ImageImageImage

Kyrie Irving welcome to the Cs

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Big Baby
Bench Warmer
And1: 656

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Kyrie Irving welcome to the Cs 

Post#781 » by Big Baby » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:04 pm

OldCeltics wrote:
Kyrie is obviously a very skilled player. Lebron dominated the point forward and leadership roles. Irving just wants to perfect his skills as a point guard and team mate, without the media circus, and as a leader.

How he presents everything and answers questions is another story. He never answers directly, and always goes on on philosophical tangents about life, underneath layers, and perspectives. But what he says isn't always coherent, eloquent, or even understandable.

He's a 25 y.o. jock. Doesn't matter how he speaks. But that's another aspect of this trade I love so much. I'm gonna enjoy watching/reading Boston media types losing their mind over Kyrie. I have no doubt some of them will try to vilify him. Kyrie will just let his play do the talking and shut those pie holes.

WELCOME TO BOSTON, KYRIE!!!
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Re: Kyrie Irving welcome to the Cs 

Post#782 » by sam_I_am » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:04 pm

i think Kyrie is a lot less weird after seeing him in interviews lately than I originally thought. That said, h is nowhere near as personable or as much a natural leader as IT. Hopefully that is less true on the court where it matters most.
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#783 » by Roddy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:04 pm

Jakeopp wrote:
canman1971 wrote:
Jakeopp wrote:He thinks the Earth is flat

Ever heard of Google? He has clearly stated he said all that to make a mockery of the media.

Source?

http://www.weei.com/blogs/alex-reimer/kyrie-irving-almost-certainly-doesnt-think-earth-flat
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#784 » by Edug27 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:09 pm

3D Chess wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:How he presents everything and answers questions is another story. He never answers directly, and always goes on on philosophical tangents about life, underneath layers, and perspectives. But what he says isn't always coherent, eloquent, or even understandable.

SAS: *Uses 1000 words to ask "did you talk to LeBron about leaving?"*

Kyrie: No.

SAS: Why not?

Kyrie: Why would I have to?

SAS: They might take it personally.

Kyrie: Yep.

SAS: Do you care about that?

Kyrie: No.

How much more direct would you like those answers to be?

Everyone is dying to get some juice to keep the feud with Lebron going. But his basic answer to EVERY question is 'look, no one cares about Lebron. I just wasn't happy in Cleveland and want a better environment to grow in'.
Big Baby
Bench Warmer

Post#785 » by Big Baby » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:09 pm

Roddy wrote:
Jakeopp wrote:
canman1971 wrote:Ever heard of Google? He has clearly stated he said all that to make a mockery of the media.

Source?

http://www.weei.com/blogs/alex-reimer/kyrie-irving-almost-certainly-doesnt-think-earth-flat

Dude, what are you doing? You just ruined the CSNNE's programming for the next six months! The Globe, the Herald, Forsberg, Celticsblog and Redsarmy idiots will have nothing to write about.

How will you live with yourself?
FeedReed
Starter
And1: 839

Post#786 » by FeedReed » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:17 pm

i love how direct he was with the james answers. he clearly(well to me it's clear) doesn't like him, and neither do i. will be a fun rivalry for sure.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,513

Post#787 » by canman1971 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Roddy wrote:
Jakeopp wrote:
canman1971 wrote:Ever heard of Google? He has clearly stated he said all that to make a mockery of the media.

Source?

Guess he hasn't heard of Google. :lol:
Big Baby
Bench Warmer

Post#788 » by Big Baby » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:39 pm

Forget all the noise. Here's the reality-based recap of the entire interview:

1. Kyrie can't stand LeBron. He didn't say that. He didn't have to.
2. Kyrie cherishes this opportunity to be a Celtic. His parents met in Boston and all this was meant to be.
3. Kyrie wants to lead. He can't wait to be coached by Brad Stevens and then go out there make all of his teammates better.
4. Kyrie can't stand LeBron. That was so obvious.
5. Although I like Stephen A & Max, ESPN still sucks.
6. Kyrie is a Celtic and he can win without LeBron James.
7. Kyrie Irving is a Boston Celtic. Just needed to type that again.
8. He won't say whether he thinks he's the best PG in the league. He'll let his play do the talking.
9. He's sick and tired of the CLE offense built for him to score. He wants to become a true PG and allow Gordon, Al and the rest of his teammates to shine.

