ImageImageImage

Kyrie Irving welcome to the Cs

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Jakeopp
General Manager
And1: 9,957

Re: Kyrie Irving welcome to the Cs 

Post#821 » by Jakeopp » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:46 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Jakeopp wrote:He sounds like a full blown conspiracy theorist to me. He still hasn't explained his stance on his wild claims, if he had some kind of goal behind those statements, a normal person would explain himself instead of letting the media/fans/players run wild with it for so long.

Just look at everything he claims in this "Road Trippin" podcast.

http://www.basketballforever.com/2017/02/19/list-strange-things-kyrie-irving-doesnt-believe/

https://www.reddit.com/r/bostonceltics/comments/6x2o4f/kyrie_isnt_just_a_flat_earther_hes_a_fullblown/

His Instagram profile picture is some kind of Illuminati triangle. Apparently he's known for liking and following conspiracy related accounts and posts on social media.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/6znw0j/i_follow_kyrie_irving_on_ig_and_i_always_see_him/

If he has some other goal through all this, it's certainly not getting through.

Kyrie Irving is a four-dimensional being who's been thrust into a three-dimensional world. Accordingly, the Earth looks flat to him, because it isn't popping in the same dimensions he's used to. This also explains why he's so good at basketball-- he see's time and knows the perfect angles to take and shoot. I mean, what are you failing to grasp here?

Spoiler:
it's all **** satire. All of it. That entire appearance on Richard Jefferson's podcast was meant to troll the media, knowing they'd grab a snippet and make fake news. It was meant to troll, man. Given how often you keep bringing it up, I can decisively say he got you good.

Either way he's an idiot. Whether he's telling the truth or trolling the entire sports/basketball universe. Most people seem to have taken it literally from what I've seen on the internet. It's gone on too long and he's taken it too far, if it's a troll it's an elaborate one.
Jakeopp
General Manager
And1: 9,957

Post#822 » by Jakeopp » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:06 am

Big Baby wrote:So funny. All of you who make fun of Kyrie...I wonder how accomplished you were at 25.

4 time NBA all star.
Olympic gold medalist.
NBA champ.
Creator of Uncle Drew, a force behind one of the most successful ad campaigns in Pepsi history.
Parlaying that success to a feature length movie.

So who wants to make fun of the way he speaks again? And what have you done with your own life?

The old "he's more successful than you, so you can't criticize him on the internet" argument. :lol:

These kinds of blogs wouldn't exist if everyone followed that rule. There would be nothing to debate.

- "CP3 sucks in the playoffs"
- "Who are you to criticize?? What have you accomplished in your life."

- "KD is a cupcake"
- "He's more successful than you, you can't say that."
:lol:
Big Baby
Bench Warmer
And1: 656

Post#823 » by Big Baby » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:21 am

Jakeopp wrote:
Big Baby wrote:So funny. All of you who make fun of Kyrie...I wonder how accomplished you were at 25.

4 time NBA all star.
Olympic gold medalist.
NBA champ.
Creator of Uncle Drew, a force behind one of the most successful ad campaigns in Pepsi history.

So who wants to make fun of the way he speaks again? And what have you done with your own life?

The old "he's more successful than you, so you can't criticize him on the internet" argument. :lol:

These kinds of blogs wouldn't exist if everyone followed that rule. There would be nothing to debate.

- "KD is a cupcake"

I don't know if Kyrie is more successful than you or not because I don't know you. But facts are facts: As far as accomplishments go, he's one of the most accomplished 25-year-old young men in the world. On and off the court. Idiosyncratic? Maybe. An idiot? No.
KamikazeK
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,511

Post#824 » by KamikazeK » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:31 am

Who gives a crap what he believes anyway? He's here to play basketball, and on that subject, he's been saying all the right things.
BfB
Analyst
And1: 3,118

Post#825 » by BfB » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:41 am

Jakeopp wrote:
canman1971 wrote:
Jakeopp wrote:He thinks the Earth is flat

Ever heard of Google? He has clearly stated he said all that to make a mockery of the media.

