ImageImageImage

Injuries (2017-18): Whole Team Expected to be Ready for Preseason

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,691

Re: Injuries: Brown (Hamstring) 

Post#1801 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri May 4, 2018 3:44 pm

What's the worst case for a reinjury? If it's measured in weeks, then I don't see the problem with him playing.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Valid
RealGM
And1: 12,656

Post#1802 » by Valid » Fri May 4, 2018 3:50 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:What's the worst case for a reinjury? If it's measured in weeks, then I don't see the problem with him playing.

The worst case is a torn hamstring, which would knock him out for part of next season.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,046

Post#1803 » by GrandTheftRondo » Fri May 4, 2018 3:53 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:What's the worst case for a reinjury? If it's measured in weeks, then I don't see the problem with him playing.

I'm no doctor but hamstrings are a weekly thing in our native game. I'm pretty sure he's still playing with a strain right now so I think the risk is that he could do a more serious strain which could be a very lengthy layoff.

You can tear a hamstring off the bone which would be something like 16+ weeks (I could be wrong) but not sure if Brown playing puts him at greater risk of that.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,691

Post#1804 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri May 4, 2018 3:54 pm

Valid wrote:

The worst case is a torn hamstring, which would knock him out for part of next season.

Thanks.

I hope they've determined that the risk of THAT is low.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Valid
RealGM

Post#1805 » by Valid » Fri May 4, 2018 3:56 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
Valid wrote:

Thanks.

I hope they've determined that the risk of THAT is low.

Well I would certainly hope so, but I've gotta tell you: this is scary. The hamstring is the largest muscle in the body and takes the longest to heal. I'm beyond shocked they would allow him to play when he hadn't been medically cleared.
liveod
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,082

Post#1806 » by liveod » Fri May 4, 2018 4:04 pm

Valid wrote:
liveod wrote:Play Semi in Brown's minutes. We cannot expect to win in Philly, let him sit.

I'm with you on sitting Brown, but uh, we can't expect to win in Philly? Why?

Idk. Not sure I agree with myself
Celtics_Champs wrote:Abby Chin always looks good. She blocked me on Twitter and to this day I have no idea and I never said anything to her. One day I will see her on sidelines and ask her why oh why.
keevsnick1
Veteran
And1: 4,069

Post#1807 » by keevsnick1 » Fri May 4, 2018 4:13 pm

Valid wrote:

The recovery time for a complete tear of a hamstring is 3-6 months, with the start of next seaosn being 5.5 months away. So him missing time next year due to a reinjury isnt that likely and would require a comlete tear of the muscle. That said the bigger risk is that he loses an offseaosn of working on his game. We want him out there dribbling, shooting, ect. not rehabbing.
Valid
RealGM

Post#1808 » by Valid » Fri May 4, 2018 4:14 pm

keevsnick1 wrote:
Valid wrote:

The recovery time for a complete tear of a hamstring is 3-6 months, with the start of next seaosn being 5.5 months away. So him missing time next year due to a reinjury isnt that likely and would require a comlete tear of the muscle. That said the bigger risk is that he loses an offseaosn of working on his game. We want him out there dribbling, shooting, ect. not rehabbing.

Well that's why I said the absolute worst case scenario.

Also, keep in mind the potential long-term effects of a torn hamstring. Even if he makes it back by opening night, will he ever be the same again? Torn hamstrings are no joke.
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#1809 » by 2Mas » Fri May 4, 2018 4:32 pm

Valid wrote:
keevsnick1 wrote:
Valid wrote:The worst case is a torn hamstring, which would knock him out for part of next season.

Also, keep in mind the potential long-term effects of a torn hamstring. Even if he makes it back by opening night, will he ever be the same again? Torn hamstrings are no joke.

Kris Middleton didn't look like it affected him at all lol.

I don't love that he played. Makes me worried. I too don't want him to tear a hamstring.

However in this super conservative don't risk anything era we're in, I love that he said **** it & played. Not only did he play, but ball out too. Everyone's banged up at this point. If you can suck it up? Do it.

However, he looked like he was teetering that line real close. I wouldn't mind sitting him game 3 & let him go game 4 +
Valid
RealGM

Post#1810 » by Valid » Fri May 4, 2018 4:36 pm

2Mas wrote:
Valid wrote:
keevsnick1 wrote:

I don't love that he played. Makes me worried. I too don't want him to tear a hamstring.

However in this super conservative don't risk anything era we're in, I love that he said **** it & played. Not only did he play, but ball out too. Everyone's banged up at this point. If you can suck it up? Do it.

