ImageImageImage

Kyrie Irving wants to be traded!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Re: Kyrie Irving wants to be traded! 

Post#1661 » by Edug27 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:52 pm

ZeroTolerance wrote:Question: Would it be worth it to give up Tatum if the prize was getting Kristaps Porzengis in the swap?

I mean Porziegis has also been linked to a possible Irving deal.....

Maybe we give up Tatum and a lessor first rounder to get him?......And Irving ends up in NY as part of a deal that sends Anthony away to Houston where presumably he wants to land?

The Rockets send away bad contract Ryan Anderson and Trevor Ariza out to NY plus a future pick....

Cleveland gets Tatum and our old pal Courtney Lee plus our pick swapped with their next future #1....

Does Danny deal away a future prospect to land Porzingus?

And would you do that?

Don't see why reason for NY. Who is Kyrie going to NY to play with? Tim Hardaway? A disgruntled Melo?
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,322

Post#1662 » by Froob » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:55 pm

Ultimately, doesn't Kyrie have to play to get paid? He doesn't have that much leverage to get out. I'd rather make him play than take a deal that makes the team worse if I'm Cleveland.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,274

Post#1663 » by mademan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:56 pm

Edug27 wrote:
mademan wrote:I don't like how much Boston would have to give up to get him, but I'll understand if they end up trading for him. Just on the financials alone, kyrie is much more marketable than it and will personally save the owners 30+ million next year. Is that worth crowder and brown? I don't think so, but they might make the money move.

Definitely worth Crowder and Brown. Just gets cloudy when you start mentioning IT in the deal.

I thought it was obvious I meant IT also. I don't think it's worth it, but I'm not the one cashing the cheques. I'm not sure how willing the owners gonna be to pay 30+ mill in tax for a non contender.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,552

Post#1664 » by Wolfgang630 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:00 pm

bigfoot_cryptozoology wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:
Without a goodly amount of talent being returned in a deal and that is Love and Kyrie.

No, nobody wants them. The Knicks are in rebuilding mode and Kyrie the iso shooting PG isn't someone we want to build around at all. Love has no space on this team because the Knicks care about younger players to build around KP. KP is the focal point of the team.

You don't think you're a bit biased evaluating this deal?
Personally, if the Knicks are committed to rebuilding,
then probably the smartest thing they've done for ages,
but we shall see with your owner?

Dolan said he's keeping out of it. We have a new GM who is very respected by his peers. They put a statement out said we're going young . They want to rebuild and get rid of Melo so we can build around KP. Too bad Melo has a dumb NTC and is ruining it.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Post#1665 » by ZeroTolerance » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:01 pm

Froob wrote:I don't think Porzingis is for sale. Only reason he was going to get traded was because of Phil.

Understood.....But Phil is gone and they have a problem or two that he left behind....

Anthony wants out....And Porzingis seems indifferent about his future with NY.....

Just maybe he would like to play in Boston?

Tatum is terrific....don't get me wrong but you have to give something to get something in return....And if we want to contend this year, we can do that with the group we have plus the likes of Porzingis..

I know it's a tough call either way and a huge gamble....but maybe I would do this deal....

BTW... this 4-team blockbuster works in the trade checker....
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1666 » by Froob » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:02 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:
No, nobody wants them. The Knicks are in rebuilding mode and Kyrie the iso shooting PG isn't someone we want to build around at all. Love has no space on this team because the Knicks care about younger players to build around KP. KP is the focal point of the team.

You don't think you're a bit biased evaluating this deal?
Personally, if the Knicks are committed to rebuilding,
then probably the smartest thing they've done for ages,
but we shall see with your owner?

Dolan said he's keeping out of it. We have a new GM who is very respected by his peers. They put a statement out said we're going young . They want to rebuild and get rid of Melo so we can build around KP. Too bad Melo has a dumb NTC and is ruining it.

Not sure why Melo become the bad guy, they gave him that contract. He's well within his right to use that NTC.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1667 » by Froob » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:03 pm

ZeroTolerance wrote:
Froob wrote:I don't think Porzingis is for sale. Only reason he was going to get traded was because of Phil.

Understood.....But Phil is gone and they have a problem or two that he left behind....

Anthony wants out....And Porzingis seems indifferent about his future with NY.....

