ImageImageImage

Injuries (2017-18): Whole Team Expected to be Ready for Preseason

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,221

Re: Injuries: Irving (Knee); Brown (Concussion); Smart (Thumb); Theis (Meniscus) 

Post#1101 » by Homerclease » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:16 pm

ajones9219 wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
With or without Irving Celtics are not beating the cavs in the second round.

If healthy they do have a shot. I mean not a great shot but that Cavs roster other than LeBron isn't that good. They are a worse team than last year. But you can't dismiss it from happening because you have a roster thats been completely turned over. The right thing to do is to shut Kyrie down. Long term anyways thats the move to make. Will they get Smart back for the 2nd round? Also plays a big factor into that since I'm not sure I feel comfortable about Rozier playing clutch defense in a playoff game.

As I stated in the last page I think they roll into the second round healthy outside hayward and to theis so I think folding on the season is pointless

I consider my demeanor glass half full most of the time but I just can’t get there expecting both Smart and Kyrie back at 100% for round 2 of the postseason. Not to mention neither will be in game shape. This is an extremely sunny outlook that I hope happens but realistically don’t think it does
ajones9219
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,521

Re: Injuries: Irving (Knee); Brown (Concussion); Smart (Thumb); Theis (Meniscus) 

Post#1102 » by ajones9219 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:19 pm

Read on Twitter
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,018

Post#1103 » by London2Boston » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Honestly might aswell just get this sorted now. Better for him to miss the rest of this season and be 100% next season than for it to be a constant issue next season.
BigTrade92
General Manager
And1: 10,685

Post#1104 » by BigTrade92 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:33 pm

This “shut him down” talk is nonsense.

Screws need to come out of his knee. The timetable on that return is 6-8 weeks.

If he plays until June, as we hope, he can get the surgery and be ready in time for training camp.

There’s no point in shutting him down, just as long as he’s able to tolerate the pain, which is the key issue here. This is all pain management.

I’d rather have him compete for a title in a wide open year and miss a month to start next season, then to shut him down now, give up all hope on a title this year, just so he’s ready in October.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,980

Post#1105 » by Froob » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:35 pm

Can’t wait for the should have kept Isaiah takes.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,115

Post#1106 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:37 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:Real talk: I still believe we can make the ECF without Kyrie. I think we will beat Miami (Horford is still the best player in that series) and would still take us over Philly.

anythingispossiblllllllllllllle.jpeg
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#1107 » by TheOGJabroni » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:45 pm

Froob wrote:Can’t wait for the should have kept Isaiah takes.

No but how about we get our second round pick back?
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,018

Post#1108 » by London2Boston » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:45 pm

Let’s be real though. We go out in round 1 without Kyrie. Probably push and narrowly lose to Cavs or Toronto with him. Whatever though really. Any achievement after the first 5 mins of our season is gravy.
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#1109 » by colaroaster » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:51 pm

gordon went down and danny didn't add anyone. marcus punched himself-out and danny didn't add anyone. theis went down and danny didn't add anyone. now kyrie's out and danny can't add anyone. plus there was an open roster spot all season.. this sucks
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Re: RE: Re: Injuries: Irving (Knee); Brown (Concussion); Smart (Thumb); Theis (Meniscus) 

Post#1110 » by KGboss » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:53 pm

colaroaster wrote:gordon went down and danny didn't add anyone. marcus punched himself-out and danny didn't add anyone. theis went down and danny didn't add anyone. now kyrie's out and danny can't add anyone. plus there was an open roster spot all season.. this sucks
They added greg monroe he took the only roster spot they had. You dont make sense

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#1111 » by Edug27 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:04 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:Real talk: I still believe we can make the ECF without Kyrie.

Lol.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,980

Post#1112 » by Froob » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:06 pm

colaroaster wrote:gordon went down and danny didn't add anyone. marcus punched himself-out and danny didn't add anyone. theis went down and danny didn't add anyone. now kyrie's out and danny can't add anyone. plus there was an open roster spot all season.. this sucks

Lol what did you want him to do?

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Re: RE: Re: Injuries: Irving (Knee); Brown (Concussion); Smart (Thumb); Theis (Meniscus) 

Post#1113 » by colaroaster » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:12 pm

KGboss wrote:
They added greg monroe he took the only roster spot they had. You dont make sense

lol keep drinking milk bandwagon idiot
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1114 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:16 pm

Edug27 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:Real talk: I still believe we can make the ECF without Kyrie.

Lol.

So you think we’d lose to Miami?
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1115 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:17 pm

colaroaster wrote:
KGboss wrote:

Dont do this.
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Injuries: Irving (Knee); Brown (Concussion); Smart (Thumb); Theis (Meniscus) 

Post#1116 » by KGboss » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:17 pm

colaroaster wrote:
KGboss wrote:

Bandwagon? Lmao.

Sit down child.

Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#1117 » by Edug27 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:18 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Edug27 wrote:

Lol.

You skipping the second round?
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1118 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:21 pm

Edug27 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Edug27 wrote:
Lol.

You skipping the second round?

No, in my quote you snipped, I also said that I think they could beat Philly too. Horford defends Simmons suprisingly well and Baynes does too with Embiid. Theyre inexperienced and turnovet prone and its not an impossible feat to beat them sans Kyrie.
shawn unkempt
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,999

Post#1120 » by shawn unkempt » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:22 pm

I'd be shocked if he's back this season. Knee injuries are nothing to mess with and it's all about next season at this point.

Return to Boston Celtics