Homerclease wrote:
Dannyboy36 wrote:
Homerclease wrote:This. Young players are inconsistent. Bad shooting nights are going to happen. Hell, the night prior against the Knicks Jaylen couldn't miss. His 3 point shots were all good looks taken within the flow of the offense unlike Marcus who decides to launch up prayers at least 3 times a game. The best way for brown to improve his shot is to keep shooting. Proof was in the pudding last night when he drained 2 3's in the second half

I want Smart on the team, but we need a better #1 bench scoring option. He made some bad shots.
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Post#272 » by Baller1234a » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:34 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Dannyboy36 wrote:

I want Smart on the team, but we need a better #1 bench scoring option. He made some bad shots.

Scary Terry
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]
OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Post#273 » by OFWGKTA » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:36 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Dannyboy36 wrote:

Don't sleep on Morris
Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.
ballup
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,526

Re: RE: Re: Jaylen browns next step 

Post#274 » by ballup » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:41 pm

711takeover wrote:I love brown but in no way is he better than Harrison Barnes right now sorry
Who would suggest that? Barnes is one of the best ISO scorers rn

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#275 » by ddb » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:47 pm

OFWGKTA wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Homerclease wrote:Smarts play in the 4th is a big reason why they won last night.

Don't sleep on Morris

Morris will help. People are sleeping on this dude. He can play both sides of the ball.

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app
OFWGKTA
General Manager

Post#276 » by OFWGKTA » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:51 pm

ddb wrote:
OFWGKTA wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

Don't sleep on Morris

Morris will help. People are sleeping on this dude. He can play both sides of the ball.

I see him in sort of an Evan Turner mold offensively for this team off the bench, but less passing and more 3PT shooting.
Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#277 » by Slartibartfast » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:52 pm

ddb wrote:
OFWGKTA wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

Don't sleep on Morris

I like Morris too, but he has a lot of the same problems - more confidence than efficiency offensively.

A better 3rd or 4th option with starters than a go-to guy.

I think Tatum would be my guy.
OFWGKTA
General Manager

Post#278 » by OFWGKTA » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:55 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
ddb wrote:
OFWGKTA wrote:

Don't sleep on Morris

I like Morris too, but he has a lot of the same problems - more confidence than efficiency offensively.

A better 3rd or 4th option with starters than a go-to guy.

I think Tatum would be my guy.

I think Morris' efficiency will get a big boost on this team, Phoenix was a mess and Detroit's spacing was awful with Drummond. I'm predicting somewhere around 55-58%TS this season for him.

return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#279 » by return2glory » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:10 pm

OFWGKTA wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Homerclease wrote:Smarts play in the 4th is a big reason why they won last night.

Don't sleep on Morris

Morris will be a good scorer off the bench. But I think he will start as soon as he is ready to go and in game shape.

Morris is one of our top 5 players. He just hasn't played yet. Seems like a lot of people are sleeping on him.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#280 » by return2glory » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:12 pm

Jaylen has shown improvement over last year. That's a good sign. But he has a long way to go. 52% FT shooting? He needs to work on that along with his 3 point shooting and handles. But I like the improvements he has made so far.

FT shooting and 3PT will most likely come sooner. Ball handling, passing, court awareness and feel for the game might take longer for him. Maybe 2-3 more years.

Return to Boston Celtics