ImageImageImage

Kyrie Irving welcome to the Cs

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Jakeopp
General Manager
And1: 9,983

Re: Kyrie Irving welcome to the Cs 

Post#801 » by Jakeopp » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:43 pm

akhan786 wrote:
Jakeopp wrote:
canman1971 wrote:I have no clue what the hell people are talking about regarding how Kyrie speaks. I understand him 100%. Maybe I'm weird, but he tells it like it is, and not the typical pro athlete cliche BS.

When asked about distractions in the First Take interview, Kyrie replied "When you're very much woke, there is no such as distractions."

I hope this was just an unintentional mistake, but Kyrie did not say that. That quote is from a satirical tweet that I also retweeted because I thought it was funny.

This is what he said about distractions.

Read on Twitter

Do you understand what he means about distractions now? He's saying that distractions and what media say are inherently abstract and do not represent reality in his own life so why should he pay attention to them?

If you don't understand what he said in that video well then...

My mistake then. Time to unfollow that account and stop paying attention to what people post on Reddit lol.
AlCelticFan
General Manager
And1: 6,471

Post#802 » by AlCelticFan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:44 pm

Jakeopp wrote:He sounds like a full blown conspiracy theorist to me. He still hasn't explained his stance on his wild claims, if he had some kind of goal behind those statements, a normal person would explain himself instead of letting the media/fans/players run wild with it for so long.

Just look at everything he claims in this "Road Trippin" podcast.

http://www.basketballforever.com/2017/02/19/list-strange-things-kyrie-irving-doesnt-believe/

https://www.reddit.com/r/bostonceltics/comments/6x2o4f/kyrie_isnt_just_a_flat_earther_hes_a_fullblown/

His Instagram profile picture is some kind of Illuminati triangle. Apparently he's known for liking and following conspiracy related accounts and posts on social media.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/6znw0j/i_follow_kyrie_irving_on_ig_and_i_always_see_him/

If he has some other goal through all this, it's certainly not getting through.

Should be fun having a conspiracy theorist on the C's... at least it's a bit more interesting than the standard jock speech. :lol:

At the end of the day it has 0% to do with his play on the court anyway.
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#803 » by Edug27 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:44 pm

Jakeopp wrote:He sounds like a full blown conspiracy theorist to me. He still hasn't explained his stance on his wild claims, if he had some kind of goal behind those statements, a normal person would explain himself instead of letting the media/fans/players run wild with it for so long.

http://www.basketballforever.com/2017/02/19/list-strange-things-kyrie-irving-doesnt-believe/

https://www.reddit.com/r/bostonceltics/comments/6x2o4f/kyrie_isnt_just_a_flat_earther_hes_a_fullblown/

His Instagram profile picture is some kind of Illuminati triangle. Apparently he's known for liking and following conspiracy related accounts and posts on social media.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/6znw0j/i_follow_kyrie_irving_on_ig_and_i_always_see_him/

Oh boy. When does the season start again??
Jakeopp
General Manager

Post#804 » by Jakeopp » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:46 pm

AlCelticFan wrote:

Should be fun having a conspiracy theorist on the C's... at least it's a bit more interesting than the standard jock speech. :lol:

At the end of the day it has 0% to do with his play on the court anyway.

No doubt, and I'll take it over legal issues any day.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,633

Post#805 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:47 pm

Jakeopp wrote:
akhan786 wrote:
Jakeopp wrote:
When asked about distractions in the First Take interview, Kyrie replied "When you're very much woke, there is no such as distractions."

I hope this was just an unintentional mistake, but Kyrie did not say that. That quote is from a satirical tweet that I also retweeted because I thought it was funny.

Read on Twitter

Do you understand what he means about distractions now? He's saying that distractions and what media say are inherently abstract and do not represent reality in his own life so why should he pay attention to them?

My mistake then. Time to unfollow that account and stop paying attention to what people post on Reddit lol.

Kyrie did say the woke line.

Read on Twitter
KumaJG
Sixth Man
And1: 1,069

Post#806 » by KumaJG » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:48 pm

Kyrie sounded like someone who is tired of hearing the same questions.

To people calling Ky dumb, stop it. Just say you don't understand him.
Big Baby
Bench Warmer
And1: 656

Post#807 » by Big Baby » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:48 pm

Kyrie's 5 on NBA2K18

“I definitely start off with KD (Kevin Durant). Definitely put Paul George in there,” Irving said. “Hopefully Kobe (Bryant) would want to do it if he has some time in his schedule. And then I would have to go with a big like DeAndre Jordan or DeMarcus Cousins.”

http://cavaliersnation.com/2017/09/17/video-kyrie-irving-picks-five-players-he-would-have-on-his-nba-2k18-team/

Hmmm....DeMarcus Cousins, eh?
Jakeopp
General Manager

Post#808 » by Jakeopp » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:50 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Jakeopp wrote:
akhan786 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Kyrie did say the woke line.

