ImageImageImage

Should the C's stand pat?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

If the C's can draft a big man in 2018, should they still try to trade for Anthony Davis?

Yes
22%
No
43%
Need to wait and see how the current NBA and NCAA seasons play out.
35%

Total votes: 51

Moose23
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Re: RE: Re: Should the C's stand pat? 

Post#21 » by Moose23 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:18 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
Moose23 wrote:
OFWGKTA wrote:Blow it up

maybe. if we begged and traded all picks the raptors would trade demar for Brown, Tatum, Kyrie and filler

No Bruno - no deal.
Lol

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Gurton Buster
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,365

Re: Should the C's stand pat? 

Post#22 » by Gurton Buster » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:25 pm

IDK. I'm under the impression that Danny's won't/can't trade for AD. And if we were to acquire a top 5 pick, we would be drafting a big that would be playing off the bench that could take over Horford's role in a few years. TBH, we might have gotten a little too much talent from Brooklyn trade.

For next season, we would have:

1. Kyrie
2. Brown (w/ 1 more yr of experience)
3. Hayward
4. Tatum (w/ 1 more yr of experience)
5. Horford

Then Baynes, Morris, Smart, Rozier off the bench.

If we were to compare our roster to GSW, its pretty close IMO.

In a potential finals match up for next season I would put:

1. Kyrie = Curry
2. Brown < Klay
3. Hayward << KD
4. Tatum << Draymond
5. Horford >>>> Zaza

If GSW went small:

1. Kyrie = Curry
2. Brown < Klay
3. Hayward >> Iggy
4. Tatum <<< KD
5. Horford = Draymond

If we started Baynes:

1. Kyrie = Curry
2. Brown < Klay
3. Hayward << KD
4. Horford = Draymond
5. Baynes = Zaza

IMO, regardless of any changes, we have a legitimate chance for an NBA championship starting next season as long as we're healthy. I don't think we need AD or another top 5 pick to compete with the Warriors in the NBA finals. The talent level of this team was and is underrated and if this elite defence continues around this pace, anything is possible.
vct33
Veteran
And1: 839

Post#23 » by vct33 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:22 pm

I think we kinda went all in on the Irving trade which I love. I like the young nucleus and wouldn't want to part with more than like Brown, Rozier and picks for Davis. I've been a big Horford fan since college and couldn't believe we got screwed in the lottery with three legit stars in the draft. Having said that, if we could somehow fleece someone Billy King style and trade Horford for assets that could be flipped for AD, I'd consider.
I brings the ruckus to the ladies!
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Post#24 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:32 pm

DPE, Smart, Larking, Nader, Yabs, clippers pick ,our pick in 18, 19, 20 all in play if it makes us a better team this year or next.

Lakers/Kings pick
Memphis pick
Kyrie
Brown
Tatum
Hayward
Horford
Should all be off the table.

Morris, Rozier, Thies are all If huge upgrade to include guys.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#25 » by celticfan42487 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:20 am

steefP2 wrote:If you can get Anthony Davis while keeping Kyrie, Hayward and 1 of Brown/Tatum, you do it. That simple to me.

Basically. There's no point in trading for an MVP player if we can't win a ring. In that case we might as well keep the young core and hope the young guys over achieve.

I would go as far as to say if we can get a Davis, Jokic, Cousins, KAT, PorzinGod it would have to be with us keeping Kyrie, Hayward, Tatum as well otherwise no deal.

Even then I don't feel good about it. I know a Kyrie, Brown, Hayward,Tatum, C above wins me a ring or can win me a ring. Losing Brown... I'm not sure I can find a SG good enough to fill in for it.

Also it can't be an old guy coming back like Horford. No bigs over the age of 28 or it doesn't make sense for our core.

But yeah I'd trade it all pick wise. #2 overall this year, plus MEM, plus all our firsts and seconds with Horford for the upgrade to win a ring.

Depth wouldn't matter, great NBA players will sign with us for mins.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,433

Post#26 » by shackles10 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:38 am

Moose23 wrote:
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:
Moose23 wrote:
maybe. if we begged and traded all picks the raptors would trade demar for Brown, Tatum, Kyrie and filler

I'm gonna need them to include dwayne casey in the deal

Forgets about it, unless we include an Eastern Conference Champion banner to hang from the rafters. Their Atlantic Division banners are getting lonely.

Moose is a quick learner :lol:
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#27 » by brackdan70 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:48 am

an Anthony Davis scenario is tremendously unlikely. NO has him locked up for 3 years and would be foolish to move him unless there is a godfather offer. I am not in favor of the godfather offer.

if the lakers pick conveys we will likely be drafting a really good big with high upside. I am in favor of standing pat if that is how it goes down. develop Bamba, Ayton, Bagley or Porter under Horfords wing for a couple years and then keep the ball rolling.
Sign here
liveod
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,082

Post#28 » by liveod » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:00 am

With Hayward we can win a championship with the current squad as long as Marcus isn't chucking awful shots.
Celtics_Champs wrote:Abby Chin always looks good. She blocked me on Twitter and to this day I have no idea and I never said anything to her. One day I will see her on sidelines and ask her why oh why.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#29 » by Jaqua92 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:11 am

I just don't see it. It seems like the consensus is that if we don't draft a big, we trade for AD, with the confidence of us signing Hayward.

