ImageImageImage

Gordon Hayward's Recovery Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,362

Re: Gordon Hayward's Recovery Thread 

Post#1201 » by K For Three » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:48 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:Is that a Patriots beanie I see? Gordo now a bandwagonner lol.

I'm happy he hasn't had any setback and his rehab seems to be progressing as expected. Maybe even better than expected.

Would not suprise me, his Colts are terrible now and well he is in the right area to bandwagon the Pats lol. I remember him saying he didn't like Brady and Brady even reached out to him to say hello. :D
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,191

Post#1202 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:09 pm

Read on Twitter

Hear that?! He can't wait!!
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,398

Post#1203 » by Jaqua92 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:21 pm

TA42 wrote:I think physically Hayward will be fine - the bigger concern is mentally.

For a period of time he's going to be tentative anytime he goes to the hoop or gets contact. We have to hope that he's mentally strong enough to eventually move past it.

He should be seeing a psychologist. Can help him work through any sort of lack of confidence or subconscious nerves he may have about his body
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#1204 » by GuyClinch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:59 am

seemed to be walking around pretty gingerly in the last video i saw.. but at least he is walking.. Can he get good enough to play in 2 - 3 months. Feels like long shot but not a doctor..
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,202

Post#1205 » by wco81 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:38 pm

Is he even rehabbing at this point, building back up the muscles in the lower half of the body?
CelticsWin5
Senior
And1: 377

Post#1206 » by CelticsWin5 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:41 am

Jaqua92 wrote:
TA42 wrote:I think physically Hayward will be fine - the bigger concern is mentally.

For a period of time he's going to be tentative anytime he goes to the hoop or gets contact. We have to hope that he's mentally strong enough to eventually move past it.

He should be seeing a psychologist. Can help him work through any sort of lack of confidence or subconscious nerves he may have about his body

The players work with the team sports psychologist
Crossy2008
Sixth Man
And1: 1,163

Post#1207 » by Crossy2008 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:10 pm

wco81 wrote:Is he even rehabbing at this point, building back up the muscles in the lower half of the body?

Physical activity is a big part of the last month or two of the recovery process. It's important to do light physical activity when the bone is going from the initial formation to the more hardened final formation. The pressure of physical activity improves bone growth and is essential. There's been very little actual information out there, but typically his bone should be healed by early next month. Then there is a time period where the body adds or removes bone to get it back to being a perfectly healthy bone; that can take from 3 weeks to 1 year, depending on how much excess or how much additional bone is needed. Once that last stage is done he will be cleared to return, and during the next month or so he will start conditioning more progressively, so once he gets the all-clear from the X-Rays, he shouldn't need a lot of time to get back up to speed because he will have been ratcheting up the condition progressively leading up to that point.

There are still a ton of unknowns about Hayward's recovery. I haven't read anything about his ligaments, X-Rays, muscle atrophy, routine, or anything else, so I just tend to stick to the time-table that is typical with these injuries, and he seems to be right on track with every stage so far.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,191

Post#1208 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:06 pm

ICYMI: Here are three of the more extensive articles/posts on Gordon's recovery/rehab... All from December. There isn't much that has come out the past couple of weeks apart from social media posts.

Himmelsbach, Boston Globe: Night Out w/ Gordon Hayward

Hayward, Blog: Improving Everyday

Haberstroh, Bleacher Report: The Gordon Hayward Experiment
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#1209 » by colaroaster » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:44 pm

so far so good w/o any major set-backs it's very clear the basketball gawds want gordo back sooner vs. later

4-5 wks he's taking "light contact" and most certainly returns as 10th man on the pine
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#1210 » by Spin Move » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:11 pm

Perhaps he can come back for 15 mins per game of the bench come playoff time. We are 3 months away still. Whatever the Dr's say is best long term is what we should do, we are not beating the Warriors unless both Steph and KD are both injured most likley so no reason to rush him if he is not 100% but getting some time in in the post season might really help him next year if he is able to.
liveod
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,082

Post#1211 » by liveod » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:25 pm

If Durant or Steph is injured we can beat the W's. We don't need them both to be injured.
Celtics_Champs wrote:Abby Chin always looks good. She blocked me on Twitter and to this day I have no idea and I never said anything to her. One day I will see her on sidelines and ask her why oh why.
ViperGTS
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,398

Post#1212 » by ViperGTS » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:21 pm

Read on Twitter
711takeover
Veteran
And1: 2,135

Post#1213 » by 711takeover » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:35 pm

liveod wrote:If Durant or Steph is injured we can beat the W's. We don't need them both to be injured.

Let's first get to the finals. If we play the dubs we're just playing with house money at that point. They still beat us in 7 with either KD or Curry hurt
ViperGTS
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,398

Post#1214 » by ViperGTS » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:43 pm

711takeover wrote:
liveod wrote:If Durant or Steph is injured we can beat the W's. We don't need them both to be injured.

Let's first get to the finals. If we play the dubs we're just playing with house money at that point. They still beat us in 7 with either KD or Curry hurt

Wrong. If KD or Curry are hurt it’s a pick em.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,802

Post#1215 » by Parliament10 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:00 am

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
BfB
Analyst
And1: 3,118

Post#1216 » by BfB » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:19 am

ddb wrote:I would absolutely love to see Hayward suit up and play a few regular season games and contribute some off the bench in the playoffs this season, but I find it extremely unlikely. I just feel like Ainge, Stevens and ownership care too much about his well being and also the massive investment they made in him to jeopardize letting him come back too soon.

I'm sure that technically, he could be healthy enough to play games later this season, but it's 1 thing to come back and play 2 meaningless regular season games and your team misses the playoffs (like PG13) VS coming back and you're entering playoff basketball.

Tough call. Too soon to even speculate when he will be back.

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app

Barring setback, he’s going to play this year. Further, I bet good money he plays 8-10 regular season games in preparation for the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#1217 » by ddb » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:43 pm

BfB wrote:
ddb wrote:I would absolutely love to see Hayward suit up and play a few regular season games and contribute some off the bench in the playoffs this season, but I find it extremely unlikely. I just feel like Ainge, Stevens and ownership care too much about his well being and also the massive investment they made in him to jeopardize letting him come back too soon.

I'm sure that technically, he could be healthy enough to play games later this season, but it's 1 thing to come back and play 2 meaningless regular season games and your team misses the playoffs (like PG13) VS coming back and you're entering playoff basketball.

Barring setback, he’s going to play this year. Further, I bet good money he plays 8-10 regular season games in preparation for the playoffs.

Man, I hope you're right
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#1218 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:02 pm

ddb wrote:
BfB wrote:

Man, I hope you're right

April fools day? Hayward will return at some point in April, so let's call it April fools month.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#1219 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:13 pm

March 28, 2018........just in time for his tribute video in Salt Lake City.
OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Post#1220 » by OFWGKTA » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:08 pm

From wiretap:

Odell Beckham Jr. has moved on from the rehab portion of his ankle surgery and has begun working out for the 2018 season.

Beckham is out in Los Angeles where he spends his offseasons. He is back working with his trainer, Jamal Liggin, with no apparent effects of the injury that ended his season.

Beckham is hoping to sign a contract extension this offseason as he enters the fifth-year option on his contract.

Beckham had over 1,300 yards and at least 10 touchdown receptions each of his first three professional seasons.

Note that Beckham broke his ankle about a week before Hayward did.
Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.

Return to Boston Celtics