ImageImageImage

New look Cavs vs. new look Celtics

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Re: RE: Re: New look Cavs vs. new look Celtics 

Post#321 » by Edug27 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:47 pm

VeryMuchWoke wrote:
Moose23 wrote:
VeryMuchWoke wrote:I just don't think we'll be able to take down the Cavs when it countsin the playoffs. Chances are the Raptors take them out in round 2.
If the Celts cannot take them then how in the world with the Raps.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

The Raptors will beat them in the 2nd round. We wouldn't see them until the ECF.

Lol.. The Raptors??... Lol.
yeahM8
Starter
And1: 3,682

Re: New look Cavs vs. new look Celtics 

Post#322 » by yeahM8 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:52 pm

Half the season waiting for Cleveland to turn it on. It's like a forgone conclusion that they are going to kill everyone in the east.
At the same time I have watched pretty much every game we have played and we definitely have not been firing on all cyclinders. When we finally do I don't see Cleveland having a chance against us.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#323 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:57 pm

Edug27 wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
Edug27 wrote:
Yep. Lebron can beat our team by himself in the playoffs.

Nope. Offensively, he is still a load. Unfortunately, he's surrounded by guys who can't play defense anymore.

Last season they were 29th in defense over the second half of the season, and 3rd in defense during the playoffs. My gut tells me their defense looks much better come playoffs..... until GS comes to town of course.

Who did they play in the playoffs? A beat up Toronto team. The Celtics, missing their only guy who was capable of creating their own shot. The Pacers? Even those guys scored more than their season average and put up over 100ppg in all 4 games.

They weren't a great defensive team last year, and they got weaker defensively this year. The Cavs are in trouble.

This isn't the 2010 Celtics team that punted the regular season. That team lost games because they weren't scoring. They were still holding teams to under 100 but still losing. This Cavs team can't stop anyone.
prov1ml
Starter
And1: 2,157

Post#324 » by prov1ml » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:04 pm

prov1ml wrote:I'm a little leery to assume the Cavs are done. My god I hope they are but I'm going to wait until April to make a determination. We've seen them turn it around too many times. I know their D is horrible compared to other years and I hope it continues. I want nothing more than to see a Finals without LeBron for the first time in 8 years.

But, mark my words, if the Cavs don't make the finals, IT will be the scapegoat. I feel bad for IT because its bound to happen......

Wow, I was pretty sure I was right. I just didn't realize it would be proven within hours! I presume this guy is legit but who knows... :o
Read on Twitter

Love is probably ecstatic that it isn't him for the first time since he's gotten there :lol:
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#325 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:11 pm

prov1ml wrote:
prov1ml wrote:I'm a little leery to assume the Cavs are done. My god I hope they are but I'm going to wait until April to make a determination. We've seen them turn it around too many times. I know their D is horrible compared to other years and I hope it continues. I want nothing more than to see a Finals without LeBron for the first time in 8 years.

But, mark my words, if the Cavs don't make the finals, IT will be the scapegoat. I feel bad for IT because its bound to happen......

Wow, I was pretty sure I was right. I just didn't realize it would be proven within hours! I presume this guy is legit but who knows... :o
Read on Twitter

Love is probably ecstatic that it isn't him for the first time since he's gotten there :lol:

Wade is a coward.
prov1ml
Starter
And1: 2,157

Post#326 » by prov1ml » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:34 pm

prov1ml wrote:

Read on Twitter

Wade is a coward.

Yes, as if him and Love are real defensive juggernauts themselves.

I won't begin to defend IT as great defensively (pun intended). But, the Cavs were horrible defensively before IT came back. It doesn't all fall on him. Most of these guys need to look in the mirror first and foremost.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#327 » by djFan71 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:29 pm

prov1ml wrote:
Spoiler:
prov1ml wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wade is a coward.

Yes, as if him and Love are real defensive juggernauts themselves.

I won't begin to defend IT as great defensively (pun intended). But, the Cavs were horrible defensively before IT came back. It doesn't all fall on him. Most of these guys need to look in the mirror first and foremost.

Yeah, it's early with him coming back, pretty lame to jump on him already. And the rest of the Cavs are pretty bad. But, really, how does it change with IT? Brad contorted our defense to/past the breaking point to cover for him. And we had guys like Marcus, Jae, AB, Jaylen, Al, and Amir (when he had 2 ankles) around doing the compensation. CLE doesn't have that caliber of defenders to cover for him.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,058

Post#328 » by London2Boston » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:41 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:Why are people still scared of these guys? lol

Simple answer

Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,287

Post#329 » by Marvel » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Not buying it. Still think the Cavs come out the East. They won't obliterate opponents anymore but i do think they can beat anyone in the East until they can't.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,423

Post#330 » by Captain_Caveman » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:47 pm

prov1ml wrote:

Read on Twitter

Given how many other reporters are saying that the Cavs were crying to them, I don't doubt this is true.

It's a weak attempt at a mutiny to get their front office to trade that Nets pick, IMO.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,691

Post#331 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:57 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:It's a weak attempt at a mutiny to get their front office to trade that Nets pick, IMO.

That's the most natural theory for motivation.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
rickrolled
Head Coach
And1: 2,652

Post#332 » by rickrolled » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:17 pm

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

Post#333 » by Parliament10 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:56 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
prov1ml wrote:

Read on Twitter

Given how many other reporters are saying that the Cavs were crying to them, I don't doubt this is true.

It's a weak attempt at a mutiny to get their front office to trade that Nets pick, IMO.

Can you blame them, though? -- They're 7 games behind.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Post#334 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:48 pm

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,690

Post#335 » by GoCeltics123 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:13 am

Read on Twitter
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#336 » by Bleeding Green » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:35 am

London2Boston wrote:

Simple answer

Once the playoffs start, it doesn't really matter what the other 4 guys on the court are doing, LeBron is going to be the best player in the world and that's all that matters until he meets up with the Warriors. I'm done with predicting the demise of LeBron James. Talk all you want about Thomas or JR Smith or Jae Crowder but none of it matters. Although, damn, IT talks a lot for a dude who hasn't really done much in his career.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,423

Post#337 » by Captain_Caveman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:07 am

Bleeding Green wrote:
London2Boston wrote:

Simple answer

Once the playoffs start, it doesn't really matter what the other 4 guys on the court are doing, LeBron is going to be the best player in the world and that's all that matters until he meets up with the Warriors. I'm done with predicting the demise of LeBron James. Talk all you want about Thomas or JR Smith or Jae Crowder but none of it matters. Although, damn, IT talks a lot for a dude who hasn't really done much in his career.

Sally with a skirt on.
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#338 » by Edug27 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:52 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:
London2Boston wrote:
Simple answer

Sally with a skirt on.

He’s right though.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Post#339 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:54 pm

Read on Twitter

░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Stadium5
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,556

Post#340 » by Stadium5 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:38 pm

IT thinks he has any right to criticize anybody defensively?

lol

Return to Boston Celtics