ImageImageImage

LeBron to Lakers?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Re: LeBron to Lakers? 

Post#21 » by GregB » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:13 am

Jakeopp wrote:Lebron joining a team of kids would be suprising to me

Sure,

But it's more likely Lebron/George Or Lebron/Westbrook.

If they move Deng and Clarkson. They could potentially sign 3 guys.

They would certainly be the team in the west to challenge Golden State for the next 2-3 seasons.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,997

Post#22 » by 31to6 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:21 am

Are S+Ts so done now that he couldn't end up on the Clippers? He'd be fun to watch with Blake -- they're kind of trending towards similar players with age. Balmer and the Logo could make it happen, putting IT/___/Jae/Love/DAJ in Cleveland?

I'd kind of like to imagine LeBron on the Knicks, but lol @ going from Gilbert to Dolan.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#23 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:45 am

Bron apparently school shopping in LA? Dan Gilbert should just go "**** it! **** Lebron! I'm trading errbody for picks by the deadline."
â–‘Nâ–‘0â–‘0â–‘Dâ–‘Sâ–‘ â–‘Iâ–‘Nâ–‘ â–‘Bâ–‘Iâ–‘Oâ–‘
OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Post#24 » by OFWGKTA » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:49 am

Was just reading an SI article on Bronbron from Feb 2002 and Ainge popped up, second paragraph:

(I couldn't get the text to copy from my phone)
Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#25 » by captain green » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:09 am

If he leaves cavs, good deal. If he doesn't he is getting older, eventually good deal.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
thegreenlife
Pro Prospect
And1: 648

Post#26 » by thegreenlife » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:04 am

I'd love to see LeBoob join the FLakers; makes it possible to kill 2 birds with 1 stone
Collinto
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#27 » by Collinto » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:41 am

Miami. That's LeBron's go to move, right?
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#28 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:58 am

Collinto wrote:Miami. That's LeBron's go to move, right?

Nah they're capped out
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#29 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:14 am

Would love to see Cleveland get out in front of this, and take away a little player entitlement, by trading Lebron and Love now - not at the deadline or in deals next summer.

A trade of Lebron to LA for Deng, Jordan Clarkson, and Brandon Ingram would give Cleveland another piece for the future - Ingram, the BKN pick, TT, Clarkson, maybe IT isn't bad. Plus whatever they might get dealing Love. Even keeping him and playing him in a double forward lineup with Thompson would be pretty good.

LA would have Lebron, plus nearly enough money to max two guys. Also the possibility Lebron could opt out and take a slight paycut to facilitate adding Westbrook and George.
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#30 » by grindtime22 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:28 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Would love to see Cleveland get out in front of this, and take away a little player entitlement, by trading Lebron and Love now - not at the deadline or in deals next summer.

A trade of Lebron to LA for Deng, Jordan Clarkson, and Brandon Ingram would give Cleveland another piece for the future - Ingram, the BKN pick, TT, Clarkson, maybe IT isn't bad. Plus whatever they might get dealing Love. Even keeping him and playing him in a double forward lineup with Thompson would be pretty good.

LA would have Lebron, plus nearly enough money to max two guys. Also the possibility Lebron could opt out and take a slight paycut to facilitate adding Westbrook and George.

As he always does, Lebron has control of the process. He has a no trade clause.

If Lebron wants to go to LA, he will wait and not make them give up any assets. They aren't going to be good enough this year just by adding him. Its best to wait for reinforcements next summer and keep the assets with LA.

The Cavs could just say screw it and flip Love though. BUT, if I were them, I would wait til mid season to think about that. His value isn't very high at this point. He has the potential to raise it significantly with Kyrie gone and IT not healthy yet.
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#31 » by celtxman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:49 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Would love to see Cleveland get out in front of this, and take away a little player entitlement, by trading Lebron and Love now - not at the deadline or in deals next summer.

