ImageImageImage

So to recap: one top pick for Butler/George = Too much, but a top pick AND IT for Irving = Great???

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Re: So to recap: one top pick for Butler/George = Too much, but a top pick AND IT for Irving = Great??? 

Post#101 » by jirrit » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:53 pm

jamalkandur wrote:It's simply starting all over again for c's and they dont have to do this, simply they could just add Butler&RoLo for Horford/Zizic/Ojeleye/Yabusele/LA pick and they could be boost already established team.
IT/Fultz
Bradley/Smart
Jimmy B./Jaylen
Crowder/lets say Jamycal G.(v. min)
Lopez/lets say Javale(v. Min) or one of the other zillions of unsigned FA Cs.
This is heck of a defensive and offensive juggernaut, Also '18 draft top3 wonderkid in the pocket.

We would have Fultz OR the LA-pick, not both.
We obviously didn't want to extend IT, same applies to Bradley, hence why they are traded now and not let go for free at the end of this season.
So yeah. He could have tried for Fultz, Smart, Butler, Crowder, Lopez + bench Brown. We would have lost that BKN-pick for Butler.

Now we have Irving, Smart, Hayward, Morris, Horford with a bench of premium rookies Brown & Tatum + the LAL pick.

I think that second team I just post >>>>> the team you posted plus there's much more restart in the first squad than in the second squad. Butler would have landed in almost the exact same spot as in Chicago. But yeah, keep on whining about Ainge not wanting to make that trade with you guys.
rochrist
Sophomore
And1: 219

Re: So to recap: one top pick for Butler/George = Too much, but a top pick AND IT for Irving = Great??? 

Post#102 » by rochrist » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:37 pm

stitches wrote:
rochrist wrote:Irving is better than Butler. And one year of George isn't worth it.

I think this is insanity. Butler is 10 times the player Irving is.

Get back to me when Butler averages more than 30 in the ECF Finals. Also, is Butler still gonna be 10 times the player in 5 years?

Return to Boston Celtics