Tatum is terrific....don't get me wrong but you have to give something to get something in return....And if we want to contend this year, we can do that with the group we have plus the likes of Porzingis..

I know it's a tough call either way and huge gamble....but maybe I would do this deal....

Zinger is still basically under their control for 6 more years though (nobody ever uses the QO and bails).

RIP The_Hater
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man

Post#1668 » by ZeroTolerance » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Froob wrote:
ZeroTolerance wrote:

I know it's a tough call either way and huge gamble....but maybe I would do this deal....

Zinger is still basically under their control for 6 more years though (nobody ever uses the QO and bails).

I dunno? .....but with all the debate about IT/ Irving etc... I figured we needed another little wrinkle to think about....

May as well juice up the summer crowd with some more food for thought...
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man

Post#1669 » by ZeroTolerance » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:23 pm

Edug27 wrote:
ZeroTolerance wrote:Question: Would it be worth it to give up Tatum if the prize was getting Kristaps Porzengis in the swap?

Maybe we give up Tatum and a lessor first rounder to get him?......And Irving ends up in NY as part of a deal that sends Anthony away to Houston where presumably he wants to land?

The Rockets send away bad contract Ryan Anderson and Trevor Ariza out to NY plus a future pick....

Cleveland gets Tatum and our old pal Courtney Lee plus our pick swapped with their next future #1....

And would you do that?

Don't see why reason for NY.... Who is Kyrie going to NY to play with? Tim Hardaway? A disgruntled Melo?

Melo is sent to Houston for Anderson and the expiring Trevor Ariza.. Kyrie becomes the main man....they already drafted another euro to play center... and maybe we send them Zizic too? ....Who knows?..They are rebuilding with a rookie point that they drafted....They would likely have to give up something to move Melo....

Anderson has two years remaining I think....and he sort of fills the stretch big role left by Porzingus...Theres value there for them...
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#1670 » by Edug27 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:25 pm

ZeroTolerance wrote:
Edug27 wrote:

And would you do that?

Don't see why reason for NY.... Who is Kyrie going to NY to play with? Tim Hardaway? A disgruntled Melo?

Melo is sent to Houston for Anderson and the expiring Trevor Ariza.. Kyrie becomes the main man....they drafted another euro to play center... and maybe we send them Zizic too? ....Who knows?..they are rebuilding....They would likely have to give up something to move Melo....

Anderson has two years remaining I think....and he sort of fills the stretch big role left by Porzingus...Theres value there for them...

So it's either ... Kyrie surrounded by mediocre talent... Or Porzingis surrounded by mediocre talent.

Still don't see the point for NY to get involved.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man

Post#1671 » by ZeroTolerance » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:28 pm

Edug27 wrote:
ZeroTolerance wrote:
Edug27 wrote:

Melo is sent to Houston for Anderson and the expiring Trevor Ariza.. Kyrie becomes the main man....they drafted another euro to play center... and maybe we send them Zizic too? ....Who knows?..they are rebuilding....They would likely have to give up something to move Melo....

So it's either ... Kyrie surrounded by mediocre talent... Or Porzingis surrounded by mediocre talent.

Still don't see the point for NY to get involved.

And when has that ever stopped them?....Their fans demand action now.....as per always...

Irving is an established star....and star power sells in NY....They do it....
Jakeopp
General Manager
And1: 9,983

Post#1672 » by Jakeopp » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:27 pm

Edug27 wrote:
mademan wrote:I don't like how much Boston would have to give up to get him, but I'll understand if they end up trading for him. Just on the financials alone, kyrie is much more marketable than it and will personally save the owners 30+ million next year. Is that worth crowder and brown? I don't think so, but they might make the money move.

Definitely worth Crowder and Brown. Just gets cloudy when you start mentioning IT in the deal.

