ImageImageImage

Gordon Hayward -Back to Basketball

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Gordon Hayward -Back to Basketball 

Post#1 » by KGboss » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:38 pm

Gordon posted a new blog revving up for the upcoming season. Really good read.

http://www.gordonhayward20.life/2017/09/21/back-to-basketball/

I haven't been this excited for a season to begin since September 2007.

10 years later and here we are
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,058

Re: Gordon Hayward -Back to Basketball 

Post#2 » by London2Boston » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:26 am

Such an epic picture.

GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Post#3 » by GregB » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:27 am

KGboss wrote:Gordon posted a new blog revving up for the upcoming season. Really good read.

Sadly the Warriors keep me from sharing that same level of excitement. But I can't **** wait!
claycarver
Sixth Man
And1: 2,099

Post#4 » by claycarver » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:28 am

KGboss wrote:Gordon posted a new blog revving up for the upcoming season. Really good read.

Great article, thanks for posting it. I enjoyed what he has to say about Isaiah Thomas, Big Al, Stevens and Smart. I liked that he threw the young guys some attention. Then...video games.

So I'm 45 years old, keep that in mind. I quit on video games when my Atari gave out, so I read something about video games I'm thinking

In my mind, the immaculately coiffed Hayward has just wedged a paragraph on Ms, Packman in between info on Jaylen Brown and the stress he's put on his young wife. I wouldn't have thought it any more strange if he'd talked up a horse shoe tournament or a bowling league.

This isn't a criticism of Hayward, I know I'm the one out of touch. Still... off court Hayward is more weird to me than off court Morris twins...giving an **** a beat down makes a lot more sense to me :lol:
AlCelticFan
General Manager
And1: 6,470

Post#5 » by AlCelticFan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:54 pm

claycarver wrote:

Great article, thanks for posting it. I enjoyed what he has to say about Isaiah Thomas, Big Al, Stevens and Smart. I liked that he threw the young guys some attention. Then...video games.

So I'm 45 years old, keep that in mind. I quit on video games when my Atari gave out, so I read something about video games I'm thinking

In my mind, the immaculately coiffed Hayward has just wedged a paragraph on Ms, Packman in between info on Jaylen Brown and the stress he's put on his young wife. I wouldn't have thought it any more strange if he'd talked up a horse shoe tournament or a bowling league.

This isn't a criticism of Hayward, I know I'm the one out of touch. Still... off court Hayward is more weird to me than off court Morris twins...giving an **** a beat down makes a lot more sense to me :lol:

It's helpful to see Hayward as a very tall, very well-paid kid in many ways still... 27 is the new 20 in 2017 I suspect. I too haven't played a video game in forever, and it's hard to imagine having time to do so.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#6 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:12 pm

London2Boston wrote:Such an epic picture.

I'm not gay, and I say this as a heterosexual man who works out 3-4 times a week and can appreciate a man's physique in a non-sexual way - Holy cow, Gordo's got some great glutes!! Either that, or he's got a great tailor.
ThirtyFour
Starter
And1: 3,477

Post#7 » by ThirtyFour » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Man that article just put things in perspective. Who knows how it will all translate into the upcoming season but that just got me pumped up. These three (Hayward, Irving and Horford) could be really amazing together, not to mention the young guys and other new additions. Miss IT, but I'm starting to really get excited!! Go C's!!!!
“There’s a sense of pride, there’s an edge you have to have to play here. I can only imagine the love, the reception, if you hung one of those banners up. It would be incredible — it’s going to be incredible. I know it.” —Jayson Tatum
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#8 » by ParticleMan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:43 pm

well said, Gordon. great read.

:beer:
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#9 » by truth18 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:47 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:

I'm not gay, and I say this as a heterosexual man who works out 3-4 times a week and can appreciate a man's physique in a non-sexual way - Holy cow, Gordo's got some great glutes!! Either that, or he's got a great tailor.

I'm not gay and I appreciate it in a very sexual way.
YOU LOSE
jordb2k7
Pro Prospect
And1: 890

Post#10 » by jordb2k7 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:47 pm

Complete agreement most excited I've been since the 07-08 season. Only difference I went into that year legit thinking we would win the title, I believed in those guys so much. This year if not for the Warriors I can't say I'd feel the same but I'd feel we would have a real chance to win it. As it is now we need a lot to go our way for it to happen this year....good thing we should still keep getting better the next few years :nod:
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#11 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:04 pm

Without another major star acquisition, need Gordo to be legit top 7 guy in the league. Not expecting it, but feel free to surprise the **** out of me.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
LobCityRondo2KG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,070

Post#12 » by LobCityRondo2KG » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:28 pm

Great read.. He didnt shout out Yabudabu and Semi tho which was heartbreaking..
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#13 » by cloverleaf » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:27 pm

claycarver wrote:

You can tell he's taking more of his outlook on the team from Brad than from Danny. Danny would never have gone so far as to talk about playing with Smart, Brown and Tatum without including Rozier. Instead, Danny has talked about Rozier and Smart being ready to step up (with Danny listing them in that order), and their being able to be more patient with Brown and Tatum.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#14 » by FlatearthZorro » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:21 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:Without another major star acquisition, need Gordo to be legit top 7 guy in the league. Not expecting it, but feel free to surprise the **** out of me.

If he makes the same improvement he did last year, wont be surprised. DUde's pretty talented and looked a legit top 20 player last year. Was shocked he didn't make all-nba. He led a very good team.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
VeryMuchWoke
Head Coach
And1: 7,509

Post#15 » by VeryMuchWoke » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:08 pm

truth18 wrote:

Well, I'm not gay and I just finished jerking off to it.
"Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him."
Pat Riley
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#16 » by GreenBloodedC » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:16 am

VeryMuchWoke wrote:
truth18 wrote:

As long as you say "no homo" it's totally fine.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#17 » by truth18 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:45 am

GreenBloodedC wrote:
VeryMuchWoke wrote:
truth18 wrote:

It's fine no matter what you say.

A donk is a donk.
YOU LOSE
Turgon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,607

Post#18 » by Turgon » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:44 am

GreenBloodedC wrote:
VeryMuchWoke wrote:
truth18 wrote:

Yeah. You should only worry if you feel the urge to see Zac Efron movies.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,254

Post#19 » by TheMartian » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:33 am

That gave me goosebumps. Can't wait for the season to start.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#20 » by FlatearthZorro » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:24 am

As soon as Hayward came to our team- he became a role player. I personally think he's a fantastic b-ball player and is poised for anoteher All-NBA season.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.

Return to Boston Celtics