Source?

You should be able to source this yourself...especially if you're calling other people stupid

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,344

Post#826 » by Captain_Caveman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:14 am

Was ready to cringe at the interview, but Kyrie did great.

Cleveland was a talented team whose window was already over 10 months ago. They have trash ownership, no GM and a coach who is a lapdog to LeBron, who is obviously leaving in a year. Kyrie can't cop to any of that, of course, despite ESPN's badgering on the topic. Has just a good a chance of winning a title in Boston as the Cavs this year (not much), and laughably so beyond this year.

What was repeatedly apparent in his repeated comments about perfecting his craft is that he wants to play in a professional environment for a coach who knows how to develop him, and a front office/ownership group who doesn't have their head up their ass.

Oh... and LeBron tried to trade him lol.

He just can't say any of that.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#827 » by djFan71 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:45 am

canman1971 wrote:Guess he hasn't heard of Google. :lol:

Now look what you did...

Jakeopp wrote:He sounds like a full blown conspiracy theorist to me. He still hasn't explained his stance on his wild claims, if he had some kind of goal behind those statements, a normal person would explain himself instead of letting the media/fans/players run wild with it for so long.

http://www.basketballforever.com/2017/02/19/list-strange-things-kyrie-irving-doesnt-believe/

https://www.reddit.com/r/bostonceltics/comments/6x2o4f/kyrie_isnt_just_a_flat_earther_hes_a_fullblown/

His Instagram profile picture is some kind of Illuminati triangle. Apparently he's known for liking and following conspiracy related accounts and posts on social media.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/6znw0j/i_follow_kyrie_irving_on_ig_and_i_always_see_him/

Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#828 » by Roddy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:03 am

Jakeopp, you are taking this "earth flat story with Kyrie" wayyyyyyyyy too seriously.
Higher Power
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#829 » by Higher Power » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:46 am

actually kyrie handled the questions pretty well. he's being careful because if he gives in, his answers will be blown out of proportion to support the medias narratives and make kyrie the "villain" and lebron as the good guy. i'm tired of this media trying to make lebron james as the perfect basketball player.

prove them all wrong kyrie.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#830 » by Kolkmania » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:49 am

Big Baby wrote:
Jakeopp wrote:

4 time NBA all star.
Olympic gold medalist.
NBA champ.

- "KD is a cupcake"

I don't know if Kyrie is more successful than you or not because I don't know you. But facts are facts: As far as accomplishments go, he's one of the most accomplished 25-year-old young men in the world. On and off the court. Idiosyncratic? Maybe. An idiot? No.

He can be a nutcase and one of the most talented basketball players in the world at the same time.

None of this really matters as long as his talents translate on the court, I do wonder about his leadership abilities and if he's able to be a spark towards his teammates like IT was. We have to wait and see since there's not really a sample size to judge apart from his first years in the NBA as a teenager, which isn't really relevant.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#831 » by Kolkmania » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:52 am

Higher Power wrote:actually kyrie handled the questions pretty well. he's being careful because if he gives in, his answers will be blown out of proportion to support the medias narratives and make kyrie the "villain" and lebron as the good guy. i'm tired of this media trying to make lebron james as the perfect basketball player.

I read in this topic that one of his incentives was to become a better all-around player, which includes being a playmaker. Playing alongside one of the all-time best players in the world makes that hard, so a change of scenery was needed. If he just tells this then everybody would accept and respect his decision, right?
Higher Power
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#832 » by Higher Power » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:08 am

Kolkmania wrote:
Higher Power wrote:actually kyrie handled the questions pretty well. he's being careful because if he gives in, his answers will be blown out of proportion to support the medias narratives and make kyrie the "villain" and lebron as the good guy. i'm tired of this media trying to make lebron james as the perfect basketball player.