I feel like there isn't anything to it. If I had to bet, I would confidently wager we never see AD in a Celtics uniform. Unless this is just pure baseless speculation that us fans are trying to speak into existence, I just think this is blown way out of proportion.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#30 » by Jaqua92 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:15 am

Gurton Buster wrote:IDK. I'm under the impression that Danny's won't/can't trade for AD. And if we were to acquire a top 5 pick, we would be drafting a big that would be playing off the bench that could take over Horford's role in a few years. TBH, we might have gotten a little too much talent from Brooklyn trade.

1. Kyrie
3. Hayward
5. Horford

1. Kyrie = Curry
2. Brown < Klay
3. Hayward << KD
4. Tatum << Draymond
5. Horford >>>> Zaza

If GSW went small:

1. Kyrie = Curry
2. Brown < Klay
3. Hayward >> Iggy
4. Tatum <<< KD
5. Horford = Draymond

If we started Baynes:

1. Kyrie = Curry
2. Brown < Klay
3. Hayward << KD
4. Horford = Draymond
5. Baynes = Zaza

IMO, regardless of any changes, we have a legitimate chance for an NBA championship starting next season as long as we're healthy. I don't think we need AD or another top 5 pick to compete with the Warriors in the NBA finals. The talent level of this team was and is underrated and if this elite defence continues around this pace, anything is possible.

This is a Warriors team that went 73-9, then added KD.

No way we have a shot against them until the get old. No way
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,420

Post#31 » by PierceFan4ever » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:20 am

You never know about Anthony Davis pulling a Kyrie. Kyrie may have created a blueprint for some of these players in taking control of the situation forcefully. Whatever happens to New Orleans along with Cousins staying or leaving is going to be huge. I'm sure Davis is no dummy, he knows how good he is and knows the longer he waits the less likely he will see himself be the main dominant player in a championship squad. Everyone wants to win a championship now more than ever and the value of winning a championship seems to skyrocket a players legacy greatly these days. A time will come within next season where I can see this happening imo.
steefP2
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,679

Post#32 » by steefP2 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:33 am

Suffice to say, whatever Danny Ainge decides to do, he has earned the benefit of the doubt.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,682

Post#33 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:41 am

Jaqua92 wrote:
Gurton Buster wrote:IDK. I'm under the impression that Danny's won't/can't trade for AD. And if we were to acquire a top 5 pick, we would be drafting a big that would be playing off the bench that could take over Horford's role in a few years. TBH, we might have gotten a little too much talent from Brooklyn trade.

1. Kyrie
3. Hayward
5. Horford

1. Kyrie = Curry
2. Brown < Klay
3. Hayward << KD
4. Tatum << Draymond
5. Horford >>>> Zaza

If GSW went small:

1. Kyrie = Curry
2. Brown < Klay
3. Hayward >> Iggy
4. Tatum <<< KD
5. Horford = Draymond

If we started Baynes:

1. Kyrie = Curry
2. Brown < Klay
3. Hayward << KD
4. Horford = Draymond
5. Baynes = Zaza

This is a Warriors team that went 73-9, then added KD.

No way we have a shot against them until the get old. No way

The Warriors went 73-9 when most of the league didn't know what hit them. The Celtics went 1-1 against them that season with a lot less talent than they have now, in a pair of close games (the Warriors win was in double overtime).
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#34 » by jirrit » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:16 am

They are not gonna deal him 'till 2020 something. If not before 2020 I'd bank on this squad and hope for him in FA.
jirrit
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by jirrit » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:18 am

Jaqua92 wrote:I just don't see it. It seems like the consensus is that if we don't draft a big, we trade for AD, with the confidence of us signing Hayward.

I feel like there isn't anything to it. If I had to bet, I would confidently wager we never see AD in a Celtics uniform. Unless this is just pure baseless speculation that us fans are trying to speak into existence, I just think this is blown way out of proportion.
Do we still have to sign Hayward?
jirrit
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by jirrit » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:20 am

Kyrie is only 350 days older than AD btw. Wow
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,153

Post#37 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:59 am

I would. I think with the natural development of the current guys, the return of Hayward and one more piece off the bench, preferably a SF of the Iguodala type..roll out a starting 5 of Irving, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Horford with a bench of Rozier, Smart, FA, Morris, Baynes and you're in business against anybody next year.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
radcot
General Manager
And1: 11,466

Post#38 » by radcot » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:32 pm

Depends on cost & Hayward's recovery. If it looks like Hayward will be himself in 2018, then I'd be reluctantly willing to part with one of Tatum/Brown plus parts & picks for AD. Love the team as it is and will be, but imagine a starting lineup of AD, Al, Kyrie, GH, Brown/Tatum. Damn. But I also agree that the chances New Orleans parts with Davis are slim and none.
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#39 » by ermocrate » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:10 pm

I think that Tatum will develop to be a better player than AD, so if we can get him for anything beside Irving, Hayward, Tatum and Horford I would pick him, otherwise I’m not.
"Negativity in this town sucks"
steefP2
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,679

Post#40 » by steefP2 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:11 pm

jirrit wrote:Kyrie is only 350 days older than AD btw. Wow

You can just say a year you know :D . Those 15 days ain't making a difference.

Return to Boston Celtics