IT + Jae i'd be ok with. Jaylen + Jae I could learn to live with, but absolutely no way we start Kyrie and IT on the same team. Worst defensive guard duo in the league.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,985

Post#1673 » by jfs1000d » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:35 pm

Irving to knicks while keeping zinger is optimum. I think Celtics have to determine if an IT and Kyrie backcourt can work. I am not interested in trading IT for Irving. It doesn't make us much better and it keeps Cleveland too good.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
KumaJG
Sixth Man
And1: 1,069

Post#1674 » by KumaJG » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:03 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
KumaJG wrote:
LongTimeFan wrote:I think this wanting to be traded is enough to get us by Cleveland. We have substantially upgraded our offense and possibly our defensive rebounding. We have so many young development prospects that it is going to be difficult on any given night to figure out what Celtic team you are facing and when. It is going to be difficult for Stevens and he'll know and control the plan.

Our relentless, energetic, chaotic attack will wear on the Cavs already discordant souls. At the end of the game, they'll make mistakes and the ball will bounce our way. I think Kyrie sees the writing on the wall. The Celtics Dynasty 2.0 is emerging and he sees Cleveland in decline. It is time to get out of Dodge.

We have 2.25 stars and Cle have LBJ & a star. We are still one more player away.

Nah.

We are. IT2 and Gordon our only true stars and LBJ so much better than them combine it is ridiculous. We still don't have bigs that can deal with KLove or Tristan Thompson. Not to mention Kyrie who is still on the roster.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1675 » by Froob » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:21 pm

Bill Simmons brought up a good point, would Phoenix be unwilling to deal Jackson because of the Suns promise and the way they conspired to get him and keep him from working out in Boston (Which I don't have a problem with, it's not an unusual thing to do just the way they canceled on Boston mid flight was really douchey. Just don't work out at all..)? It might look real bad with agent relationships to promise to take Jackson and keep him from working out in Boston and turn around and trade him.

RIP The_Hater
OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Post#1676 » by OFWGKTA » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:36 pm

Froob wrote:Bill Simmons brought up a good point, would Phoenix be unwilling to deal Jackson because of the Suns promise and the way they conspired to get him and keep him from working out in Boston (Which I don't have a problem with, it's not an unusual thing to do just the way they canceled on Boston mid flight was really douchey. Just don't work out at all..)? It might look real bad with agent relationships to promise to take Jackson and keep him from working out in Boston and turn around and trade him.

Jackon's agent is like the worst agent in the NBA by far, his relationship really shouldn't matter much to GMs.
Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.
La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,106

Post#1677 » by La Flame » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:40 pm

OFWGKTA wrote:
Froob wrote:Bill Simmons brought up a good point, would Phoenix be unwilling to deal Jackson because of the Suns promise and the way they conspired to get him and keep him from working out in Boston (Which I don't have a problem with, it's not an unusual thing to do just the way they canceled on Boston mid flight was really douchey. Just don't work out at all..)? It might look real bad with agent relationships to promise to take Jackson and keep him from working out in Boston and turn around and trade him.

Jackon's agent is like the worst agent in the NBA by far, his relationship really shouldn't matter much to GMs.

Really do hope Cavs will trade with the Suns. Sends Kyrie to another conference and Jackson gets to rot in Cleveland after Lebron leaves
Bohemian
Analyst
And1: 3,308

Post#1678 » by Bohemian » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:21 pm

I hope Kyrie gets traded to the Suns or the Knicks and we finally stop this nonsense.
LongTimeFan
Analyst
And1: 292

Post#1679 » by LongTimeFan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:40 pm

You guys are missing my point. The first dynasty was built on a team concept of relentless attack or pace and a team first mentality. LA had the stars, the dominating stars. In 1969 they had the three best, Chamberlain, West and Baylor. They lost to a by comparison, mediocre set of players. Russel basically didn't do anything on offense. Nonetheless, at the end of the game exhaustion set in and our opponents made mistakes.

This dynasty is coming and it is going to be more like the Patriots, where we'll attack their weakness seven different ways. The pace will be exhausting. I think we are good enough now, given the Cavs team discord, to beat them. And Golden States days are numbered too.

I am not saying we'll definitely beat them next year. But I think we are closer than people think and we will get better with every game we play.

Irving is wise to want to get out of Cleveland.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,396

Post#1680 » by Homerclease » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:45 pm

I don't think so, Jackson is just really damn good despite his actions toward Boston. Kid is a stud type prospect that fits the Suns current timeline with Booker and friends. Jackson is the perfect compliment to Booker on the wing, I wouldn't deal him and Bledsoe for Kyrie either

Return to Boston Celtics