Get your ass over here, October! Right now!
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,058

Post#789 » by London2Boston » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:Anyone watching first take with Kyrie? Steven A and Max trying to get an answer and manipulate Kyrie's responses and Kyrie is seeing right through it. He's making them look scripted. They are trying to get him to talk about Lebron and to create the notion that this is about Lebron.

Kyrie is calling out the media. He needed a change. This change represents something personal, bigger than basketball that is mannifesting in basketball. The media was trying to alter his reasoning, which is why Kyrie is being cryptic.

Maybe it's not Lebron. Maybe he hated living in Ohio, which most people do. After Lebron leaves that cavs will be a wasteland again.

I honestly think that the reports of Lebron trying to get Kyrie flipped for PG are probably true and Kyrie caught wind of it. It's honestly the only reason I can think of that makes sense as to why Kyrie so suddenly went cold towards him. If you had the finals he did to bring home a title and then Lebron is off planning on trying to get you traded then you would be pissed too.

Edit: just remembered that after Golden State won the title the camera showed Lebron and Kyrie walking off and Lebron telling him "We'll be back" and Kyrie telling him "Hell yeah" and looking like he meant it. This is honestly what I have concluded happened. 8-) :P
Writebloc
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,615

Post#790 » by Writebloc » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:20 pm

Jay King with a good breakdown of the Kyrie interview today. The following quote has me excited about Kyrie's understanding of his role in Boston.

Read on Twitter

They think he's an isolation assassin, but he thinks he's a real point guard.

"I'm ecstatic," Irving said. "I'm just looking forward to playing my position. I'm looking forward to becoming something that I've always envisioned myself being -- and that's being a complete point guard on a great team. I want to be able to come off pick-and-rolls and be able to dissect the defense, and be able to have guys that -- this is not a knock on anybody that I was playing with, but my role was completely different (in Cleveland)."

Added Irving, "I had to figure out a way how to still be effective without having the ball in my hands. And that was the biggest transition I had to make right off the (bat) whether I liked it or not. And as you respect other people's greatness, that also shows how you great you are in how you incorporate yourself in a collective group with special talents around you."

The interview felt combative at times, but Irving sounded more comfortable opening up about his future vision than he did while discussing his choice to leave Cleveland. He made it clear he wants his role to change.

"I relished in that role (in Cleveland)," Irving said. "And you have other individuals saying that -- and he's on this show now (Kellerman) -- and his humble opinion is always, 'He's a one-dimensional (player) and he's not making his teammates better.' But if you have an assassin, and you call me this specific weapon, utilize it. I'm not this one-on-one individual that wants to go one-on-one every single time down. That's not how I appreciate the game. I've watched a lot of basketball, probably more than a lot of people have realized."

With those comments, Irving refused to shy away from the pressure he embraced by wanting out of Cleveland. He's letting people know he wants to adapt. He wants to be the player people want him to be -- one who can make his teammates better. If he remains just a scorer moving forward, he will have fallen short of his own expectations.
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Kyrie Irving welcome to the Cs 

Post#791 » by Dogen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:23 pm

AlCelticFan wrote:Man, Kyrie is such a weird talker. He uses words in ways that they aren't generally used, and it's kinda wacky. I still don't know what he's talking about.

It's all a matter of your intention, how you evolve as a person and work on your craft to be the best version of the individual you are becoming.

And love....

Keep that in mind and it will all make sense to you as a sentient life force currently manifesting on this stationary disc we call home.
Hey you! Can we come together?
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,513

Post#792 » by canman1971 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:36 pm

Dogen wrote:
AlCelticFan wrote:Man, Kyrie is such a weird talker. He uses words in ways that they aren't generally used, and it's kinda wacky. I still don't know what he's talking about.

It's all a matter of your intention, how you evolve as a person and work on your craft to be the best version of the individual you are becoming.

And love....

Keep that in mind and it will all make sense to you as a sentient life force currently manifesting on this stationary disc we call home.

I have no clue what the hell people are talking about regarding how Kyrie speaks. I understand him 100%. Maybe I'm weird, but he tells it like it is, and not the typical pro athlete cliche BS.
Big Baby
Bench Warmer

Post#793 » by Big Baby » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:46 pm

canman1971 wrote:
Dogen wrote:

And love....