I'm not feeling strongly about it, but you do realize that we have a shot at 2-5 with the Lakers pick, right? Right now Las Vegas odds pegs them at tied for the 8th worst record with 33 wins, which seems about right for their roster.
So the Catch 22 is on- if the Lakers trade for LeBron, then we no longer will have to worry about Cleveland however the pick has no chance to materialize for the Celtics. If the Lakers are looking to save assets and wait for everybody in free agency it looks like we need an injury (Lopez LOL) or Pope to get down to the 2-5 range.
In looking at the current Lakers roster they've started a vintage 2010 Miami Heat sort of job that will be focused on figuring out a way to dump Luol Deng. They already got rid of Mozgov's contract.
Looking around the NBA, if I were the Lakers I would be looking squarely at the Chicago Bulls being way below the cap. Clarkson, Deng ,Ingram, future picks for Wade. I don't believe Wade has a no-trade clause. The Bulls get a decent player in Clarkson and get to take a flyer on Ingram that could be a nice move for a rebuilding team. The Lakers get to where they want to be to sign LeBron, Westbrook and Paul George as free agents with virtually only Lonzo Ball's salary on the roster. With Clarkson and Ingram gone, the Celtics get more of a crack at 2-5.
The biggest snags in this deal would be Wade getting pissy about spending time in limbo while waiting to be released in March, and Clarkson being too good for a Bulls tank in the last best year to tank. Maybe get a third team involved? Deng actually helps them as a bad player soaking up salary to get to the cap floor while the Bulls look high lotto in 2018. Welcome home Luol!
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#32 » by ermocrate » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:20 pm

jmr07019 wrote:We've heard LeBron will head west next offseason a few times but who in the west will have a desirable situation? I'm not sure but I do know Lakers will have a ton of cap room and could put a Ball / Ingram / Randle package together for a third star/player. Where do you think LeBron plays next year? The thought of LeBron in a lakers jersey makes me sick

Well, the marriage between two overrated legacies, sounds perfect to me.
"Negativity in this town sucks"
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#33 » by jmr07019 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:31 pm

Most aren't concerned at all about LeBron joining the lakers but it is definitely not in our interest for LeBron to go there. He was arguably the best player in the league last year and there's no way he wasn't a top 5 talent. I don't think the guy is going to fall off a cliff he is going to be like Brady and play well longer than everybody expects because he pays attention to every detail in order to stay at peak performance (i.e having a plan for sleep, nutrition, stretching, lifting for the next several years already laid out).

He's not going to LAL to play with kids he is going to go with another max FA or two. LeBron with at least one of Westbrook / George plus a third star.

Then there's this

"I’m publicly terminating the pandemic of speculation surrounding LeBron James’ playing plans past this season," wrote Vecsey. "For months, many in the media declared or composed presumption the Lakers would be the beneficiaries of his talents when he became a free agent July 1, 2018. I’m eradicating all conjecture and uncertainty! I’m comfortable now in stating unequivocally, LeBron will leave the Cavaliers a second time and join the Lakers, and return the team to LA Lore status."

The Lakers are preserving their cap space and looking to create more for 2018 in order to sign two max contract players.

James is spending more time in Los Angeles lately and was seen with his wife this past week looking at high schools for their two sons.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/247424/Vecsey-LeBron-James-Definitively-Leaving-Cavaliers-For-Lakers-In-2018
Show Love Spread Love
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,690

Post#34 » by GoCeltics123 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:32 pm

Peter Vescey says he's 100% Lakers bound. He was recently checking out LA high schools for his kids. Seems pretty clear to me right now he's gone.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,058

Post#35 » by London2Boston » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Lets send him out of Cleveland with a nice elimination again then.
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#36 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:42 pm

Durant has had his injuries. After seeing Shaq go to LA then Lebron what should fans of the Jazz, Bucks, and other teams that aren't free agent destinations think about this? As a Cleveland Browns fan I have some hope even if they have to overpay some players. If I'm a fan of Jazz or Bucks I certainly wouldn't have any. This would be a good excuse for me to watch less basketball for a few years, but Lebron and the Lakers are a perfect match.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,309

Post#37 » by Froob » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:47 pm

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:
Collinto wrote:Miami. That's LeBron's go to move, right?

Nah they're capped out

With a team without second round aspirations. What a blizzard team the Rat is building there...

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#38 » by Taget » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:55 pm

As far as winning his best bet is to stay with the Cavs. With a fractured relationship with Dan Gilbert and him already starting to build a second career in Hollywood that may not be what he is after.

But of course we all know what will REALLY happen. He'll realizes how much he misses Kyrie Irving and signs with Boston in a three year deal for the league minimum! :clown:
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#39 » by captain green » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:13 pm

If george and lebron and westbrook go there how many fines will la get then?
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#40 » by jirrit » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:12 am

OFWGKTA wrote:Was just reading an SI article on Bronbron from Feb 2002 and Ainge popped up, second paragraph:

(I couldn't get the text to copy from my phone)

Location and bluetooth on, trying to drain battery asap I guess? 8-)

Return to Boston Celtics