ImageImageImage

The Boston Celtics No Longer Have the Best Record in the NBA (22-5)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,125

Re: The Boston Celtics Have the Best Record in the NBA 

Post#41 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Sat Nov 4, 2017 6:24 pm

ParticleMan wrote:meh. our schedule so far:
Spoiler:

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,609

Post#42 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Nov 4, 2017 6:34 pm

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:
leper-con wrote:I hope brad Stevens takes over once Danny retires.

If you think this hasn't been the plan all along, you've played yourself.

Sorry in about 4-5 years you will be looking for a new coach. Stevens is going to Duke to replace Coach K. A man can dream cant he.
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager

Post#43 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Sat Nov 4, 2017 6:39 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:

Sorry in about 4-5 years you will be looking for a new coach. Stevens is going to Duke to replace Coach K. A man can dream cant he.

Enjoy the Wojo era. You deserve him. You really do.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#44 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Nov 4, 2017 6:40 pm

ParticleMan wrote:meh. our schedule so far:

Has it really been all that soft though? You got wins over OKC and the Spurs, lost to the Cavs by 3 on the road. Thats what many consider to be 3 of the top teams in the league right there. I dont think anyone was saying before the season started Heat and Bucks on the road were easy wins. Im not saying its been a really tough schedule but I dont think its been a soft one either.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#45 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Nov 4, 2017 6:41 pm

hickfromfrenchlick wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:If you think this hasn't been the plan all along, you've played yourself.

PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,417

Post#46 » by PierceFan4ever » Sat Nov 4, 2017 6:48 pm

Give Brad Stevens coach of the year already. Like right now. I think there's a big coaching gap after Pop and Stevens. He's that good.
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager

Post#47 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Sat Nov 4, 2017 6:50 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Haha

Honestly, the biggest indictment against Coach K, in my view, is the guy he picks as his teacher's pets.

Something's off with Capel, btw. He can't be *that* good a recruiter.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#48 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Nov 4, 2017 6:57 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:

Haha

Honestly, the biggest indictment against Coach K, in my view, is the guy he picks as his teacher's pets.

Quin Snyder and Chris Collins both seem to be the real deal. Either than that, ya I think the pool is pretty dry. I do think Capel is a very good recruiter, but ya hard to overlook what happened in Oklahoma. I will say this, I think Jon Scheyer will be by far the best coach to come out of K's little coaching tree. He was one of the smartest players Ive seen come through Duke. My dream is Scheyer goes somewhere this summer, kills it there for a few years and is named the guy when K hangs it up. But sadly I think all signs point to Capel as the guy and while I think hes a good recruiter, I think he is a horrific coach. But ya not freaking Wojo haha.
VeryMuchWoke
Head Coach
And1: 7,509

Post#49 » by VeryMuchWoke » Sat Nov 4, 2017 7:08 pm

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:

Interesting. I would have expected him to be the coach on a lifetime contract (with power in the FO), but not for him to be the GM. Sort of like a Popovich/Buford arrangement. I hope he doesn't take a dual role like Thibs/SVG.

I kind of expected Zarren to lead basketball ops with Austin there to take the pressure of by talking to the public/press and being a figurehead.
"Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him."
Pat Riley
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,985

Post#50 » by jfs1000d » Sat Nov 4, 2017 7:09 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:

Depends on how Celtics are doing. I don't think Stevens likes the recruiting and one and done aspect of coaching. I could see Stevens at Duke, but he seems to me like a guy who will be done with coaching early in life and go into front office. That, or take over USA and do some TV work. He doesn't strike me as someone who is going to go from the Celtics, to NCAA rules, bus rides, and dealing with kids and academics and paperwork.

Think about that.
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager

Post#51 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Sat Nov 4, 2017 7:12 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Haha

Quin Snyder and Chris Collins both seem to be the real deal. Either than that, ya I think the pool is pretty dry. I do think Capel is a very good recruiter, but ya hard to overlook what happened in Oklahoma. I will say this, I think Jon Scheyer will be by far the best coach to come out of K's little coaching tree. He was one of the smartest players Ive seen come through Duke. My dream is Scheyer goes somewhere this summer, kills it there for a few years and is named the guy when K hangs it up. But sadly I think all signs point to Capel as the guy and while I think hes a good recruiter, I think he is a horrific coach. But ya not freaking Wojo haha.

