ImageImageImage

Buying tickets for first celtics game in TD Garden. Advice please

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

celt4life
Sophomore
And1: 105

Post#1 » by celt4life » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:27 am

I am looking at the loge section 3 a little behind and towards the corner of the visitor bench, row C. Also gonna be first time in Boston! I've been a Celtics fan since Birds first year and really want these to be good. Anyone know what these are like? Any help is greatly appreciated! Go Celtics!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Crossy2008
Sixth Man
And1: 1,163

Re: Buying tickets for first celtics game in TD Garden. Advice please 

Post#2 » by Crossy2008 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:54 am

I was a season ticket member for a few years, and had seats in Section 328, Row 3, seats 3 and 4, and they were great seats. If you get seats in the front few rows in the balcony, you will have a great view of the game. You can really see plays develop and get a great basketball view. It's basically exactly what you see on TV. Of course, you want to stay away from the end sections. Section 328 is cool because it's right behind the bench.

The lower you go, the more you'll find yourself watching the big screen. My suggestion would be to get tickets in one of the first three rows in Sections 328, 329, or 330. It is really cool getting close to the action, but you do miss some action here and there.

Also, contact the Celtics and ask if you can get in early for warmups, and maybe get your picture at mid-court. They are really good about this, and if they charge you for it, it's usually not a lot.
celt4life
Sophomore

Post#3 » by celt4life » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:02 am

Thanks very much for the information! Getting mid court picture would be great I greatly appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#4 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:48 am

celt4life wrote:Thanks very much for the information! Getting mid court picture would be great I greatly appreciate it!

You'll be in great seats. Also dont forget about the ticket exchange program, you can get lodge seating for a fraction of the mark up.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM

Post#5 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:50 am

Ive sat pretty much everywhere from courtside to the club, and the spot you're at is perfect. If you prefer viewing a similar angle to what you see on TV, club seating is where its at. Way less drunken casual fans there as well.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,728

Post#6 » by OldCeltics » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:51 am

celt4life wrote:I am looking at the loge section 3 a little behind and towards the corner of the visitor bench, row C. Also gonna be first time in Boston! I've been a Celtics fan since Birds first year and really want these to be good. Anyone know what these are like? Any help is greatly appreciated! Go Celtics!

Club seats are not too expensive, you get comfy chairs, a nice bar, and not as much crazy people standing in front of you all game. They are center of all the action, and are still very loud.
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM

Post#7 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:54 am

OldCeltics wrote:
celt4life wrote:I am looking at the loge section 3 a little behind and towards the corner of the visitor bench, row C. Also gonna be first time in Boston! I've been a Celtics fan since Birds first year and really want these to be good. Anyone know what these are like? Any help is greatly appreciated! Go Celtics!

Club seats are not too expensive, you get comfy chairs, a nice bar, and not as much crazy people standing in front of you all game. They are center of all the action, and are still very loud.

Agreed. Club is my preferred seating, but i like courtside to check out the new players up close.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
celt4life
Sophomore

Post#8 » by celt4life » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:57 pm

Ok guys thanks for the info! Always read this board daily, don't post much but I'm excited for this season. Probably coming to the knicks game on the 24th

celt4life
Sophomore

Post#9 » by celt4life » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:37 am

Lol Bought section 11 the lower one row B, couldn't help it just had to be near the floor. Gonna be there October 24th for the pounding of the Knicks! Looking forward to seeing KP though. What area of town is preferred to stay at? Once again can't wait and thanks for ideas!

SeizeCoup
Lead Assistant
And1: 665

Post#10 » by SeizeCoup » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:33 am

celt4life wrote:Lol Bought section 11 the lower one row B, couldn't help it just had to be near the floor. Gonna be there October 24th for the pounding of the Knicks! Looking forward to seeing KP though. What area of town is preferred to stay at? Once again can't wait and thanks for ideas!

If money is not a concern then you have a ton of options. The Liberty hotel is gorgeous, about a 10 minute walk to the garden or to the public gardens/common, and the redline is right there as well so you can take a short ride to Harvard square if you'd like to do some exploring.
celt4life
Sophomore

Post#11 » by celt4life » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:25 pm

SeizeCoup wrote:
celt4life wrote:Lol Bought section 11 the lower one row B, couldn't help it just had to be near the floor. Gonna be there October 24th for the pounding of the Knicks! Looking forward to seeing KP though. What area of town is preferred to stay at? Once again can't wait and thanks for ideas!

If money is not a concern then you have a ton of options. The Liberty hotel is gorgeous, about a 10 minute walk to the garden or to the public gardens/common, and the redline is right there as well so you can take a short ride to Harvard square if you'd like to do some exploring.

Not sure if it's no concern lol, but I will look it up and thanks for the information! My girlfriend and I especially love older historic hotels with a past, even if they aren't quite up to the newer in amenities.

pasfru
Starter
And1: 2,794

Post#12 » by pasfru » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:48 pm

Thinking of going to the London game.

Any tips for first-time buyers?

Return to Boston Celtics