I read in this topic that one of his incentives was to become a better all-around player, which includes being a playmaker. Playing alongside one of the all-time best players in the world makes that hard, so a change of scenery was needed. If he just tells this then everybody would accept and respect his decision, right?

and you really think it's that simple? the media has it's own narratives "ready" all the time, they're just waiting for an opportunity and that is coming from your answers and statements. like i said, he handled it pretty well and the kid is intelligent so i bet you he knows what he is doing.
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,380

Re: RE: Re: Kyrie Irving welcome to the Cs 

Post#833 » by DaddyCool19 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:11 am

canman1971 wrote:
DaddyCool19 wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:
agreed. this dude kyrie is a bit odd in a good way, over thinks everything, a philosopher.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app

I don't think overthinking everything and having idiotic views makes someone a philosopher. He is acting worse than Jaden Smith, but in Jadens defense he was like 15-16 when he talked like that and started joking about himself after 2-3 years

Just when you thought it was safe to open a thread..... :roll:

What did I say that was wrong? Do you agree with his views? I mean I never said anything bad about the player Kyrie and even asked weeks before the trade if you guys would be happy with Thomas+Crowder+non BRK picks and the outcome wasn't that great.

I mean as long he is a decent teammate and good on the court kudos to him. You don't have to agree with his views that are totally wrong and if even 1 dude goes around and believes him, he would do some harm to the kids brain just because he is now a player for the Celtics.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#834 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:16 am

Jakeopp wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Kyrie Irving is a four-dimensional being who's been thrust into a three-dimensional world. Accordingly, the Earth looks flat to him, because it isn't popping in the same dimensions he's used to. This also explains why he's so good at basketball-- he see's time and knows the perfect angles to take and shoot. I mean, what are you failing to grasp here?

Spoiler:
it's all **** satire. All of it. That entire appearance on Richard Jefferson's podcast was meant to troll the media, knowing they'd grab a snippet and make fake news. It was meant to troll, man. Given how often you keep bringing it up, I can decisively say he got you good.

A) Either way he's an idiot. Whether he's telling the truth or trolling the entire sports/basketball universe. B) Most people seem to have taken it literally from what I've seen on the internet. It's gone on too long and he's taken it too far, if it's a troll it's an elaborate one.

If B is true, A is not.

His entire point was that people believe everything they hear from the media without digging, and that the media searches for clips to get clicks and doesn't bother digging further. Everything you've posted has shown that his point was 100% accurate.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#835 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:13 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:Oh... and LeBron tried to trade him lol.

This had to have happened, right?

Windhorst and Pierce were saying that something personal obviously went down between the two of them because they went from singing each other's praises in June to not speaking in 3 weeks. I feel like the only explanation was that LeBron was behind that deal that nearly traded Kyrie for Bledsoe and PG13, and that Kyrie was (justifiably) incensed.
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#836 » by 15th overall » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:18 pm

He called Kobe "a journeyman."

Unintentionally fantastic.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,980

Post#837 » by Froob » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:20 pm

Read on Twitter

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,484

Post#838 » by 165bows » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:50 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:Was ready to cringe at the interview, but Kyrie did great.

Cleveland was a talented team whose window was already over 10 months ago. They have trash ownership, no GM and a coach who is a lapdog to LeBron, who is obviously leaving in a year. Kyrie can't cop to any of that, of course, despite ESPN's badgering on the topic. Has just a good a chance of winning a title in Boston as the Cavs this year (not much), and laughably so beyond this year.

What was repeatedly apparent in his repeated comments about perfecting his craft is that he wants to play in a professional environment for a coach who knows how to develop him, and a front office/ownership group who doesn't have their head up their ass.

Oh... and LeBron tried to trade him lol.

In that light, the whole "earth is flat" thing could have been semi-brilliant. Gives everyone something to ask him about since he knows he can't really come out and say that much about what he would really want to say.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,829

Post#839 » by truth18 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:58 pm

BOB DYLAN IS A WEIRDO IDIOT

Y HE NOT SPEAK WEL?
YOU LOSE
OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Post#840 » by OFWGKTA » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:59 pm

truth18 wrote:

BOB DYLAN IS A WEIRDO IDIOT

Y HE NOT SPEAK WEL?

You're gonna be out of sig space within a week
Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.

Return to Boston Celtics