Interesting. Scheyer's not so bad.

Snyder's doing a pretty good job. I'm surprised by Collins. I thought he was actually a pretty dumb basketball player, launching a lot of ill-advised shots. But coaching's in his blood.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#52 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Nov 4, 2017 7:16 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:If you think this hasn't been the plan all along, you've played yourself.

Depends on how Celtics are doing. I don't think Stevens likes the recruiting and one and done aspect of coaching. I could see Stevens at Duke, but he seems to me like a guy who will be done with coaching early in life and go into front office. That, or take over USA and do some TV work. He doesn't strike me as someone who is going to go from the Celtics, to NCAA rules, bus rides, and dealing with kids and academics and paperwork.

Think about that.

Before he went to Boston I thought Stevens was going to be the guy to take over for K. I knew the dude was a special coach that first year with Butler. Once he left Butler and went to you guys I knew the chances of getting him at Duke was all gone. To me he is the 2nd best coach in the NBA and only getting better, you guys are already winning (ECF last year) and some how keep getting younger and better every year. There is a 0% chance Stevens wouldve stayed around for the early rebuilding process then books it back down to college to go beg high school kids to play for him, right when the rebuilding is all done and you guys are an elite team. Stevens to Duke was always a dream and with each passing season its becoming more and more clear that dream has 0% chance of happening.

You guys got yourself an elite coach and I assume hes going to be a part of the Celtics franchise for a long long time.
SeizeCoup
Lead Assistant
And1: 665

Post#53 » by SeizeCoup » Sat Nov 4, 2017 7:27 pm

What's really amazing, and can not be stated enough, is that this team features 4 new starters! Imagine how they will look once they all learn each others game. Plus so many of their key pieces are young talent, at least one of whom should make a jump this year. If they keep trending this way, history shows a CBS led team usually gets better, so there's no reason they shouldn't be considered NBA finalist contenders... right? Crazy to even say that considering everything.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,985

Post#54 » by jfs1000d » Sat Nov 4, 2017 7:42 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Think about that.

Before he went to Boston I thought Stevens was going to be the guy to take over for K. I knew the dude was a special coach that first year with Butler. Once he left Butler and went to you guys I knew the chances of getting him at Duke was all gone. To me he is the 2nd best coach in the NBA and only getting better, you guys are already winning (ECF last year) and some how keep getting younger and better every year. There is a 0% chance Stevens wouldve stayed around for the early rebuilding process then books it back down to college to go beg high school kids to play for him, right when the rebuilding is all done and you guys are an elite team. Stevens to Duke was always a dream and with each passing season its becoming more and more clear that dream has 0% chance of happening.

You guys got yourself an elite coach and I assume hes going to be a part of the Celtics franchise for a long long time.

I am a huge UConn fan, and a lot of our fans swore that Stevens would be a good fit to replace Calhoun. Then, take a look at Indiana fans trying to figure out how to get Stevens there. Ainge took him from Butler, and the Celtics aren't going to give him back. Also, from people around team. He loves the NBA.
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,286

Post#55 » by Marvel » Sat Nov 4, 2017 8:49 pm

UNCBlue012 wrote:Even more importantly, look at that beautiful +9.2 point differential.

And that DEFENSE!
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,433

Post#56 » by shackles10 » Sun Nov 5, 2017 1:00 am

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:

ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#57 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Nov 5, 2017 3:36 pm

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#58 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Nov 6, 2017 1:27 am

Not my fault that this is still on the first page.

Okay, kinda partially my fault. Sore dick, can't be beat! CELTICS!
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,997

Post#59 » by 31to6 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 1:31 am

Spoiler:
oh **** just realized he can't coach the all-stars again this year!
that's, like, when we recruit our next All-Star.
hopefully he can be scouting some Arizona Wildcat games with Danny.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#60 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Nov 6, 2017 1:34 am

31to6 wrote:Image

Spoiler:
oh **** just realized he can't coach the all-stars again this year!
that's, like, when we recruit our next All-Star.
hopefully he can be scouting some Arizona Wildcat games with Danny.

Brown, Irving, and Horford will do the recruiting. They'll bring Yabs, Semi, Baynes, and Smart for some muscle.

Return to Boston Celtics