However, he looked like he was teetering that line real close. I wouldn't mind sitting him game 3 & let him go game 4 +

Hey I have no issue with his mentality. That's what you want to see from your players. What I have a bit of an issue with is the Celtics allowing him to play when he was clearly compromised. The kid is 21 and has an extremely bright future. We aren't winning the title this year. I would rather make sure he is alright for the long haul.

But yeah. We are up 2-0. Game 3 is a perfect time to sit him.
keevsnick1
Veteran
And1: 4,069

Post#1811 » by keevsnick1 » Fri May 4, 2018 8:18 pm

Valid wrote:
2Mas wrote:
Valid wrote:Well that's why I said the absolute worst case scenario.

Hey I have no issue with his mentality. That's what you want to see from your players. What I have a bit of an issue with is the Celtics allowing him to play when he was clearly compromised. The kid is 21 and has an extremely bright future. We aren't winning the title this year. I would rather make sure he is alright for the long haul.

I agree in general, I also trust the celtics medical staff to make the right call. I dont think they'd play him if they thought there was a huge risk of long term injury. They said they looked at the MRI and it looked good, so my guess us its a minor strain and the risk is more that he might agravated it and reset the healing clock back to 2 weeks then make it worse. Given the way they've handled Hayward I dont think they compuse the line term.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#1812 » by FlatearthZorro » Fri May 4, 2018 8:34 pm

Valid wrote:
2Mas wrote:
Valid wrote:Well that's why I said the absolute worst case scenario.

I'm hopeful he can heal up. He's still young. If he hasn't rest him for 2 games and bring him back in game 5.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,325

Post#1813 » by Gant » Fri May 4, 2018 10:58 pm

Here's Brown going into detail on his current status:

Read on Twitter
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,402

Post#1814 » by K For Three » Fri May 4, 2018 11:36 pm

Valid wrote:Not gonna lie: this is not a good look for Brad and our medical staff. You never, EVER listen to the player, especially when said player is a 21-year-old kid. It was also blatantly obvious that he wasn't 100 percent. We probably don't win Game 2 without him, but that doesn't change the fact that we allowed him to play with an injury.

I am still kinda stunned by this too myself. After the IT situation last postseason I thought we were done here with this playing injured stuff. :banghead:
ViperGTS
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,398

Post#1815 » by ViperGTS » Fri May 4, 2018 11:56 pm

Kyrie For Three wrote:
Valid wrote:Not gonna lie: this is not a good look for Brad and our medical staff. You never, EVER listen to the player, especially when said player is a 21-year-old kid. It was also blatantly obvious that he wasn't 100 percent. We probably don't win Game 2 without him, but that doesn't change the fact that we allowed him to play with an injury.

I am still kinda stunned by this too myself. After the IT situation last postseason I thought we were done here with this playing injured stuff. :banghead:

Nah. They said the MRI showed nothing. Treatment, stretching etc probably just fine.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,402

Post#1816 » by K For Three » Fri May 4, 2018 11:58 pm

ViperGTS wrote:
Kyrie For Three wrote:

Nah. They said the MRI showed nothing. Treatment, stretching etc probably just fine.

Good point, I had forgotten the MRI was negative. Still I hate this stuff and I worry but I will hope it's just a matter of pain tolerance and nothing more.
ViperGTS
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,398

Post#1817 » by ViperGTS » Sat May 5, 2018 12:40 am

Kyrie For Three wrote:
ViperGTS wrote:
Kyrie For Three wrote:

Good point, I had forgotten the MRI was negative. Still I hate this stuff and I worry but I will hope it's just a matter of pain tolerance and nothing more.

It’s probably a comfort thing plus being smart about hot/cool down periods. Which is why you saw him running in the hallway and nearly never sitting on the bench. Do that and it’s probably in better shape than it would be the other way. In fact, I’d have every player on the ground getting stretched out when they come off.
DaTruth34
Junior
And1: 314

Post#1818 » by DaTruth34 » Sat May 5, 2018 5:11 pm

Jaylen?

Inviato dal mio Moto G (4) utilizzando Tapatalk
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

Re: Injuries: Brown (Hamstring); Larkin (Shoulder) 

Post#1819 » by Parliament10 » Mon May 7, 2018 10:40 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Re: Injuries: Brown (Hamstring); Larkin (Shoulder) 

Post#1820 » by reload141 » Mon May 7, 2018 10:52 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

No dislocation, just soreness.

Grade 2 after scans.

Return to Boston Celtics