I have no clue what the hell people are talking about regarding how Kyrie speaks. I understand him 100%. Maybe I'm weird, but he tells it like it is, and not the typical pro athlete cliche BS.

You must be an off-putting uneducated fool who believes the planet we're living on is flat. I just can never get over that. Ugh! #hairflip #sarc
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,150

Post#794 » by DarkAzcura » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:49 pm

canman1971 wrote:
Dogen wrote:

And love....

If I had a dollar for every time he has said he is an evolving 25 year old man since he has been a Celtic. Lol

I completely understand him also, but he definitely has some weird delivery and word choice. That's fine, not everyone is a fantastic public speaker. I don't agree with people who are saying he misdirects and isn't answering questions. He is but as you said, it's not typical so it throws people off. That's how Durant is too, but he is much more concise and his word choice is more typical.
akhan786
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#795 » by akhan786 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:01 pm

Jakeopp wrote:
canman1971 wrote:
Jakeopp wrote:He thinks the Earth is flat

Ever heard of Google? He has clearly stated he said all that to make a mockery of the media.

Source?

How about actually listening to the entire interview that the Flat Earth thing is from. There was a longer philosophical discussion going on beforehand about organized religion, dogma, and that people blindly believe whatever is told to them. And for effect, he referenced an extreme example.

Yes he at times says a word salad when he's trying to explain himself, but I'd rather him try to be himself than be robotic and uninteresting like every other player is when they're being interviewed.

If you listen to some of the stuff he says in more casual settings (watch the DJ Drama interview), YOU are likely the dumb one if you can't tell that this kid is an incredibly thoughtful individual at the very least because he's speaking at a higher level than what we usually are exposed to from athletes which a lot bball fans wouldn't be able to grasp. He has trouble fully articulating his thoughts on live TV sometimes, and shines much more in a relaxed setting where he can methodically walk through his thoughts.
Jakeopp
General Manager
And1: 9,983

Post#796 » by Jakeopp » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:25 pm

canman1971 wrote:
Dogen wrote:

And love....

When asked about distractions in the First Take interview, Kyrie replied "When you're very much woke, there is no such as distractions."

SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#797 » by SmartWentCrazy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:31 pm

Jakeopp wrote:
canman1971 wrote:
Dogen wrote:

And love....

When asked about distractions in the First Take interview, Kyrie replied "When you're very much woke, there is no such as distractions."

Time to get woke, man. You're too distracted to understand what he's talking about.
akhan786
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#798 » by akhan786 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:33 pm

Jakeopp wrote:
canman1971 wrote:
Dogen wrote:

And love....

I hope this was just an unintentional mistake, but Kyrie did not say that. That quote is from a satirical tweet that I also retweeted because I thought it was funny.

This is what he actually said about distractions.

Read on Twitter

Do you understand what he means about distractions now? He's saying that distractions and what media say are inherently abstract and do not represent reality in his own life so why should he pay attention to them?

If you don't understand what he said in that video well then...
AlCelticFan
General Manager
And1: 6,471

Post#799 » by AlCelticFan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:39 pm

I think a lot of this is that he has trouble answering these questions because he doesn't see reality the same way the interviewers keep trying to frame everything.

So if the interviewer asks if he's prepared to face some media distractions about "Kyrie on the Celtics", he doesn't really comprehend this, because to him it's irrelevant.

Sounds like someone so focused on their own world that distractions aren't part of his focus. I'd imagine the best athletes are all like that, because they need to be so totally focused on their games in order to master them...
Jakeopp
General Manager
And1: 9,983

Post#800 » by Jakeopp » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:40 pm

He sounds like a full blown conspiracy theorist to me. He still hasn't explained his stance on his wild claims, if he had some kind of goal behind those statements, a normal person would explain himself instead of letting the media/fans/players run wild with it for so long.

Just look at everything he claims in this "Road Trippin" podcast.

http://www.basketballforever.com/2017/02/19/list-strange-things-kyrie-irving-doesnt-believe/

https://www.reddit.com/r/bostonceltics/comments/6x2o4f/kyrie_isnt_just_a_flat_earther_hes_a_fullblown/

His Instagram profile picture is some kind of Illuminati triangle. Apparently he's known for liking and following conspiracy related accounts and posts on social media.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/6znw0j/i_follow_kyrie_irving_on_ig_and_i_always_see_him/

If he has some other goal through all this, it's certainly not getting through.

Return to Boston Celtics