ImageImageImage

IT appreciation thread...Thanks for the memories

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

AgentGreen
Head Coach
And1: 3,469

Re: IT appreciation thread...Thanks for the memories 

Post#261 » by AgentGreen » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:09 pm

Never seen IT like this before, he always had that big smile and a look with full confidence during his interviews as a Boston player... But the look in his eyes and his voice now? The way he is trying to hold himself together is just painfull to watch.

From a fan's perspective this was a painfull trade and i dont think that there will be a more painfull trade anytime soon like this one.

I will miss the little guy. Thanks for everything IT.

Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,312

Post#262 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:22 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
Obviously it is our opinion. The world has gone mushy.

It's interesting, because this is a man that has no bearings on our personal, professional, social, and interpersonal lives. Yet, we miss him? No. We miss him as a symbol for us to externalize our competitive passions onto. We miss the sentiment and knowledge created by processing observations-being Celtic games. So from a technical cognitive behavioral standpoint, Isaiah has no bearrings on anyone here, other then as a source of externalization as this is a man we have no real relationship with. So in this regard, and with this in mind, I really don't care about what is, and isn't lost in the trade, ultimately.

But it's my job to think like this. We as people are interesting. Can I say, in general I'll miss IT as a Celtic? Yeah sure. Can I say I personally will miss him and defend a sentiment against differing ones? No, not at all.

IT played a great role in bringing the Celtics back into the limelight. Sucks for him and I genuinly feel bad for him. It's been a tough year for the guy. But as a fan, I moved on as soon as the trade was announced. There are stars in the sky. Magnificent.

I think it was incredibly fortuitous that the Kyrie opportunity came along for the C's when it did. Because with IT's injury not healed the season wasn't looking so bright after all and then there was the tricky contract question when the ongoing health of his hip is so open to question. I expect Brad and his team to shore up Kyrie's D pretty quickly and the young guys to really come on this year. Crowder had to go, as it sounds like Jae himself understood, so really it was a great deal. I am sorry to see Zizic go, however.

What I'm getting at is, yes, the human side is interesting, but I too moved on to the next iteration of the C's without lament.

I feel like we would have ended up with either Kyrie or the Nets pick. Good either way.
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Re: RE: Re: IT appreciation thread...Thanks for the memories 

Post#263 » by KGboss » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:50 pm

AgentGreen wrote:Never seen IT like this before, he always had that big smile and a look with full confidence during his interviews as a Boston player... But the look in his eyes and his voice now? The way he is trying to hold himself together is just painfull to watch.

From a fan's perspective this was a painfull trade and i dont think that there will be a more painfull trade anytime soon like this one.

I will miss the little guy. Thanks for everything IT.

This dude is crying...

Sorry IT...
OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Post#264 » by OFWGKTA » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Front tooth/crown broke off completely today while biting into pizza crust, felt like the playoffs all over again.

Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,482

Post#265 » by 165bows » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:52 pm

IT was a baller. Good luck to that dude. Competitive as ****, fun to watch.
Writebloc
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,615

Post#266 » by Writebloc » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:33 am

Read on Twitter
NormanDale
Rookie
And1: 629

Post#267 » by NormanDale » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:39 am

As soon as I started watching him regularly (when he came to the Celtics), IT became my favorite player to watch in the entire NBA. If he can come back healthy by the end of the season, I predict that he will remain the league's most entertaining player (unless Giannis catches him).

Assuming the Cavs beat us in the playoffs and return to the finals, I will be completely behind the Cavs in the Finals (after rooting for GState in the Finals the past three years).

I wish IT only the best. If he recovers from his injury and scores 30 ppg in the playoffs on his way to a title, I will be neither surprised nor anything but happy for him.
Hear you tell it, man I'm fallin/Well somebody must have caught him/Cause every fourth quarter/I like to Mike Jordan 'em.

"I think you'll find that these are the exact same dimensions as our gym back at Hickory."
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#268 » by ermocrate » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:54 am

Read on Twitter
"Negativity in this town sucks"
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#269 » by FlatearthZorro » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:42 am

IT was so close to legendary status in Boston. It is saddening that he didn' t get the chance, but it is what is is. Both parties moving on to better things(props to Danny for trading him to the #2 team in the league). As I said it before the East will remember Isaiah. He's awesome.

On that note, LETS GO CELTICS!
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.

Return to Boston Celtics