Read on Twitter

Thanks, haven't actually had time to watch the interview. Just reading comments on Reddit and elsewhere along with Twitter.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#809 » by SmartWentCrazy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:01 pm

Kyrie Irving is a four-dimensional being who's been thrust into a three-dimensional world. Accordingly, the Earth looks flat to him, because it isn't popping in the same dimensions he's used to. This also explains why he's so good at basketball-- he see's time and knows the perfect angles to take and shoot. I mean, what are you failing to grasp here?

Spoiler:
it's all **** satire. All of it. That entire appearance on Richard Jefferson's podcast was meant to troll the media, knowing they'd grab a snippet and make fake news. It was meant to troll, man. Given how often you keep bringing it up, I can decisively say he got you good.
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#810 » by jirrit » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:02 pm

I liked the interview and the way these guys were trying to talk them into their way of thinking while he just thinks/analyses things differently.

He's excited, me too. Let's go.
akhan786
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#811 » by akhan786 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:04 pm

Oh woops Jakeopp my bad. Yeah Kyrie is cringe on live TV. I think that him being a very intelligent and thoughtful young man isn't mutually exclusive with him also coming off awkward when forced to articulate his thoughts in that environment.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#812 » by truth18 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:13 pm

canman1971 wrote:
Dogen wrote:
AlCelticFan wrote:Man, Kyrie is such a weird talker. He uses words in ways that they aren't generally used, and it's kinda wacky. I still don't know what he's talking about.

It's all a matter of your intention, how you evolve as a person and work on your craft to be the best version of the individual you are becoming.

And love....

Keep that in mind and it will all make sense to you as a sentient life force currently manifesting on this stationary disc we call home.

I have no clue what the hell people are talking about regarding how Kyrie speaks. I understand him 100%. Maybe I'm weird, but he tells it like it is, and not the typical pro athlete cliche BS.

Kyrie has turned full electric Dylan abstract heel and people can't comprehend it :lol: Give him time and he'll become more Belichickian in his answers.

I liked the interview. Dodging these questions is the best way to handle the media sharks. I love all the drama brewing between us and Cleveland as well. It's going to be hilarious when Lebron leaves regardless of what happens next post season but I hope we're the team that sends him packing again.
YOU LOSE
FakeScreenName123
RealGM
And1: 5,113

Post#813 » by FakeScreenName123 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:14 pm

Big Baby
Bench Warmer

Post#814 » by Big Baby » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:27 pm

FakeScreenName123 wrote:Image

Kyrie looks so old lol.

UNCLE DREW!!!
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,665

Post#815 » by Green89 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:34 pm

Is it too early to put up the Oct. 2nd first preseason game thread yet?
shawn unkempt
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,999

Post#816 » by shawn unkempt » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:44 pm

Kyrie and Jim Carrey would make the ultimate woke duo.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#817 » by cloverleaf » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:45 pm

truth18 wrote:
canman1971 wrote:
Dogen wrote:
It's all a matter of your intention, how you evolve as a person and work on your craft to be the best version of the individual you are becoming.

And love....

Keep that in mind and it will all make sense to you as a sentient life force currently manifesting on this stationary disc we call home.

I have no clue what the hell people are talking about regarding how Kyrie speaks. I understand him 100%. Maybe I'm weird, but he tells it like it is, and not the typical pro athlete cliche BS.

Kyrie has turned full electric Dylan abstract heel and people can't comprehend it :lol: Give him time and he'll become more Belichickian in his answers.

I liked the interview. Dodging these questions is the best way to handle the media sharks. I love all the drama brewing between us and Cleveland as well. It's going to be hilarious when Lebron leaves regardless of what happens next post season but I hope we're the team that sends him packing again.

Kyrie is a malaprop machine, but he expresses himself fluently and fluidly on the court.
Shamrock
Head Coach
And1: 5,081

Post#818 » by Shamrock » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:31 am

I cringe everytime Kyrie talks. Just seems as if he's going way out of his way to say big words that don't really flow together. Don't really care though, I always thought Jaylen was like that as well. Jaylen and Kyrie are very similar in how they speak
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#819 » by jmr07019 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:04 am

just listened to the podcast and I think Kyrie truly believes the earth is flat. I don't care but it certainly wasn't a "the earth is flat HAHAHAHA nah I'm jk" type of situation. When asked about the podcast Kyrie did not deny the earth was flat and said he's glad people are talking about it... that he wants people to look into it for themselves

LeBron said that Kyrie really believes the earth is flat

it was silver who said kyrie was commenting on fake news and the current state of the media. Silver probably trying to protect the brand.
Show Love Spread Love
Big Baby
Bench Warmer

Post#820 » by Big Baby » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:43 am

So funny. All of you who make fun of Kyrie...I wonder how accomplished you were at 25.

4 time NBA all star.
Olympic gold medalist.
NBA champ.
Creator of Uncle Drew, a force behind one of the most successful ad campaigns in Pepsi history.
Parlaying that success to a feature length movie.

So who wants to make fun of the way he speaks again? And what have you done with your own life?

Return to Boston Celtics