ImageImageImage

Should the C's stand pat?

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

If the C's can draft a big man in 2018, should they still try to trade for Anthony Davis?

Yes
22%
No
43%
Need to wait and see how the current NBA and NCAA seasons play out.
35%

Total votes: 51

celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Re: Should the C's stand pat? 

Post#41 » by celticfan42487 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:19 pm

ermocrate wrote:I think that Tatum will develop to be a better player than AD, so if we can get him for anything beside Irving, Hayward, Tatum and Horford I would pick him, otherwise I’m not.

Are you aware of which AD we're speaking about?

If not I'll give some hints, he's 24 and likely the bets player in the NBA right now.
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#42 » by ermocrate » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:19 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:
ermocrate wrote:I think that Tatum will develop to be a better player than AD, so if we can get him for anything beside Irving, Hayward, Tatum and Horford I would pick him, otherwise I’m not.

If not I'll give some hints, he's 24 and likely the bets player in the NBA right now.

He is questionable for being the best player in his own team tho.

If JT keeps this pace ha would have 2,5 less rebound than him, 0.03% worst 2p%, 1 less block than him with a vastly better outside shot in his rookie season.
"Negativity in this town sucks"
Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,223

Post#43 » by Parasite » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:57 pm

AD just suffered the third concussion of his career. Does this play a role in the decision to try and trade for him? If it’s a close call, I say yes it does. It could be the deciding factor moving forward, especially if it happens again.
leper-con
General Manager
And1: 3,950

Post#44 » by leper-con » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:00 pm

Parasite wrote:AD just suffered the third concussion of his career. Does this play a role in the decision to try and trade for him? If it’s a close call, I say yes it does. It could be the deciding factor moving forward, especially if it happens again.

I'm sort of off the AD bandwagon.
There is a plethora of bigs coming out of this draft, we should target one of them.
Plus it's a swing players league now. I want to keep Tatum and Brown.
AD to me has that Danny Manning frame that will break down repeatedly.
Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,223

Post#45 » by Parasite » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:09 pm

leper-con wrote:
Parasite wrote:AD just suffered the third concussion of his career. Does this play a role in the decision to try and trade for him? If it’s a close call, I say yes it does. It could be the deciding factor moving forward, especially if it happens again.

I'm sort of off the AD bandwagon.
There is a plethora of bigs coming out of this draft, we should target one of them.
Plus it's a swing players league now. I want to keep Tatum and Brown.
AD to me has that Danny Manning frame that will break down repeatedly.

I’m starting to come around to this line of thinking as well. I was somewhat of a detractor of Brown before the season, but he has really pleasantly surprised me. If we did end up with the Lakers pick I would probably keep it and select one of the bigs.

Tatum, for me, would be absolutely off the table.
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,620

Post#46 » by jirrit » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:36 pm

steefP2 wrote:
jirrit wrote:Kyrie is only 350 days older than AD btw. Wow

You can just say a year you know :D . Those 15 days ain't making a difference.

8400 hours, that's nothing
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#47 » by captain green » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:58 pm

Stand pat on keeping, brown, tatum, rozier, irving, hayward, the rest serve s purpose if the purpose out ways the cons you gone. We have a pick with bigs that look damn good this has to a degree weaken me on wanting cousins , ad, etc. and I'm 100% on board use the damn dpe. So stand by on big trade and yes on dpe.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
darylbe
Rookie
And1: 554

Post#48 » by darylbe » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:11 am

Ideal world, pick conveys at #2, ainge flips it for a #4 and first rounder 2018 while getting his guy. Unprotected this time

Sent from my LGMS428 using RealGM mobile app
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#49 » by cloverleaf » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:53 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:

He also is maybe two concussions away from retiring (if he'd have any sense left by then).

Return to Boston Celtics