ImageImageImage

Will Jayson Tatum Be a likely benchwarmer in 2017-18?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,313

Re: Will Jayson Tatum Be a likely benchwarmer in 2017-18? 

Post#81 » by Homerclease » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Elrod is Back wrote:
eris wrote:I agree with bfb's "5 players for 3 positions", but I'd make it 5.5 for 3 positions

Hayward, Crowder, Morris, Brown, & Tatum plus Smart will play some wing as well. There will still be plenty of time for all of them, plus a few minutes for someone else now and then. If all goes exceptionally well Crowder's and/or Morris' minutes will get squeezed down over the course of the season. Then there are injuries and days of rest and Morris' court case to open up time for others as well.

Horford and Baynes will eat up most of the 48 for big with Ante or Theis getting a taste from time to time. No reason to play AH more than 30 minutes a night. Baynes can play the rest unless or until Zizic and/or Theis prove they should be taking his minutes.

IT and Smart will eat up almost all the 48 for guard. Like AH, no reason to play IT long minutes, so 30 a game would be fine. Smart can play the other 18 along with a few at the wing. Rozier will get a taste from time to time and again there are injuries and days of rest where he can get some time.

I really don't see minutes for more than 1 rookie wing to develop this year if the C's are playing to win, and I expect them to be doing that. That 1 rookie doesn't have to be Tatum. Ojelay, Yabusele or even Nadar could beat him out...but I seriously doubt they will.

Excellent analysis, and it points to a remaining problem: what if Rozier makes the jump this year, which is not out of the question? Whose minutes does he take? I have no idea how this math will work barring injuries or seem of the kids--i.e. Tatum & Brown-- stalling badly and unexpectedly in their development.

Nice fake sig, nevermind the fact that those two quotes were from two separate posts. You are a small, small child.
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,125

Post#82 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:20 pm

tombattor wrote:
SLCceltic wrote:
CrowderKeg wrote:No, he won't. He'll have the same leash as Brown last year but he'll play every game when healthy. Around 8th or 9th man in rotation minutes.

I just hope he and Brown get to play with a couple of starters more instead of alongside fellow young fellas. Stagger those starters, Stevens.

Rookie Tatum >>> Rookie Brown
Its not even close !
Tatum will be a star, Jaylen might be a star.

He's not. Playing well in the summer league is not the same as playing well in the regular season.

Not true. Remember when Marcus Smart dominated SL and then shot 50% from the field in the regular season? Oh right.
Elrod is Back
Starter
And1: 2,241

Post#83 » by Elrod is Back » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:21 pm

Homerclease wrote:
Elrod is Back wrote:
eris wrote:I agree with bfb's "5 players for 3 positions", but I'd make it 5.5 for 3 positions

Hayward, Crowder, Morris, Brown, & Tatum plus Smart will play some wing as well. There will still be plenty of time for all of them, plus a few minutes for someone else now and then. If all goes exceptionally well Crowder's and/or Morris' minutes will get squeezed down over the course of the season. Then there are injuries and days of rest and Morris' court case to open up time for others as well.

Horford and Baynes will eat up most of the 48 for big with Ante or Theis getting a taste from time to time. No reason to play AH more than 30 minutes a night. Baynes can play the rest unless or until Zizic and/or Theis prove they should be taking his minutes.

IT and Smart will eat up almost all the 48 for guard. Like AH, no reason to play IT long minutes, so 30 a game would be fine. Smart can play the other 18 along with a few at the wing. Rozier will get a taste from time to time and again there are injuries and days of rest where he can get some time.

I really don't see minutes for more than 1 rookie wing to develop this year if the C's are playing to win, and I expect them to be doing that. That 1 rookie doesn't have to be Tatum. Ojelay, Yabusele or even Nadar could beat him out...but I seriously doubt they will.

Excellent analysis, and it points to a remaining problem: what if Rozier makes the jump this year, which is not out of the question? Whose minutes does he take? I have no idea how this math will work barring injuries or seem of the kids--i.e. Tatum & Brown-- stalling badly and unexpectedly in their development.

Nice fake sig, nevermind the fact that those two quotes were from two separate posts. You are a small, small child.

I think it is a public service that I share your assessments of me with everyone who might read one of my posts, so they can ignore me once they see a person of your intellect and integrity regards me as a baby, infantile, a fascist, and the worst poster in the history of the Internet. Perhaps you are correct, although I think the fascist charge would surprise anyone who knows me and what I stand for at all. I only wish I could include your most recent examples, but there is a strict space limit on sigs. That is why I used the .... to connect two separate attacks you made on me in the same thread. I don't think it altered the meaning one iota. I am still a fascist and the worst poster ever, aren't I? I do want to get this right.

I assumed you would approve of my doing this, since you have devoted so many posts to colorfully explaining your opinion of me. Nary a one has not had one of your memorable uses of the English language. You really have a talent.
enzino
Veteran
And1: 141

Post#84 » by enzino » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:41 pm

if it's true that he was going to be picked at #1, he should be a starter, as usually is a number one pick in the draft...
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager

Post#85 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:52 pm

enzino wrote:if it's true that he was going to be picked at #1, he should be a starter, as usually is a number one pick in the draft...

It's true. I heard Anthony Bennett has been gifted the starting PF role on his semi-pro team in Liechtenstein.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,313

Post#86 » by Homerclease » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:06 pm

Elrod is Back wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Elrod is Back wrote:

I think it is a public service that I share your assessments of me with everyone who might read one of my posts, so they can ignore me once they see a person of your intellect and integrity regards me as a baby, infantile, a fascist, and the worst poster in the history of the Internet. Perhaps you are correct, although I think the fascist charge would surprise anyone who knows me and what I stand for at all. I only wish I could include your most recent examples, but there is a strict space limit on sigs. That is why I used the .... to connect two separate attacks you made on me in the same thread. I don't think it altered the meaning one iota. I am still a fascist and the worst poster ever, aren't I? I do want to get this right.

I assumed you would approve of my doing this, since you have devoted so many posts to colorfully explaining your opinion of me. Nary a one has not had one of your memorable uses of the English language. You really have a talent.

Yes it is true, you ARE a fascist as well as a liar. You're blatantly insulting me by having that sig and it's not even an accurate depiction as the second quote came after you made an ass out of yourself once again.
enzino
Veteran
And1: 141

Post#87 » by enzino » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:35 pm

hickfromfrenchlick wrote:
enzino wrote:if it's true that he was going to be picked at #1, he should be a starter, as usually is a number one pick in the draft...

It's true. I heard Anthony Bennett has been gifted the starting PF role on his semi-pro team in Liechtenstein.

i said usually, not always. how many other case you know, beside olowokandy and few other?
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager

Post#88 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:17 pm

enzino wrote:
hickfromfrenchlick wrote:

i said usually, not always. how many other case you know, beside olowokandy and few other?

I was only kidding, but how many am I supposed to name?

Return to Boston Celtics